Captain Genaro

[OL FB] Lavalette Microbuilds

Just a couple of microbuilds that will be licensed using some of Oleon's awards from Chapter V (yes, it's hard to get things licensed with our bureaucracy). These mark my first attempts at building in microscale, and comments and criticisms are most welcome.

1) Lavalette Glass Factory

With the rapid growth of the colonies, traditional artisan glass blowers simply were unable to keep up with demand. To address this shortfall in supplies, some decided it was time to go large-scale and devote entire factories to the production of glass. Capable of producing both sheet glass and blown glass, the factory is a constant hive of activity. Its location along the river makes it easy to ship the vast quantities of bulky sand needed to keep the facility operating at full capacity. 

24364021508_87de89082e_z.jpgEB Microbuilds by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

2) Temple of Tyche

Profit before piety is how most in Oleon view Veleanders, but this is an unfortunate misnomer. True, Vele isn't known for worshiping the three major deities, but to suggest that they are no better than a greedy green is simply unfair. After all, each Veleander knows that their commercial success wouldn't be possible without the blessings of Tyche, the goddess of fortune and luck. And given the prevalence of Veleanders in the RNTC, it shouldn't come as a surprise that the company's stronghold is home to the largest temple to Tyche in all of New Terra. Though some may look at the gold-plated statues and marble exterior as extravagant and wasteful, Veleanders know that a small payment to honor Tyche is sure to reap dividends in the future. 

24364018968_9bb6960cda_z.jpgEB Microbuilds by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

Very Nice! I like the temple especially, the windows made with the turntable pieces is always a nice touch. My only criticism is that the glass factory's ground could use a little more texture.

Two very nice microbuilds. Those are your first attempts? Excellent start!

The glass factory looks very realistic. I like the snotted ground, and especially that the river is a bit lower - great effect! The piles of raw materials in front of the factory are also nicely done. What is the "gap" at the right side of the main building meant to be?

The temple is also nicely done. The ornaments on the tower do a good job of adding details. Are those golden microfigs supposed to be statues? If yes, I would try to connect them with the temple, as right now they look like gold-plated civilians.

These are both really nice microbuilds. I like the walls on both buildings, as well as the factory doors, and the pile of sand. Great job on a first microbuild! Way better than I would do!

These micros are pretty good for first attempts. Both have nice details for their size. The descriptions are good too. Keep it up.

First attempt, eh? They certainly don't look like first attempts! And the stories really add even more flavor - great job! :wub:

I had speculated a bit that you'd do a memorial of our beloved mayor Henri Hollande as cultural property... I must say I'm a bit disappointed and largely relieved at the same time that you didn't :grin:

And huzzah for turning Lavalette into a Large Town!

Very nice microbuilds! I like both of them. In the factory build, the elevated shore, above the sea-level, is very thoughtful.

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 9:44 AM, Mesabi said:

Very Nice! I like the temple especially, the windows made with the turntable pieces is always a nice touch. My only criticism is that the glass factory's ground could use a little more texture.

Thank you. I'd agree that the grass could use something more, and I'll have to work on that in the future. 

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 9:49 AM, Drunknok said:

Two very nice microbuilds. Those are your first attempts? Excellent start!

The glass factory looks very realistic. I like the snotted ground, and especially that the river is a bit lower - great effect! The piles of raw materials in front of the factory are also nicely done. What is the "gap" at the right side of the main building meant to be?

The temple is also nicely done. The ornaments on the tower do a good job of adding details. Are those golden microfigs supposed to be statues? If yes, I would try to connect them with the temple, as right now they look like gold-plated civilians.

I'm glad you noticed the river. Yes, the golden microfigs are statues, but I think a pedestal would help avoid confusion. 

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 11:33 AM, SilentWolf said:

These are both really nice microbuilds. I like the walls on both buildings, as well as the factory doors, and the pile of sand. Great job on a first microbuild! Way better than I would do!

Thank you very much.

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 9:59 AM, Captain Dee said:

These micros are pretty good for first attempts. Both have nice details for their size. The descriptions are good too. Keep it up.

I'm glad you like the descriptions.

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 8:12 AM, Kai NRG said:

A pair of very nice micro builds! :thumbup: 

Thanks.

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 10:53 AM, Kolonialbeamter said:

First attempt, eh? They certainly don't look like first attempts! And the stories really add even more flavor - great job! :wub:

I had speculated a bit that you'd do a memorial of our beloved mayor Henri Hollande as cultural property... I must say I'm a bit disappointed and largely relieved at the same time that you didn't :grin:

And huzzah for turning Lavalette into a Large Town!

You're too kind, thank you. 

Ah, well I must admit I thought about a memorial of sorts, but then I realized these are small micro-licenses, and that simply wouldn't do. :laugh:

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 4:37 AM, Bodi said:

Very nice microbuilds! I like both of them. In the factory build, the elevated shore, above the sea-level, is very thoughtful.

Thank you very much.