Hi!

A few weeks ago I started doing some prototypes on a tracked trial vehicle. It will probably have 2 long tracks with pins in them, skid steering using 2 L or XL motors and one BB.
Goals: find a soft and smooth suspension, have a bodywork wich looks kinda like a ripsaw(not EV2), be able to climb some not really steep hills and descend them as well, float on/over the snow.
Acheived goals: find a soft and smooth suspension,
I will come back with some photos of a smaller prototype to get the idea.

Edited by Matty04

1 hour ago, Matty04 said:

I will come back with some photos of a smaller prototype to get the idea.

You have to start with them

Hi @Matty04

When making a new post, make sure to put photos/video. That way we can see what is going on and make comments.

Regarding posting pics, you can (specifically from Bricksafe) hover over the one you like, chose and click on allowed size (max 1024) and when picture is opened, right-click on it and choose copy link address. Or just copy the address yourself, and just paste here when posting. 

Like this:

800x600.jpg

23377265_639626876426220_1263677952_o.jpg23423645_639626913092883_2105036908_o.jpg

I decided to use 2 xl motors- one for each track
added 2 more springs, probably going to remove one.
this is somewhat close to the final lenght of the vehicle

Heh, you thought this was a cancelled project huh? i worked on it for some time now and it's almost done. I just need to do the last designing.
Final specs: 2xl's one big BB, 4 small hard springs per side, christie suspension, ground clearance about 7 studs with 6 studs in some places, weight about 1250 grams.

well, i do have one little problem : when steering on grippy surfaces the distance between the bases of the tracks simply gets bigger, any ideas on how to solve that?

27017072_678737002515207_355480535_o.jpg19264060_678736992515208_515881118_o.jpg

DUDE, I'm gonna try and build something like that to, i don't like it, nether do i love it, I ADORE it. it's just SO (because swearing isn't allowed ;) ) awsome.

The problem with the track is probrally dude to the slack of lego technics. you might be able to avoid it by using 2 connection points, wide from each other.

26034641478_acf48a6feb_b.jpg

Good, but the motors ruin the nice front where the are. Try putting them in the back.

Also could you try getting clearer photos please, I guarantee that will get you more comments.

On 1/26/2018 at 1:04 PM, TheNextLegoDesinger said:

DUDE, I'm gonna try and build something like that to, i don't like it, nether do i love it, I ADORE it. it's just SO (because swearing isn't allowed ;) ) awsome.

The problem with the track is probrally dude to the slack of lego technics. you might be able to avoid it by using 2 connection points, wide from each other.

thanks!

i finished it. here are some pictures

-Images removed-

i also got some pictures of the suspension working on a 2 stud and 6 stud tall. You can find them here:

https://bricksafe.com/pages/Matty04

Edited by Milan
Removed oversized images.

@Matty04

Hello Matty, please link pictures only in allowed size of 1024 max. You have posted lots of pics that are four times bigger than allowed. Thanks.