Sign in to follow this  
Lighti

[MOC MOD] BMW R Nine T custom

its been a long time since I started this project. but finally its finished.

It was inspired a lot by https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-5793/NEMOOZ/moc-lego-technic-bmw-cafe-racer/#comments

Thats why I labeled it MOC MOD.

real basis was a beautiful R Nine T custom by clutch motorcycles ( https://www.clutchmotorcycles.com/bmw-r-nine-t/

features: suspension front and rear. working single lever with shaft drive, dual cylinder "boxer like" fake engine. working 2 speed transmission.

biggest problem was a working shaft drive with suspension and single lever that is stiff enough that it doesnt bent instead of compressing the suspension.

Nine-T-BMW-CLUTCH-MOTORCYCLES-2.jpg

38212735871_db262c70ec_b.jpg

38212735691_04ae67395f_b.jpg

37501636674_1e9307524d_b.jpg

Feel free for all suggestions how to do stuff better

Edited by Lighti

So far so good, but it seems, that soemthng is missing (not minimalistic, as it should be)

I used axle with stop, but they don't come in lbg color, and I don't have grey gears ...

800x533.jpg

ah, you were the one that gave me the final solution for my rear suspension problem. I couldn't find the thread otherwise I would have mentioned you as well. thanks a lot again!

You have no clue how happy I was seeing your implementation and that it works for me as well.

Axle with stop is a good idea, I just didn't think about that one. Will see if a dbg one will fit.

Tan is no option. Thats why I used grey gears and old grey parts everywhere. I used plenty of black bushes and black pins with axle end as well just for a better overall look.

1 hour ago, Lighti said:

thanks a lot again!

Your welcome!

1 hour ago, Lighti said:

Will see if a dbg one will fit.

Was there any some time ago? I never seen any. Have to look in some rebrickable or similar.