Sign in to follow this  
jcsum

History of Magic Museum Modular Building

I've got something interesting to share.

This is a magic museum that has a 16 x 16 stud footprint. It was deliberately made smaller than a full modular-sized building but was designed to visually fit with other official modular buildings as well as the smaller creator series buildings such as the Corner Deli and Bike Shop & Cafe. It works as a corner building or a “set-in’ building, in-between two other modular buildings.

The goal of this set is to blend two creative arts together for an enriching, entertaining and educational experience.

Fans of LEGO brick-building will be introduced to the art of magic as they embark on a journey into the colourful world of conjuring & prestidigitation in the “History of Magic Museum”.

The “History of Magic Museum” is a historically accurate magic-themed three-storey building that highlights some of the greatest illusions and magicians in the history of magic.

It is highly detailed with numerous LEGO replicas of authentic magic & illusion props used by illusionists from the past to present day.

There are more than half a dozen play features and removable brick-built illusion displays.

This is a Lego Ideas Project, so if you like it, please vote for it: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/8457f73a-9844-4e51-8161-165a2e6a11ee

2-Exterior.jpg

11-Props.jpg

Comparison-Web.jpg

4-Ground-Floor-2.jpg

5-Ground-Floor-3.jpg

6-2nd-Floor-1.jpg

7-2nd-Floor-2.jpg

8-3rd-Floor-1.jpg

14-WTC.jpg

You can watch the video preview here: History of Magic Museum Video

Edited by jcsum
Added in Video Link

Amazing. Although I don't find the exterior that exciting, the inside is brilliant. You did an excellent job with those magic/illusionist props. Those are simply brilliant!

I've got to agree with @Man with a hat - the interior details are exceptionally well done, but the exterior doesn't do it for me.
Just a thought: Seeing Lego Ideas' general attitude towards modular buildings, you might stand a better chance if you re-engineered those display pieces to small vignettes in the vein of "Women of Nasa" or "Research Institue". It's a unique subject matter I personally haven't seen done before, and might have a better chance.

Kudos also to managing to tie pretty standard Lego printed tiles into your backstory so smoothly!

Supported! I really like both interior and exterior. I love the inverted corner and the fact that it is 16 stud wide, we miss 16 wides.. And also bravo for the well reconstituted illusions, you did a fantastic job!