Sign in to follow this  
Elostirion

Londa, capital of Mardier

24424400338_cf865fe486_b.jpg
Welcome to Londa, the capital of Mardier.

38263636732_2b94c38bb3_z.jpg
The Townguard keeps order intact.

24424400668_2a72844309_z.jpg
A statue of Ardmond Basker, the greatest Mardierian Explorer of all time, who discovered Terraversa in 511 AE.

Some more impressions:

24424397658_b60b7216f0_z.jpg

24424397078_c24180df3e_z.jpg

24424401138_f99b999bbd_z.jpg

38295419831_7f9d946946_z.jpg

This one really does not need much story. I just felt that when we designed Jameis' guide we needed some more pictures of how the NPC
nations look like. That's why I started MOCing for Mardier. And here you go. Thanks a lot to everyone in the NPC nation development group
or your fantastic feedback during the construction phase.

Edited by Elostirion

Wow... that is impressive! Love that cobblestone technique, and the buildings look great, especially the big white one. Good selection of minifigs and everything looks really smooth and tidy. Good work.:thumbup:

That street... such lovely sand blue... :drool:  Great job.  The square red roof looks really good!  Nice to see NPC factions getting some love too! :thumbup: 

Now that's impressive! The three building are very well built, especially the white main building, the pebble cobble street is great too.

Nice minifigs collection, on the second photo, the lady with pink shirt looks angry, is she going to throw the pie on the guards' face?:head_back:

Loving that cobblestone street, Elos! :wub:  I never would have thought that'd work so well - but I suppose it helps that I don't have even one 1x1 tile in that color, so it never even occurred to me :grin:  Those buildings and the figs are very nice too - and that statue :thumbup:  Great to see Mardier getting some love!  I did not just say that :laugh: :pir-grin:

Superb job, E! The buildings turned out great, each with the right amount of detail and unique character. And I like the unfinished edges to the whole scene; great presentation style. All-in-all, a fantastic look at a major NPC city. Kudos! :thumbup:

:wub: :wub: :wub: x thousands!! All these architectural details... and it is huge too!!! Great MOC once again and I really like that NPCs get some love as previously said :wink:

P.S: THAT statue...

As stated elsewhere, fantastic MOC (and huge!), great details, great architecture and fantastic minifigs. The way you built the statues into the walls of the white house is really well done and I like the red roof and atrium in the centre of the building. 

Nice to see some of the old world starting to get fleshed out a bit and this to me is perfect for how I imagine Londa.

Excellent buildings !

really great ! Too bad it's for Mardier... :tongue:

the statue is something, clearly a nice design I could borrow you in some way... :laugh:

great job ! 

On 10.11.2017 at 12:21 AM, Professor Thaum said:

That's a great town corner !

The main building is awesome !

Thank you. :-) 

On 10.11.2017 at 12:27 AM, Captain Dee said:

Wow... that is impressive! Love that cobblestone technique, and the buildings look great, especially the big white one. Good selection of minifigs and everything looks really smooth and tidy. Good work.:thumbup:

Thanks a lot - I copied that cobblestone technique from someone somewhere on flickr (not the colours, but the arrangement).

On 10.11.2017 at 2:46 AM, Kai NRG said:

That street... such lovely sand blue... :drool:  Great job.  The square red roof looks really good!  Nice to see NPC factions getting some love too! :thumbup: 

Thank you. Those sand blue 1x1 tiles were a purchase in Lego store Germany (more than a year ago by now), and I really had to use them at some point.

On 10.11.2017 at 5:20 AM, Bodi said:

Now that's impressive! The three building are very well built, especially the white main building, the pebble cobble street is great too.

Nice minifigs collection, on the second photo, the lady with pink shirt looks angry, is she going to throw the pie on the guards' face?:head_back:

Thank you and yes, she was intended to look somewhat angry, but cake-throwing-angry? I don't kow. :-) 

On 10.11.2017 at 12:43 PM, Spud The Viking said:

Spectacular build sir! Those buildings are gorgeous, getting a very roman vibe from them!

Thanks! 17th century Lisboa with some influence from Byzantine empire was the goal, so having roman vibes is perfect. :-) 

On 10.11.2017 at 2:19 PM, Garmadon said:

Loving that cobblestone street, Elos! :wub:  I never would have thought that'd work so well - but I suppose it helps that I don't have even one 1x1 tile in that color, so it never even occurred to me :grin:  Those buildings and the figs are very nice too - and that statue :thumbup:  Great to see Mardier getting some love!  I did not just say that :laugh: :pir-grin:

Thanks for all the praise, glad you like the statue. I bought those sand blue tiles in Legoland a while ago and really had to use them. :-) 

On 10.11.2017 at 4:35 PM, Capt Wolf said:

Superb job, E! The buildings turned out great, each with the right amount of detail and unique character. And I like the unfinished edges to the whole scene; great presentation style. All-in-all, a fantastic look at a major NPC city. Kudos! :thumbup:

Thank you, I like doing a superb job. :-)) 

On 11.11.2017 at 1:04 PM, blackdeathgr said:

:wub: :wub: :wub: x thousands!! All these architectural details... and it is huge too!!! Great MOC once again and I really like that NPCs get some love as previously said :wink:

P.S: THAT statue...

Thank you! And glad you love the statue, I was never 100% sure about it... :-) 

On 12.11.2017 at 9:45 AM, Ayrlego said:

As stated elsewhere, fantastic MOC (and huge!), great details, great architecture and fantastic minifigs. The way you built the statues into the walls of the white house is really well done and I like the red roof and atrium in the centre of the building. 

Nice to see some of the old world starting to get fleshed out a bit and this to me is perfect for how I imagine Londa.

Thanks so much, and happy to hear you like those minifigs. Quite an effort everytime, so really happy to hear it was worth it. :-) 

On 12.11.2017 at 12:50 PM, Faladrin said:

Excellent buildings !

really great ! Too bad it's for Mardier... :tongue:

the statue is something, clearly a nice design I could borrow you in some way... :laugh:

great job ! 

Again I am rather impressed that the statue turned out this great. Thank you! :-) 

So many fine architectural details in this ... The minifig statutettes in the wall and the little golden ones as roof embelishment 

The stone work is impressive ... The dark red works well under it 

I really enjoy the statue of the explorer ... I will use a similar technique sometime in the future.

I did laugh when I saw the couple on the balcony ... Seems there is a bearded lady in town ... Actually the princess torso works well to show a wealthy figure as the curves are subltle.   

The choice to add the stores below and the center courtyard(appearences) really makes this feel like a stately home.  All around good build ... I love the photos making it feel as if it were a full city

Excellent MOC!
So many fine details, yet still on the first sight one will be able to identify it as Lego built. The classical roofs put a fine touch to it, in my opinion.
The torsos for the guards turned out very good. What kind of paper did you use?

Edited by Wellesley