Yorel

...Yorel

So yeah, my name's Yorel. Actually no it's not, it's Leroy. But you can call me Yorel. Or Leroy. I don't really care.

I've been a Lego fan for as long as I can remember. I went through a, let's call it a "shadow age" during my teens/very early twenties. Shadow, because It wasn't dark enough to be a dark age, as I still kept an eye on what was going on with Lego (Well except for the ages of 15-16/17, during which time I was a moody teenager and got angry at Lego for making Star Wars figures fleshies). It was just that my money went towards teenage wants and needs. But I always told myself I'd get back into Lego one day.

I started getting back into Lego with the release of the Collectable Minifigures. That's where most of my Lego collecting stayed until 2013, when after some family tragedy I started buying sets again. Just a few small ones here and there, the biggest being the Cargo Heliplane (60021), because I'm quite fond of the V-22 Osprey that it was so obviously based of off. That's all lead to this point where I spend way to much money each month on Lego and curse the fact that my bank account has numbers in it and not just an infinity symbol.

Currently my collection is mostly City, Nexo Knights and Star Wars. I love Star Wars. Loved. Until Disney started messing around with it. Now my only real interest is SW is because of Lego.

Out side of the brick, I cream/draw/micro, microheroes. After a quick search of the EB forums, I have noticed at least one user from the forum I usually post on.

So yeah, yeah, anyway, that's me. I'll be seeing ya.

,Hello there LEEEROOOOY JEEENKIIINS! (Right, stop that. That's silly. And a little bit suspect.) Sorry, my urge to get back into WoW is resurfacing...and Trainz: A New Era among other things. (I need a more powerful laptop.) Anyway, enjoy your time here.

Edited by Steamdemon

Hi there Yorel! :classic: Welcome to Eurobricks. I completely agree on Star Wars: first the fleshies, then Disney taking over - meh! Anyway,  see you around!

Thanks guys.

23 minutes ago, Littleworlds said:

Hi there Yorel! :classic: Welcome to Eurobricks. I completely agree on Star Wars: first the fleshies, then Disney taking over - meh! Anyway,  see you around!

You know truthfully I was super psyched when it was announced that Disney bought Star Wars and were going to make more movies. Then they announce that JJ Abrams would be involved and dread set in. I hated TFA. The only other movie that even comes close to the amount of hate I have for TFA is Man of Steel, but that's for very different reasons.

But yeah, just as I was starting to get some hope that The Last Jedi may be good, they announce that Abrams is coming back and now I'm not even going to bother seeing TLJ.

2 hours ago, Yorel said:

You know truthfully I was super psyched when it was announced that Disney bought Star Wars and were going to make more movies. Then they announce that JJ Abrams would be involved and dread set in. I hated TFA. The only other movie that even comes close to the amount of hate I have for TFA is Man of Steel, but that's for very different reasons.

But yeah, just as I was starting to get some hope that The Last Jedi may be good, they announce that Abrams is coming back and now I'm not even going to bother seeing TLJ.

I wasn't excited by Disney taking it over and their decision to declare the expanded universe non-canon. There were some really good ideas going on there (which they eventually put a couple back in of course :wink:) and JJ Abrams... ugh. Not impressed by Lost, Cloverfield or his 2nd Star Trek film and then he makes it a retelling of E IV - doh!

6 hours ago, Littleworlds said:

I wasn't excited by Disney taking it over and their decision to declare the expanded universe non-canon. There were some really good ideas going on there (which they eventually put a couple back in of course :wink:) and JJ Abrams... ugh. Not impressed by Lost, Cloverfield or his 2nd Star Trek film and then he makes it a retelling of E IV - doh!

I understood why they removed the EU from canon and I realized pretty early on that they'd do it, but I think the way they did it was pretty crappy as it still left a lot of people unsure about what was not-canon and what was.

But like I said, my only real continuing interest in Star Wars is Lego, which I'm trying to use to create my own head canon universe that borrows heavily from the old EU.

Just now, Yorel said:

But like I said, my only real continuing interest in Star Wars is Lego, which I'm trying to use to create my own head canon universe that borrows heavily from the old EU.

Funny you say that! I'm doing a similar thing with my worldbuilding as well, in a megalomaniac attempt to cram all of the lego themes I own sets of into one universe. Realistic goals! :wink:

Is there a site somewhere I can read about your lego star wars? You really got my attention now.:classic:

5 hours ago, Littleworlds said:

Is there a site somewhere I can read about your lego star wars? You really got my attention now.:classic:

No, there's nothing at the moment, other then idea's rattling around my brain.

Welcome Leroy ! I agree with you about SW fleshies...

I am an original yellow face fan. Besides Some of the torsos are quite good for MOCing and you can put yellow face on them, I still keep an eye on SW sets but I am loosing interest on them now.

Enjoy your stay with us in the forum !