Sign in to follow this  
Batsy

Kylo Ren's Tie Fighter vs U Wing Fighter (I need advice on what to buy)

Hi,
I need some advice on what to buy myself because I simply cannot decide.

It's either 75179 Kylo Ren's Tie Fighter or 75155 Rebel U-Wing Fighter. What do you think is better?
Or is anything else in the price range (up to 75€; for example Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle which is on clearance in my area)?

Thank you so much fpr helping me and if this is inappropriate, please delete :) 

Don't buy the Command Shuttle. Looks terrible and poorly designed. The U-wing is very bulky below, and is way out of proportion. I would get the Tie fighter; it's great all around.

I haven't built either set yet so you might want to listen to someone else, but I think the U-wing is a much better deal than the TIE Silencer. For about the same amount of money, you get a nice ship with interior and space for multiple figs and tons of functions, while the TIE is only a single-seat overpriced starfighter with no functionality whatsoever. The TIE does look really great though, but it's not the best display piece out there with its unfinished back/underside with blue pins. It doesn't even have a proper control panel in the cockpit, it really goes to show how lazily they designed and overpriced it. Meanwhile, you also get a lot of figures with the U-wing.

It also depends on whether you like playability over displayability, or which one looks the best to you. You might also want to wait until after you've seen TLJ, so you can determine which ship and figures are more important to you.

I'd get either one before Kylo Ren's shuttle. It's a very inaccurate set, and though IMO still good, it might be better to just wait for a better version to come out in the future, perhaps for the Ep 9 wave.

I say U-wing. I won't be buying the Tie as it doesn't appeal to me, especially for the price. I love the U-wing though, it was a fun build and like others have said, comes with a lot of mini figs.

1 hour ago, JekPorkchops said:

I haven't built either set yet so you might want to listen to someone else, but I think the U-wing is a much better deal than the TIE Silencer. For about the same amount of money, you get a nice ship with interior and space for multiple figs and tons of functions, while the TIE is only a single-seat overpriced starfighter with no functionality whatsoever. The TIE does look really great though, but it's not the best display piece out there with its unfinished back/underside with blue pins. It doesn't even have a proper control panel in the cockpit, it really goes to show how lazily they designed and overpriced it. Meanwhile, you also get a lot of figures with the U-wing.

It also depends on whether you like playability over displayability, or which one looks the best to you. You might also want to wait until after you've seen TLJ, so you can determine which ship and figures are more important to you.

I'd get either one before Kylo Ren's shuttle. It's a very inaccurate set, and though IMO still good, it might be better to just wait for a better version to come out in the future, perhaps for the Ep 9 wave.

Oh ok thank you for your advice! So for the Shuttle, I wait until a better one is released.

12 minutes ago, axiom said:

I say U-wing. I won't be buying the Tie as it doesn't appeal to me, especially for the price. I love the U-wing though, it was a fun build and like others have said, comes with a lot of mini figs.

Thank you for your advice too!

Also I should have mentioned that both are on clearance. I'd pay 55€ for the TIE and about 60€ for the U-Wing so both are already cheaper.

Still the U-Wing? Or is either of those more worth for the lower price?

I personally believe the best set in the first R1 wave is/was the Y-wing, but to be honest all the R1 sets were superb. :sweet:

U Wing personally, it's biggest downside is making figures stand up in the compartment but other than that it's very long and fun for display and play. You get more figures and a better deal overall. Kylos TIE just seems inferior and the only reason I can recommend it is you personally like the silencers design more. The command shuttle has good figures but I wouldn't recommend it otherwise

The U-wing. It's a great set and looks good on display as well.

Or, the Y-wing. This set is also fantastic and looks great on display.

Thank you all so much! I will try to get the U-Wing then, although I may have to order it. The Y-Wing is also on clearance but it's not interesting enough for me now. Maybe when I'm lucky they'll still have it after Christmas. Same goes to the other R1 sets.

Thank you again for your advice!!

UPDATE: I got the U-Wing! Thank you all very much!!

Edited by Batsy