Sign in to follow this  
MKJoshA

[SR - FB1 Nov] Tan Your Hide

There are many factories in Rassilon, but none quite as smelly as Frankie's Tannery.

BoBS Tan Your Hide

The process of tanning hides is a smelly one, so Frankie built his factory on the outskirts of town.

BoBS Tan Your Hide

Despite the smell, many people come to this tannery because of the high quality work put out by the factory workers.

BoBS Tan Your Hide

Why don't you stop in today for your tanning needs?

BoBS Tan Your Hide

Nicely done, MKJ, those capes work very well for tanning hides!  The ones drying on the line are probably my favorite detail, and the minifig combinations are great too! :thumbup:

Once again capes work well for tanned hides. The scene looks busy, which is an achievement in itself. The hides hanging on the line are a nice feature. My favorite part is the cone roof. :excited: It may not be the "best" technique but if you have lots of cones it works reasonably well.

Those capes do look like tanned hides.  Good job.  :classic:

5 hours ago, Spud The Viking said:

Brilliant use of the cape! I really like this build, looks too clean for the Sea Rats though :pir_tong2:

A clean factory is a safe factory.  Sea Rats are ahead of their time in terms of occupational health and worker safety.  :pir-grin:

A fantastic execution (a small crack here and there in the interior floor, but that's about all I could wish for), a nice presentation, and definitely an outstanding roof - great work, cool idea. :-) 

I think I can only repeat what others have said already: very interesting build, busy scene, good depiction of the work process. THe roof is well done, a technique I have not seen before. All around great MOC!

NIce scene. I don't recall if I have already seen a tannery here. I like the roof.

Very nice build! I like the roof, and the use of the capes as hides. I might have to steal both of those ideas. 

A very nice tannery - great idea. As mentioned the CMF capes look great as hides and I like how you have done the cut out section so you can see the interior.