Sign in to follow this  
Professor Thaum

[SR - FB 3 Nov 2017] It's all about expertise

In response of the mayor of Jameston' call, the doctor Thaum send his finest  brewmatser and his most experienced staff to help solving this thorny issue : " Will Jameston produce enough booze for keeping up morale of the future wanabee explorers and botanists"

Here comes the main Jameston Distillery with Captain Antonio Feliciano Trezalez y Tondoz y Gazon personnally handing the key of the factory to colonel Allcock's obligee.

u6py.png

the same without the roof :

2v1n.png

More pics later.

will be licenced as a large factory

Very nicely done, Professor!  Those contraptions look great, and you've nailed the colors and activity too - even that dock is fantastic! :thumbup:  Of course, Captain Whiffo doesn't agree with the building of the factory, being a tea-totaller, but I will second Elostirion about the improvement in your building skills! :grin: :pir-classic:

A brilliant factory Prof, really, really impressive! I love the style of the factory with the white walls, medium dark flesh roof and open air section on the right. The way it sits on the shoreline is also very cool. I have a large commercial build started with a very similar shoreline that I think I will now adapt to match your style and vision here! The lime palm tree works well and I like the fisherman sitting on the boardwalk.

The machinery itself is very impressive, the attention to detail is incredible, especially with the broken down section. All in all a lovely MOC that I am honoured to have in Jameston! 

I will transfer the bounty and license fee as soon as the account sheet is back to normal!

Very nice build Thaum, and another fine distillery from you. I always like the amount of detail you put into your LDD builds, and you've really improved!

This is an excellent MOC, and Jameston's pride for sure. I love pretty much everything about it!

While your factory has even more plain walls than mine, you have done a far better job to make them look good. The use of little windows and arches works well, as do the tan coloured bricks and tiles breaking up the white here and there. The roof colours complement the whole structure very well, and the greens from the palmtree and the Sapoys hats (great minifig use!) give a good contrast. The plankway and river give a great "frame" to the scene, while also adding some nice details (loving the floating plants).

The factories inside is equally impressing. You have done a great job showing the process of destilling - and what can go wrong - while making it look not overly complicated. The whole inside is properly busy, and breaks up into a couple of smaller scenes, which is very well done.

Outside again I like the two focal scenes with the wagon, as well as the presentation of the key - good story elements!

An overall really impressive build, with a great many things to discover and a nice story to go with it. I love it!

Whooo! Nice one! As Ayrlego said, its place by the pier is really fitting and the whole style screams colonialism all over! Also I can't decide which part I like the most. The interior or the exterior!!! Great job!

Beautifully done with lots of good details, inside and out. I love that color scheme and the position by the pier looks great. And the minifigs look really good too, especially considering that it's a rendering.

I live in the so-called "Moonshine Capital of the World" (look it up) and the remains of an '80s-era still can be found within walking distance of my house. A few illegal stills probably still operate, but legal micro-breweries are the latest rage. You've captured the basic look really well.

Keep it up.

@Professor Thaum The factory still isn't showing up in the accounts thread, but I assume the account gurus will look at that when they have time. In the meantime I have paid the incentive and licence (475DB).

Nice diorama Professor! I like all the details you've included in the distillery, and the pier is very well built too. I just hope captain Tondeuse à gazon Tondoz y Gazon could solve promptly the "light problem".:pir-laugh:

Great build !

You're getting better in LDD. I really like the distillery machinery you've built !

And the naming of this captain is funny ! :laugh_hard: Tondoz y Gazon ! Great, it makes me think of the Iberic names in Asterix !

Great job !

Absolutely top-notch!

It has that vibrant colonial atmosphere.

What I like most is the steelwork in your build. I love how realistic it looks :)