Norton74

[MOC] Barn find | Bugatti Type 35 Grand Prix

"Barn Find"

As a petrolhead I've always dreamed about finding a classic car hidden for years in an old barn or shed. And that is what is called "Barn find"
My latest build showcases two car-hunters discovering a classic Bugatti Type 35 Grand Prix in a barn. Close to the blue machine you can see the old farmer with his dog showing the treasure, even if he doesn't know its real value. And the french beauty looks really in shape.

26461833569_0cabf2141c_b.jpg

The Bugatti Type 35 was the most successful of the Bugatti racing models, the famous "pur sang". Introduced at the Grand Prix of Lyon on August 3, 1924 the Type 35 was phenomenally successful, winning over 1,000 races in its time. 
A few days ago a 1925 model has been sold for over €1.4 million at the Artcurial auction in Paris.
Thanks for stopping by.

More pics and info: flickr

This is so lovely.:classic: I've seen it on brothers brick before. It just ticks all the boxes: beautiful detailing, colour composition and layout. Brilliant MOC! :classic:

A most excellent creation, I love the details like the "warping" of the barn's boards and the tipped-over rusty gas pump. :thumbup:

By the way, from the looks of it, that Bugatti is in really good shape!

Beautiful creation! :wub: And wonderful illustration of the concept. As soon as I saw the title I just had to check it out. The barn looks fantastic, especially considering dark grey isn't commonly used that way, and all the external details like the tipped rusty pump and tools fill out the scene nicely. The Bugatti looks great at that scale (I'm a bit of a motorhead too, and seeing that model in the title :excited: was part of the appeal) but it almost looks too perfect for a barn find. I envision it all dirty and rusty, but I assume you wanted it to be a very obvious focal point, and maybe the farmer had it covered up and cleaned it for the prospective buyers anyway. Fantastic build. :thumbup:

19 hours ago, Littleworlds said:

This is so lovely.:classic: I've seen it on brothers brick before. It just ticks all the boxes: beautiful detailing, colour composition and layout. Brilliant MOC! :classic:

Thanks a lot for your kind word :classic:

19 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

A most excellent creation, I love the details like the "warping" of the barn's boards and the tipped-over rusty gas pump. :thumbup:

By the way, from the looks of it, that Bugatti is in really good shape!

Thanks you, yes the Bugatti is in good shape :wink:

17 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

Beautiful creation! :wub: And wonderful illustration of the concept. As soon as I saw the title I just had to check it out. The barn looks fantastic, especially considering dark grey isn't commonly used that way, and all the external details like the tipped rusty pump and tools fill out the scene nicely. The Bugatti looks great at that scale (I'm a bit of a motorhead too, and seeing that model in the title :excited: was part of the appeal) but it almost looks too perfect for a barn find. I envision it all dirty and rusty, but I assume you wanted it to be a very obvious focal point, and maybe the farmer had it covered up and cleaned it for the prospective buyers anyway. Fantastic build. :thumbup:

Thank you for your very clever comment and kind words, very appreciated :sweet:

15 hours ago, NewTown said:

I love it! You captured the essence of the real car.

13 hours ago, brickmasterben11 said:

Very nice! Could you post any more pictures of the car?

Thanks. At the moment I don't have decent photo of the Bugatti, when ready I'll post them :wink:

Beautiful! The reduced color selection and carefully chosen details are what give this build the perfect look. Truly inspiring!

That is really cool!! The barn is perfect - the shape, colour selection and textures all spot on and all the details (the crates, tools etc) really bring it to life. 

The car looks pretty good too (and I love the way the blue stands out in the scene) 

Excellent work!!

On 10/11/2017 at 10:13 PM, *thomas* said:

This is amazing !!! Love the rusted petrol pump with broken glass on the left.

Thanks, glad you like it @*thomas* :classic:

On 10/11/2017 at 10:43 PM, peedeejay said:

Beautiful! The reduced color selection and carefully chosen details are what give this build the perfect look. Truly inspiring!

Many thanks and thanks for stopping by @peedeejay :)

On 12/11/2017 at 1:23 PM, Man with a hat said:

That's a beautiful barn. Nice details all aorund. I like that broken and rusted gas pump.

Thank U @Man with a hat

On 12/11/2017 at 11:21 PM, greg3 said:

That is really cool!! The barn is perfect - the shape, colour selection and textures all spot on and all the details (the crates, tools etc) really bring it to life. 

The car looks pretty good too (and I love the way the blue stands out in the scene) 

Excellent work!!

Thanks for your very kind remark, very appreciated @greg3 :classic:

This is brilliant. Perfect diorama! And the classic Bugatti shape is instantly recognizable.

Who wouldn't dream of finding some long forgotten treasure in a long forgotten corner of an old building?

Edited by RogerSmith

21 hours ago, RogerSmith said:

This is brilliant. Perfect diorama! And the classic Bugatti shape is instantly recognizable.

Who wouldn't dream of finding some long forgotten treasure in a long forgotten corner of an old building?

Thanks @RogerSmith glad you like the diorama and yes I dream about it :wink: