Hi everyone,

We (me and my brother) have created a landscape based on the Adventures theme from 1998 and 1999. The landscape was shown at Lego World the Netherlands 2017. The landscape contains a piramide, a temple, a lake town, a village and many vehicles.

You have already seen the development of the vehicles and landscape in Various Adventurers Creations

38258052866_9ba957e7cc_c.jpg

The piramide was build by my brother and it contains many rooms with traps, treasures, mummies and action.

38258052286_17caf23d73_c.jpg

The Jungle was created by me and for the first time we added trees and more plants to make it look like a real jungle.

26539068339_26f55af5cb_c.jpg

I am glad that the water worked out fine. Someone told me that the river should be bigger compared to the ship the river is small.

He had a point, but it was already expensive to purchase all the transparent pieces. :tongue:

38312573351_0b71d5482f_c.jpg

For more pictures visit my Flickr album.

Land of Adventure

Questions and feedback are welcome. :classic:

Sander

This is a huge display and very well done. My favourite landscape is probably the last picture with the town. Great idea to recreate the Adventure theme!

Really impressive! Nice job on the interior of the pyramid and with the lush vegetation in the jungle parts. So much to see!:classic:

On ‎15‎-‎11‎-‎2017 at 2:07 AM, kjm161 said:

This is a huge display and very well done. My favourite landscape is probably the last picture with the town. Great idea to recreate the Adventure theme!

Thanks. :classic: I used the sets as a start for my builds. The water plane, cars, temple and boat are all inspired from the sets. Adventurers is one of my favorite themes. :wink:

On ‎15‎-‎11‎-‎2017 at 4:30 AM, BrickJagger said:

Very nice! I like the detail in the pyramid chambers.

Thanks. I tell that to my brother (he is the one who created the pyramid). :wink:
 I see now that I wrote piramide instead of pyramid. :sceptic: Weird.

11 hours ago, Littleworlds said:

Really impressive! Nice job on the interior of the pyramid and with the lush vegetation in the jungle parts. So much to see!:classic:

Thank you. It took a day to place all the plants on the landscape, but it really gives a jungle feeling (to me it did). :classic:

9 hours ago, TheBeeze said:

Very Nice!

Thanks. :classic:

So much right with this MOC. I like how you stayed true to the nature of LEGO and didn't try to slope the side of the pyramid. Top marks!

MAC

Very nice. Your pyramid looks like it has a smaller slope. Is that right or just an illusion from the angle of the photo?

Do the spears in the trap room move up and down? If not, motorizing them could be a cool effect.

Do you have any more photos of the interior?

I love the sphinx over the entry to the pyramid.

Just a minor nitpick -and I might be wrong about it- but I do not think the Egyptians had arch technology.

Steve

On ‎17‎-‎11‎-‎2017 at 12:07 AM, iammac said:

So much right with this MOC. I like how you stayed true to the nature of LEGO and didn't try to slope the side of the pyramid. Top marks!

MAC

Thank you. :classic:

My brother wanted to build the pyramid out of slopes, but there were only 47 2x2 corner pieces in tan on bricklink and he needed more than 90 on each side.

He chose to build in like a stair and used a lot of 2x2 tiles.

17 hours ago, Athos said:

Very nice. Your pyramid looks like it has a smaller slope. Is that right or just an illusion from the angle of the photo?

Do the spears in the trap room move up and down? If not, motorizing them could be a cool effect.

Do you have any more photos of the interior?

I love the sphinx over the entry to the pyramid.

Just a minor nitpick -and I might be wrong about it- but I do not think the Egyptians had arch technology.

Steve

Thank you.

For you first question see my previous post to @iammac.

The plan was to motorize the spears, but there was to much friction and that would damage the motor.

My brother will build some extra PF lights into the pyramid. So hopefully that gives better pictures next time.

As for the arch technology, my brother have seen pictures of an usual pyramid and found it boring, that is why he made his own version out of it.

4 hours ago, sander1992 said:

For you first question see my previous post to @iammac.

I think I must have been unclear. I understand why you did not use slopes. I was curious about the angle of the slopes. It looks not as steep as if you stacked brick on top of brick and then put tiles on the brick. Particularly it looks like there is a bend in the angle on the back corner. Is that just an illusion of the photography?

Steve

@AthosO, I see. :classic:

I think the bend is caused by the tables.

We used a lot of cardboard and plastic bags to align the tables, but that wasn't enough.

That is one impressively big build! 

Did it get a good reaction on display?

I have one little tip about the river: If you make a river be an edge to the layout, (with tributaries through the landscape if you want to build it in) you can put a larger boat on the edge side because there the river is as wide as it needs to be :wink:

Then there is the LEGO way, you can use a printed sheet underneath and not build a river at all!

@Peppermint_M Yes, we had a lot of positive reactions from the visitors and the exhibitors. :thumbup:

We wanted the river in the middle to separate the desert from the jungle, but it was a bit small and I wanted a lake for the seaplane.

We could make it bigger, but it was already expensive. You can see the small river as a challenge for Gabarros to overcome. :laugh:

The next time the river will be bigger. :wink:

Then there is the LEGO way, you can use a printed sheet underneath and not build a river at all!

Not an option. :tongue:

Thank you, @kieran

I have a few pictures of the interior of the pyramid.

39282623211_58a1bb4e06_c.jpg

Here is another picture of the right side of the pyramid.

27506886339_abb004c6c1_c.jpg

Sorry for the quality of the photo. 

There were a lot of pillars.

Feedback and questions are welcome. :classic:

Edited by sander1992
I was not finished (sorry)