Hello to all LEGO fans.

Today I am presenting you the future of racing cars of 24 hours Lemans.

TESLA concept race car.

It is driven by 2 electric Buggy motors.Power suply is via freshly charged batteries. ( our future i think)

It has a concept steering mechanisem for better driving propertis. It is a concept from Tesla and Michelin group. Its called Das koncept.

The whole car inspired me to make someting like the real concept of Tesla T1.But not in the shape, only the steerin system. ( it is ugly ) So i decided to make my own version of the body shape and chassis.

Lets see some pictures of my design:

20171105_152824.jpg

20171105_152808.jpg

20171105_152832.jpg

20171105_152847.jpg

20171105_153059.jpg

20171105_153038.jpg

Some detailed interior with opening the cabin.

20171105_153014.jpg

Picture of the undercarriage. As you can see, nothing special.

It has full independent suspension on all wheels. Rear axle is direct driven from iner output of buggy motors.

Frot axle is steered via RC unit.

20171105_154738.jpg

Some dimensions:

lenght: 62 studs,  width: 28 studs,  height:14 studs.

weight is 1380 grams.

Speed: I did not measure it, But for this weight and size its wery wery fast.

After the shooting for the video, i was playing with this litle race monster abouth 1 hour or something. Spectacular driving. I was again a litle child.

And the video.

I hope you like it.

Best regards, Valter

Really good looking! I like that shaping of cabin with axles.

Steering also interesting, but don't know if it would be better than traditional.

50 minutes ago, Boulderer said:

I really like the look of this concept.  The steering looks interesting.  Does it use a turntable? 

No turntable. I post a picture for bether understanding. 

22 minutes ago, Myers Lego Technic said:

In the future I would suggest you restrain from using brand logos in your videos, but nice work! 

????? 

5 minutes ago, Jurss said:

Really good looking! I like that shaping of cabin with axles.

Steering also interesting, but don't know if it would be better than traditional.

IMO no no no. It is horible. Maybe i wil try with diferentials. The cars speed slows down a litle bit when turning. I think the diferential must be integrated. In this case was weight, speed and looks on first place. No room for difs.

really cool looking car. Another good use for buggy motors that are awesome. Love the speed you can get with them. The design is good and color scheme great!!

3 hours ago, 9 fingers said:

????? 

Tesla. You used the Tesla Logo. I doubt you'll have a problem with them but there has been cases where YTers will use a brand logo then get a nasty email from said brand.  

3 hours ago, 9 fingers said:

IMO no no no. It is horible. Maybe i wil try with diferentials. The cars speed slows down a litle bit when turning. I think the diferential must be integrated. In this case was weight, speed and looks on first place. No room for difs.

I quess you coupled the 2 motors by one axle...? Just seperate this connection... use 1 motor for each wheel, and here you go... you will have your differential-effect ;)

BTW... i guess, its the Tesla T1 wich you rebuildet.. right?

tesla-t1-concept.jpg

Edited by TechnicSummse

9 hours ago, TechnicSummse said:

I quess you coupled the 2 motors by one axle...? Just seperate this connection... use 1 motor for each wheel, and here you go... you will have your differential-effect ;)

BTW... i guess, its the Tesla T1 wich you rebuildet.. right?

tesla-t1-concept.jpg

Thats the right TESLA T1. This was my inspiration.

3 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

Awesome!!!!!:laugh:

Please make instructions, this would be cool to build!

I dont make instructions. But i can make pictures of disasembling. I think it is totaly easy to reproduce it. 

6 hours ago, 9 fingers said:

Thats the right TESLA T1. This was my inspiration.

I dont make instructions. But i can make pictures of disasembling. I think it is totaly easy to reproduce it. 

Awesome!  Thanks.  I am sure if you post on rebrickable with parts list other people would be interested as well!

I really like this MOC. The lines flow so well, your version of the Tesla car is better than the original IMO and obviously great speed. The wheels add a different style than I've seen before and I like it!

Very good model, the front wheel guards are very good but I don't like the steering. I think it should be more traditional steering. Reminds me of a formula E car.

H

I really like this MOC. Your version of the Tesla car is better than the original IMO. It has more strong and sharp edges. Also the axles are great realized.