Fenestra

Expanding Winter Village Happening this year?

Hey Guys, 

While I never participate I love the expand the Winter Village thread every year (I think it's normally a contest). Will this be happening this year or the Christmas Tree is what is going on this year?

Just asking. I always love seeing what people are doing to their villages!

Thanks!

Well, I've already made posts about my use of the Friends Snow Resort sets to expand the Village, but I also got the 60150 Pizza Van and decorated it with a few extra white elements to make it seem like there's snow on top. The way I see it, "City Pizza" sounds like a brand name that would be far more appealing in a small-town setting like Winter Village. Plus, how could I deny my villagers the wonder that is pizza?

Hello - I was wondering the same thing. Every year I never finish an entry in time, but this year I've got the time and parts, and was hoping the competition would take place for end of 2017?

I am new to Lego (as an AFOL) this year, could someone explain the contest to me. I cannot find the previous contest entries on the forum anymore.

Was it a competition to see how you could creatively incorporate a 'normal' lego set into a winter village, or was it more on creatively expanding a winter village, for instance with your own lego creations?

I have noticed this year how addicting lego and specifically winter village can be. I spend quite a bit of money to get my winter village into shape for this Christmas holiday and I really enjoy seeing creations from others on the forum for inspiration.

I wondered the same thing, although if one is happening this late in the year there is no way I could get anything ready in time.

@wildly The contests were to build an original creation that fit the theme. If you google "site:eurobricks.com winter village" (without quotation marks, obviously) it will pull up everything on EB that is related. You can try using the site's search as well, but even mods have before said that using google does a better job. In the past each entry was required to put "Winter Village" in the topic title so you should be able to find lots of builds for inspiration with those keywords.

Also, welcome to eurobricks!

Is it too much to ask that a moderator would answer this question?  Surely they all know the answer.  Will there be a Winter Village competition this year?