Vincent Q

[MOC] Once upon a times when master Wu was young...

This is such a fascinating and highly detailed Creation.While going through Picture after Picture,i could almost imagine this as a Movie (reading the Comments afterwards showed me i was right) and i could almost hear a Narrator telling the Tale of a young but wise Martial Arts Teacher that lives in a quiet Town,far away from Fear,War and Suffering to find his inner Peace...oh and a Bamboo Flute as a Background Music.

The last Picture is priceless,Baby Wu :D

Simply epic. Crazy awesome detail, scale and realism. The architecture, roof build techniques, figures (training and age progression are so excellent) foliage, photography, indeed everything is perfection. Absolutely stunning work Vincent Q! :wub:

Awesome build! Very simple styling, but that brings out the details, especially the roof. :thumbup: Love the garden with gazebo, and the BB-9E body does make a most excellent flower pot. :laugh:

It's a magnificent build, but the photography is distracting. Because the focus area is so small most of the beautiful details cannot be seen.

On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 6:53 PM, Borex said:

Why is Wu so mad?! It is lovely overthere!

Yes agreed with you that expression on his face is too serious.  xp

On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:24 PM, Robert8 said:

*oh2*

Holly heaven! This is amazing

The doors, the pond, the trees.... everything looks awesome

Congratulations for this beautiful piece of art

Thanks! I'm so happy that you notice all the details.

On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:06 PM, GeoBrick said:

Marvelous creation! It looks so lifelike.

I especially like the garden square with the pond and pavilion section. It looks so restful.

Cheers!

On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:42 PM, Tom Bombadil said:

Vincent,

I just picked up my jaw from the floor.  Very detailed and accurate build of an oriental themed mansion.  Interesting use of the samurai helmet plume for the fences.  Hope to see more works from you.  :thumbup:

Thank you. Llooking forward to share with you more of my mocs in future.

On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:57 PM, nana said:

Gorgeous! As a Chinese myself, this is amazing to me. 

Do you have any furniture or decoration inside the house?

Yes i do moc some oriental style furnitures but i haven't figure out how to display them in this courtyard house. You can check my other oriental mocs. I do like to moc furnitures. I am chinese too but i am from Malaysia. Nice meeting you.

On ‎15‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 1:20 AM, Sir Brickalot said:

Great use of pieces, especially BB-9E’s body for the flower pot and the Bionicle armour add on for a rock! Stunning designs.

So happy that you notice it, Cheers!

On ‎15‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 1:21 AM, Goldenmasamune said:

It looks very serene. I wish the Ninjago theme was more like this, as opposed to weird steampunk ninja shark robots.  (who am I kidding the kids love steampunk ninja shark robots).

Is there an interior?

Yes i agreed with you. I also don't like those ninjago steam punk sets. I have moc some furnitures but i haven't figure out how the interior layout. ;P

On ‎15‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 1:30 AM, Athos said:

Quite lovely. I am definitely going to appropriate some of those details for my Japanese castle I'm working on.

Steve

Let's Brick on!  cheers!

On ‎15‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 1:48 AM, deraven said:

Beautiful!  The roof technique is really interesting, and I also really like the ground in the courtyard, the planters/vases, and the lush greenery at the side of the pond.  Great build!  :classic:

Thank you!

Creations like this leave me speechless. True masterpiece. That roof technique is incredible and tops of equally great... everything else :D Just wow.

On ‎15‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 2:05 AM, badchriss said:

This is such a fascinating and highly detailed Creation.While going through Picture after Picture,i could almost imagine this as a Movie (reading the Comments afterwards showed me i was right) and i could almost hear a Narrator telling the Tale of a young but wise Martial Arts Teacher that lives in a quiet Town,far away from Fear,War and Suffering to find his inner Peace...oh and a Bamboo Flute as a Background Music.

The last Picture is priceless,Baby Wu :D

I'm so happy that you noticed the picture that i showed is in sequence. I wanna say "give me five" after reading your message as you really get what i really want to show from the pictures. Thank you very much and ....GIVE ME FIVE  ;P

On ‎15‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:05 AM, koalayummies said:

Simply epic. Crazy awesome detail, scale and realism. The architecture, roof build techniques, figures (training and age progression are so excellent) foliage, photography, indeed everything is perfection. Absolutely stunning work Vincent Q! :wub:

Thanks for your compliment. I'm glad that you like it. Cheers!

On ‎15‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:27 AM, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Awesome build! Very simple styling, but that brings out the details, especially the roof. :thumbup: Love the garden with gazebo, and the BB-9E body does make a most excellent flower pot. :laugh:

Thank you. the "symbol'' on the BB-9E look like some kind of oriental art drawing to me that's why i transform it to be a vase. ;p

On ‎15‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:01 PM, JasperL said:

It's a magnificent build, but the photography is distracting. Because the focus area is so small most of the beautiful details cannot be seen.

I want to show the picture from the eyes of a minifigure inside this MOC. that's why i took many pictures in close up. ;d

20 hours ago, TheBeeze said:

This is incredibly clean. Very nicely done. 

Cheers!

18 hours ago, Graham Gidman said:

Okay, color me impressed. This build is absolutely spectacular! Just wow.

Thank you!

16 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Gorgeous and insane MOC :wub::wub::wub:

The roof is too much for me!*huh*

Fantastic garden with perfect japan style:thumbup:

Thank you!

5 hours ago, krisandkris12 said:

Creations like this leave me speechless. True masterpiece. That roof technique is incredible and tops of equally great... everything else :D Just wow.

Cheers!

Oh my word! If you aren't a Brickfilmer, you need to become one so I can feast my eyes on this BEAUTIFUL scene. 

Seriously, make a film! 

MAC

14 hours ago, CYUSA said:

This is awesome! Very detailed work on the roof and the Chinese style structures and fences. :thumbup:

Chees!

11 hours ago, iammac said:

Oh my word! If you aren't a Brickfilmer, you need to become one so I can feast my eyes on this BEAUTIFUL scene. 

Seriously, make a film! 

MAC

Thanks MAC, i like movies and photographing, editing pictures of own MOC into slideshow is so entertaining. Here's the one that i made. Check it out...

Hello there, I would like to thank all of you for the comments and compliments. I feel grateful and motivating. I want to show you guys my slideshow about this MOC. I listened to many chinese orchestra for inspiration when i make this MOC so i decided to make a slideshow about this MOC with chinese orchestra. Check it out.. 

Thanks for the slideshow! I was looking at your MOC again, and my eyes are detecting a slight curve to the roof of the main building. Is this an illusion or does it really draw upwards at the ends?

When I look at the perimeter, it looks right and square; but somewhere in the middle it seemed bowed!

MAC

Just now, iammac said:

Thanks for the slideshow! I was looking at your MOC again, and my eyes are detecting a slight curve to the roof of the main building. Is this an illusion or does it really draw upwards at the ends?

When I look at the perimeter, it looks right and square; but somewhere in the middle it seemed bowed!

MAC

Thanks Mac. I purposely let it be slightly curve a bit as it is the style of chinese architect.

On 11/17/2017 at 8:57 AM, Vincent Q said:

Thanks Mac. I purposely let it be slightly curve a bit as it is the style of chinese architect.

Ah that makes sensei! Er, I mean that makes sense! Well this MOC was so beautiful, it encouraged me to tear down an old "Masters of Spinjitzu" TV show dojo that I foolishly never posted. Granted, mine won't be a whole 48x48. :wink: Thanks for the inspiration!

MAC

3 hours ago, iammac said:

Ah that makes sensei! Er, I mean that makes sense! Well this MOC was so beautiful, it encouraged me to tear down an old "Masters of Spinjitzu" TV show dojo that I foolishly never posted. Granted, mine won't be a whole 48x48. :wink: Thanks for the inspiration!

MAC

You are welcome Mac. Let's BRICK ON !  ^0^

All I can say is "DITTO!" Wow! The design is simple yet complicated. This reminds me so much of Xi'an with its phenomenal gardens. Living in a place like this seems like a Big Dream. Time slows down when entering a special place like the one you built. Walking the paths to and through the gate in anticipation of what lies beyond. The lovely, minimal plants with well placed rocks and hovering trees. The wooden walkways guiding you through the enclosure overlooking ponds of koi and water plants. You have created an amazing atmospheric calm that causes your blood pressure to go down. A masterpiece! 

This is really an awesome creation, I gotta be honest at first, the roof and upper windows it seemed to me an Asian Simpsons house, hehe, the scenery is beautiful, I love all the detail, that lake, and your roof technic, your fingers were through some pain no?! :D
Congrats you made a piece of art!

Wow! Beautiful in proportion, texture, etc. I love the moon gates, despite how simple they of course are. The contrast of studs and the 1x1 round tiles on edge in the roof is clever yet pleasing, and al blends into one and deceives the eye about the enormous scale of your MOC.

How did you construct the screen doors? And forgive my ignorance - but where do those decorative bricks in the stripe around the outside of the house come from?

Great job, Vincent Q! :thumbup:

Your photographic skills truly enhance your beautiful build.  Love how you used real life as the background for the photos.

:classic: Beverly

The roof and architectural elements really pulled me in ... I would love to see a step by step on your process for the roof.