CBAbricks

[MOC] [LDD] Yavin IV Rebel Base

This is my MOC of the rebel base at Yavin IV based on A New Hope, Rogue One and Star Wars Rebels. I tried to make so that it could possibly be made as an actual LEGO set so it's one section out of four to keep the piece count at around 2,000 pieces and the price as low as possible at this size, and so the exterior can be exhibited and the interior can be accessed to at the same time. The set has 4 different sections, each one based on a different area of the base seen in the movies and the TV series. The first one is the hangar where the ships are fixed and get ready for battles, the second one is the war room where the rebel leaders meet and follow the state of the battles, the third one is the room where the rebel pilots were taught how to destroy the Death Star, and the fourth one is the ceremony room where the heroes of the Battle of Yavin got their medals.

I made the set on LDD and rendered it with POV-ray. I've made a list of minifigs that I think should be included with the set and I'm finishing making the illustrations for them since some of them are new so I'll post them too when they are done! Feel free to ask any questions about the moc or leave any comments or critiques about it!

e0wwj4X.pngWsO921G.pngb1SSHYc.pngJud0HG7.pnghaZLFSM.pngINyaDuW.pngIzxkgBB.pngDLuvAX8.pngNSAs5b8.pngHtTHjYQ.png

Dayum, that looks really cool. Could you post some pics of a full, four sides pyramid?

One thing I think could be improved is the very base of the structure - it looks too plain. I'd add a mix of light bluish grey plates and tiles, as well as some green and dark green pieces to give the feel of an old, mossy runway.

Everything else is very well done. It's making me want to build a Yavin IV base of my own!

1 minute ago, Terrasher said:

Dayum, that looks really cool. Could you post some pics of a full, four sides pyramid?

One thing I think could be improved is the very base of the structure - it looks too plain. I'd add a mix of light bluish grey plates and tiles, as well as some green and dark green pieces to give the feel of an old, mossy runway.

Everything else is very well done. It's making me want to build a Yavin IV base of my own!

Thanks! I'm gonna try to post a pic of the full base soon. As for the base, I thought it looked a little plain after I finished but I couldn't think of much to add other than the trees, I'll try different things and see if I like how it turns out. Thanks again for the comment!

So those pins on each side of the base are going to link together to create a bigger base? Neat set up, the build looks great! I think the green baseplate at the front needs a bit of decorating, to make it look less bland though. I suppose that would bump the piece count up a bit, i suppose.

6 hours ago, TheGeneralMoe said:

So those pins on each side of the base are going to link together to create a bigger base? Neat set up, the build looks great! I think the green baseplate at the front needs a bit of decorating, to make it look less bland though. I suppose that would bump the piece count up a bit, i suppose.

Yes, that was my idea to be able to get the whole base at a decent scale, though some of the interior would have to be changed to fit together between the different sets. About the baseplate I'll work on adding more things to it as it was also suggested before. Thanks for the comment! :wink:

UPDATE: here are the minifigs I think should go with this set. You'll notice most of the designs are my own and some pieces pictured are custom since I wanted to get creative with it :)

If you are interested I can post other Star Wars minifigs I've been working on or the decals for them! 

NtLoo0w.png

Hello, nice build and welcome to EB!

Personally, I believe the model has too many large wall pieces, but you have probably done this to keep the part count down. Maybe replace a few with the 1x2 "brick bricks" you have used for the steps around the temple and various other details. Also, the ground around the temple is concrete with trees situated around it: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/9/9d/Yavin_4_Temple.png/revision/latest?cb=20121227220518! The interior looks great, although I feel like the hangar could do with a vehicle, like the smallish X-Wing seen in other Yavin IV models. Fantastic job with the minifigures too, they look very professional!

Kind regards, Ellis.

Nice, i want this set and all the minifigs righ now! 

Great job, i miss agent Kallus with rebel officer outfit. 

aR6OC7G.png

mDk9Ht4.png

Images of the door closing system and the troop transport based on the one seen in ANH. I'm currently working on a render of the full base (4 parts attached).

Edited by CBAbricks

First of all, this looks amazing. I'm really looking forward to seeing a fully-rendered pyramid, and then realized in real bricks, if you're able to.

The only (unsolicited) suggestion I might offer is to mix in more textured bricks on the large, flat vertical surfaces... mostly to suggest weathering and decay you would typically see in an ancient structure. In renderings, the seams between bricks become exaggerated, giving the appearance of detail and variation which likely won't carry over to real-life bricks, where all those seams will flatten out into shiny, smooth walls. Sprinkling in some clusters of 1x2 profile, palisade, and/or masonry bricks might help give these surfaces a worn stone appearance.

This is so nice!! The only thing bugging me is that minifigures won’t be able to sit on those seats in the war room ?

Hi, I loved the lego, there are some instructions on how to assemble it and a parts list, I am interested in buying it through bricklink.

1 hour ago, Calock said:

Hi, I loved the lego, there are some instructions on how to assemble it and a parts list, I am interested in buying it through bricklink.

The builder hasn't been online in over two years, you might be out of luck.