MatthewRC

[Petition] Keep LDD supported and up-to-date

I like the passion, but the business decision was made almost 2 years ago now, so that means there's even less of a chance that they'd change their mind since I'm sure the resources have been deployed elsewhere for at least a year.  I'd move to one of the other digital Lego building programs if what's available in LDD is no longer meeting your needs.

4 hours ago, supertruper1988 said:

How exactly is this going to help anything? This is on a non LEGO website and there is nothing saying that LEGO will even look or care about this. 

Okay, the LDD website's URL is http://ldd.lego.com, so this is on the official LEGO website after all. And hopefully LEGO will eventually revisit LDD one day.

Edited by MatthewRC

1 hour ago, Iloveazure said:

32 supporters so far (including me). Not a bad start.

Awesome, although I read from LEGO Fan Groups on Facebook that LEGO Digital Designer is still being privately supported. Even Animal Logic is currently using LDD to create films in The LEGO Movie franchise!

Blast from the past, here I come! I signed, even if I've been out of the loop for a few years.

Thank you very much, everybody! You guys could also share my petition on social media, such as Facebook and Twitter.

On 9-11-2017 at 7:13 PM, deraven said:

I like the passion, but the business decision was made almost 2 years ago now, so that means there's even less of a chance that they'd change their mind since I'm sure the resources have been deployed elsewhere for at least a year.  I'd move to one of the other digital Lego building programs if what's available in LDD is no longer meeting your needs.

Has there been an official statement about LDD?

I think it's weird LEGO doesn't update and improve LDD, as it could encourage people buying more LEGO parts to build their digital creations!

Thank you!

Let's hope they are working on a new designer program (" We have decided to pursue other digital experiences.").

Hi there, I just thought I’d reply to your most recent post, but anyways is there any way I could get the ldd files for your city section because they are absolutely amazing and I would love you add that to my collection! I wouldn’t mind paying for the instructions either. My email is Jakembhd@gmail.con 

Thanks,

Jacob Barry 

On 16. 12. 2017 at 2:56 PM, Wesley D said:

Thank you!

Let's hope they are working on a new designer program (" We have decided to pursue other digital experiences.").

I have little bit of insight and I can approve they WERE working on new tool but they stopped it. I expect we will not get any new official tool in next two years. At least it looks like TLG keeps on updating parts library in LDD.

3 hours ago, Tomik said:

I have little bit of insight and I can approve they WERE working on new tool but they stopped it. I expect we will not get any new official tool in next two years. At least it looks like TLG keeps on updating parts library in LDD.

Really? What tool were The LEGO Group originally working on?

On 1. 5. 2018 at 1:34 PM, MatthewRC said:

Really? What tool were The LEGO Group originally working on?

They cooperated with Autodesk to get LEGO bricks into Fusion 360.