Let me introduce you to my new creation.

26473522619_efca83ff23_b.jpgPLAYING IN SPACE SINCE 1978 by Cristiano Grassi, su Flickr

Have you ever wondered how our Spacemen Heroes could travel for almost 40 years through space without getting older or bored to death?

Here’s your answer. For forty years our heroes have been playing with LEGO bricks!

I was reorganizing some minifigs when I found a spaceman that I used to play with when I was a child, having him live the most amazing adventures. And I started wondering “He’ll be 40 in a little while, what’s his secret?”

So, I imagined him, together with all his travelling companions, playing with a LEGO Space base for forty years.

Maybe it’s true that playing with LEGO bricks keeps you young.

What do you think about it? Do you find it new? Interesting? Creative?

I had never seen something like this before and it's one of the reasons I've launched the project on LEGO Ideas. Another one is to see our beloved Classic Space minifig come back, or, why not, maybe even a few themed sets could come back.

This project could act as a springboard. If you like, here's the link https://ideas.lego.com/projects/b21ccd00-a013-4509-9614-65cdab72ec82.

Let me know what you think about it.

Edited by vedosololego
Changed text to black

I saw this project on Ideas the other day, and I'll say, its quite a novel homage project for Lego Space's 40th anniversary next year! I love your cosmos backdrop and mini monorail incorporated into this diorama! :thumbup:

Good luck on your way to the 10K milestone! :sweet:

Absolutely awesome creation!

However...your image is way too big. The maximum width is 1024 pixels. Since you are using Flickr, this is easy to solve. Can you embed a smaller version (i.e. link to the 1024 version)?

I would love to frontpage this creation, but you first need to fix the image :wink: 

47 minutes ago, Jim said:

Absolutely awesome creation!

However...your image is way too big. The maximum width is 1024 pixels. Since you are using Flickr, this is easy to solve. Can you embed a smaller version (i.e. link to the 1024 version)?

I would love to frontpage this creation, but you first need to fix the image :wink: 

Thank You @Jim

Just done. Hope it works fine now.

And thank you so much for the frontpage :classic:

2 hours ago, dcc123 said:

Love it. Another vote from me, and the chaps:

IMG_9894.JPG.b3579c1150733aaf6c612b06e98ca074.JPG

Thank you @dcc123, I love those figs :blush:

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I saw this project on Ideas the other day, and I'll say, its quite a novel homage project for Lego Space's 40th anniversary next year! I love your cosmos backdrop and mini monorail incorporated into this diorama! :thumbup:

Good luck on your way to the 10K milestone! :sweet:

Thank you @Digger of Bricks for the big compliments. 

Done!

And supported. Good luck!

This is really awesome! So simple miniatures, but they look very convincing - and there is even a monorail! A brilliant and super cute scene.:classic:

This is really a nice scene.  Easily supported, and I hope you make it to 10,000.  It would really bridge various generations together as I believe that people of all ages would enjoy this scene for different reasons.  If it ever gets made, I might just find a way to incorporate my meteorite collection into it.  The microbuilds are great, and I like the imprint of the galaxy on the dish in the background.  Excellent job!

Looks like the perfect set  to add some recolored Saturn V micronauts to.:thumbup:

Edited by GeoBrick

17 hours ago, Littleworlds said:

This is really awesome! So simple miniatures, but they look very convincing - and there is even a monorail! A brilliant and super cute scene.:classic:

Thank you @Littleworlds for compliments, but if you take a closer look you’ll see that there are two monorails ?

17 hours ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

This is really a nice scene.  Easily supported, and I hope you make it to 10,000.  It would really bridge various generations together as I believe that people of all ages would enjoy this scene for different reasons.  If it ever gets made, I might just find a way to incorporate my meteorite collection into it.  The microbuilds are great, and I like the imprint of the galaxy on the dish in the background.  Excellent job!

Thank you @AFOLguy1970 for those beautiful words. It would bridge various generation together. It’s what LEGO does everyday i think. And it’s awesome, and it’s one of the reasons because I love LEGO. Excuse me if my English is not perfect, i’m doing my best.

I hope in 10000 supporters too ?

thank you 

17 hours ago, RogerSmith said:

Nice idea!

Thank you @RogerSmith

17 hours ago, sdrnet said:

Best MOC my friend! 

You have all my support!

Thank you so much @sdrnet. Big friend ?

17 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Awesome little scene! The monorail is the best part of it! Excellent  miniatures as well. :thumbup: Will support it for sure!

Thank you @Leonardo da Bricki for compliments and support 

On 9/11/2017 at 7:33 PM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

This is an amazing creation :wub: ... and front-paging this MOC was a wise decision! :thumbup:

Well done my friend!

Thank You @LEGO Train 12 Volts :sweet:

22 hours ago, CappnRob said:

Love the use of discs for planets in the background!

Thank You @CappnRob, specially the galaxy dish was on my table waiting to be organized, now it's in its place :grin:

20 hours ago, GeoBrick said:

Looks like the perfect set  to add some recolored Saturn V micronauts to.:thumbup:

Thank you @GeoBrick. I had the same idea, but I had only one in dark red. But they will be perfect.

Supported. This could be the perfect set for a 40th anniversary!

Also, would make a brilliant parts set, which would help sales also.

50 minutes ago, Grrr said:

Supported. This could be the perfect set for a 40th anniversary!

Also, would make a brilliant parts set, which would help sales also.

@Grrr thank you. I hope so much people think the same thing. I think that this set will be great for modifications too. Buying two or three you could build an incredible space base, and you will have 15 figs. Anyway, thank you for feedback 

Well, another reason while they're still young is thanks to Einstein's second relativity theory. ;)

I love classic space (hint hint: my avatar). Time to find your submission to Lego Ideas and you'll get another vote.