Sign in to follow this  
Darnok

[COR] Potatoes for the people

"Sheesh, Joe! I told you to cut off all those pesky cacti days ago. This is a plantation for potatoes, not cactus!"

3Gl4zqG.jpg

"Sorry boss, but they are growing faster than I can kill them. At least they only grow outside of the actual fields, and I try my best to keep them off as much as possible."

"Sheesh, Joe! Do or do not, there is no "try" - or so I've heard. Now get this one out. We are lucky to have so many small fields among those cacti and all the rocks around, you better care good for the potatoes. Now keep your mouth shut, we have important guests coming, I can already see them..."

It is Lady Mesabi, approaching the plantation on one of the few un-eaten, not-drunk horses still around, guarded by two of the infamous WTC Marines:

BIiwsO0.jpg

She jumps off her horse, starting the conversation with a series of insults, then going on: "So you are Mordo I guess? You requested a meeting, but why for the love of the gods among potatoes? Is this supposed to be some kind of bad joke? And if not: what the §&#% do we need potatoes for?"

Nro48wv.jpg

"My dear Lady Mesabi, you are as charming as the stories tell. This is indeed a potatoe plantation, and I assure you this is no joke at all. This settlement is growing fast, attracting new workers and businesses every week. Don't you think they appreciate some food other than watery bricksoup? Potatoes may not be a delicacy, but you can eat them in so many variants. You should also not forget that it is a great starting point for alcohol - all we would need is a destillery. And if all else fails: you could smuggle whatever you want in potatoe sacks, well hidden below something nobody would want to steal. Do I have your attention now?"

rNm8iqG.jpg

"Ho-hum, that doesn't sound that bad. Indeed, you might be on to something here. Have you not also set up some plantations on the other side of town?"

"Aye, those are mine, Stevia and Agave to be precise. I'm sure you have heard those rumours about a sweetest fruit? We try to find out which one it is by testing them both. Results are still not in, but in can be only a matter of days now.

Having said that, I have more plans for the future. Plans I can not execute without help. The WTC is the only partner available here, so I wonder what it takes to get us work together?"

"Not so fast there. No matter how great your plans are, such matters are not to be discussed on a field of potatoes, and not near underlings. How about a meeting in the "Blue Dragon"? If you can handle their drinks, that is..."

"My dear Lady Mesabi, you have no idea. Meeting there we will, but for now: free beer for everybody?"

"Aye!"

RKGtKkw.jpg

========================================================================================

A medium sized potatoe plantation, to be licensed in Mesabi Landing. Nothing spectacular really. I used almost all of my parts of those green plants and all my "cactus grass" pieces. Note how the unkillable cacti are at most two pieces high inside of the plantation - while they will not go away, at least they are kept short. I would have lovd to add more, but what you see is all I have.

More pictures behind the spoiler tag:

Spoiler

aU1TwXv.jpg

zssHNzO.jpg

s19tHRW.jpg

dkXLvoF.jpg

cpZHpPH.jpg

I want to build on the "potatoe business" idea in the next month, most likely with a small destillery and some sort of potatoe themed restaurant.

The upcoming meeting between Lady Mesabi and Mordo will take place in a new tavern - but I have to build it first, so that might take some time. @Mesabi can already start to think about what he is and is not willing to accept as conditions for Mordos - i.e. mine - soon-to-be WTC membership. :pir-grin:

Unique plantation and a great story (especially in that you included outside characters very true to their known behaviors :grin: ). You have a good number of those green pieces - not perfect for depicting much of anything, but certainly tolerable - and I think you have plenty of the cacti. Add many more and I think it would be distracting. And that last pic before the spoiler is great! :pir-laugh:

Great Story @Drunknok, and a great plantation to go along with it! @Spud The Viking might be coming for you now, since you're edging out on his territory. And welcome to the WTC!

Great representation of potatoes! The story is great too!

@Mesabi, permission was granted for the use of potatoes™ (Registered Trademark of Spud the Viking)(I sound like a Greeny now :pir-grin:)

Also, psst... Spud may join the WTC in the not-so-near future

Edited by Spud The Viking

59 minutes ago, Mesabi said:

@Drunknok And welcome to the WTC!

We are not quite there yet. :wink:

15 minutes ago, Spud The Viking said:

Also, psst... Spud may join the WTC in the not-so-near future

You mean: in the distant future? :pir-look::pir_tong2:

Just now, Drunknok said:

You mean: in the distant future? :pir-look::pir_tong2:

Yeah, but English isn't my first language, I'm Scottish :pir_laugh2:

Edited by Spud The Viking