Darnok

[COR FB] A letter, and fish

My dear brother Henry,

we have not seen for merely a few weeks, but so much has happened already.

As you know, I had chosen Arlinsport for my first steps into the New World. I arrived safely, only to find that there is not much left to explore in or around Arlinsport. Not all was bad though, since the library had to offer many things I had never read about back home. I have begun an index of the New Worlds flora, and hope to add to it regularly. By coincidence, I also met our old friend Harold, who now has a business in the Arlinsport docks. He is doing fine, even though I have the feeling that he is looking for new opportunities. So am I, and Harold gave me interesting news of an exploration and construction site on Cocovia. Which, by the way, I am currently heading to, aboard the Kingfisher. We should arrive later this week, and when my letter has reached you, another royal road should be set up already. I am looking forward to the challenges of construction, as well as the opportunity to study plants and people alike across the route between King's Harbour and Quinnsville!

I wish I could tell you of bigger tales, but my biggest "adventure" yet does not deserve that name. You see, there are a few gangplanks outside of town, which see no real use since a bigger harbour had been set up years ago. I had the idea that they would be a good site to study the local sealife, so made a day trip there. When I arrived, one of the Arlinsport citizens seemed to fish there, but struggled to get his catch on land:

K1sly5l.jpg

Yq1WbCW.jpg

It took me a moment to understand why: there was another "fisher" battling him for the very same fish!

iUSG57G.jpg

So my plans for fish studies were struck down immediately. Not only would all other fish soon flee this scene, but with all my curiosity I was not willing to swim with a shark nearby!

You see, no big adventures yet, but who knows what tomorrow will bring? I do hope things are well with you and the family back home, and will write you again soon from Cocovia.

My best wishes, Reinhard

=====================================================================================

A build I had in the works for some time now, finally finished over the weekend. Some more shots:

ino2WlQ.jpg

RBV162B.jpg

F3Ykv2L.jpg

And even more behind the spoiler tag:

Spoiler

3sfL9v1.jpg

41wg0CL.jpg

Bm7SmhW.jpg

I am quite happy with the result, even if the "water" is of course much too plain - but I lack the parts to do it more realistically. Note how the rocks above water are sharp, and sloped pieces are only used underwater: where I could, I tried to go for realism.

There are no intentions of mine to license this build. If another Corlander is interested: this could be a small artisan (fisherman) or small plantation (fishing place). Decide for yourself.

Ohhh, that´s awesome. I never get enough of underwater scenes. Good presentation, revealing the hidden world bit by bit. A few transparent slopes against the rocks could have looked good, but overall a great build. I am a fan of using revealed studs for effect, rather than slick it all up. And you succeded with that effect. :thumbup: Your story is also intriguing, and providing links to previous builds, makes it easy to follow. Lokking forward to Reinhards future adventures.

You don´t have to licence in the same month it is built. You can always licence later, but nice of you to offer it. I think it fits as a plantation, especially since the artisan category covers so many other things.

I am liking the method you are using for your storytelling. The letter home is a great idea that hasn't been utilized much in BOBS. The dock definitely gives off the sense that it hasn't been used in a while. I'm very impressed with those of you who make a suspended water so you can see underneath. One of these days, I need to learn to do that. Great fish posing and also npu with the gray rock with fish stickers. 

I'm sure Arlinsport would be willing to license the property if you are certain you are offering it up. 

The whole build is very clever in design, but the undersea life deserves the most praise I think.  It was obviously well thought out and executed.

The first person story-line ("I, Rheinhard"?) is a literary device I always enjoy.  I went back to catch up and look forward to Wolffson's continued narrative.

Lovely sea scene!

The lobster coming out of its hiding place is my favourite part.

Having the shark eat the caught fish is an excellent idea :laugh:

Absolutely fantastic build @Drunknok. The water turned out very, very well. I especially like the detailing of the water as well.

I really love this build, like Sir Stig said I also can't get enough underwater scenes and this one is very nicely executed! Probably my favourite of your builds yet! Great work!

Nice underwater scene! I, too tried to do an over/under scene a long time ago but yours is way better than mine! Of course trans clear bricks do help :wink: