CopMike

EB Xmas Raffle 2017 - Your ideal Christmas tree entry thread

Last day entry as usual...

Like most AFOLS, I imagine my perfect LEGO tree would be of rare colors! So I set about to see if I could make a tree out of my small sand green and olive green collection. It's... okay looking? The olive green against the sand green reminded me of drying out pine needles making a mess, so I made a little scene of it.

37805847005_efcdb8c3a4.jpg

Eurobricks XMas Raffle by James Warden, on Flickr

Anyway, not much, but I had fun trying to do with a limited amount of parts in running out of time. Thanks to CopMike and EB staff for the raffle as always!

Edited by TheWarden
Screwed up BBCode

Glad to see this raffle returning! It always gives me a good excuse to work on something LEGO related and take a break from graduate school.

christmas_tree_ii.png

My ideal Christmas tree is simple and elegant... I had some fun trying out some different techniques to get a decent tree shape with this one!

Thank you CopMike!

The best part is to find the perfect tree (and not to be discovered stealing it).

The most dangerous animal in the deep dark forest is the snow-snake.

IMG_7718.JPG

The ideal Christmas tree doesn't have to be very big or ornate, but has to be a beacon that brings people together in peace, no matter their differences. That's why I created a scene based on the Christmas Truce in the First World War, where Christmas inspired people to see the human in the person that made their lives a misery throughout the year. It must have been a magical moment, and looking at pictures and reading stories about it is just heart warming. Sadly, the Christmas Truce didn't last long, and in the years following 1914, more and more punishments went into effect to prevent soldiers from uniting with the enemy again during Christmas. But the spark was there,  and it might inspire all of us to maintain a Christmas Truce all year round. I wish you all peaceful holidays!

800x450.jpg

Note about the build: the black and white effect is achieved in camera: the entire build just uses LBG, DBG and black bricks. The pine tree design is 95% Ecclesiastes'.

A quick build over thanksgiving break, because all my LEGO is at home and I'm at University.

38640128266_a9d28a5cf0_z.jpg

This is a tree who has recently graduated from some kind of establishment. As you can see, this recently graduated tree is in a mostly empty house. This represents The Struggle. Also worthy to note is the gold window panes in the otherwise bland house. This represents The Objective. the hat represents The Graduation, and the floorboards represent The Floor.

Thanks for putting on another raffle! It's loads of fun!

Edited by Actor Builder

Late but not too late I hope -

Any Christmas tree is the ideal one if you find a UCS Millenium Falcon under it!

riffelraffelyroaf.jpg

Edited by Supersonic

My ideal Christmas tree is unorthodox; next to an open fire no less.

38667444112_0737cdde48_b.jpg

(This is my first year participating, so thank you CopMike for the contest and good luck to all!)

Bit of a last minute rush for me... had much grander plans but unfortunately the bits I needed haven't arrived so it's on to plan B....

My ideal Christmas tree is quite literally "out of this world"...

37987146804_1ee214f7dc_c.jpgUntitled by g.nat, on Flickr

"One small tree for a man.... one giant tree for mankind!!"

Thanks to Cop Mike for organising the raffle and Happy Christmas to you all!!

Here we go, my ideal X-Mas tree. One that you decorate together.

37988614794_3ce83e343a_c.jpg

Happy holidays, everyone! And good luck! :yoda:

The ideal Christmas tree (at least for Batman) is a Bat-Christmas-Tree!

38673892362_2209369fea_z.jpg
Batsmas Tree by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

Thanks for having this fun raffle again this year! Happy Holidays! :sweet:

I feel very artistic today! :) Thanks Mike for doing this fun thing again. Happy December here we come!

ebxmsr2017.jpg

My ideal Christmas Tree is one where friends and family gather... thanks Mike for organising this.

EBTree_01a.jpg

Thank you for hosting this event yet again! Happy Holidays! :sweet:

gAGKjqHg.jpg

My ideal Christmas Tree would be your typical tree surrounded by large presents, complete with decoration and a RC track going around it.

Thank you for keeping this traditional contest !

My ideal tree this year would be a good solid tree hosting a great pirate loot !

24834268808_60f23316ac_o.jpg

Hope for all of you to find also a good bounty under your tree when time will come.

Good luck and Merry Christmas !

Edited by Faladrin

Thanks for keeping this lovely tradition alive!

Really would have liked to build something proper, but silly real life is keeping me very busy. :cry_sad:

christmastree.png?dl=1

My favorite Christmas tree is the one in our house that my family decorates together. Thank you to CopMike for another round of a fun holiday tradition. 

38651808746_d8b2200d6a_c.jpg

Edited by SilentWolf