So I wasn't sure where to put this, but this is a thread to talk about lego board games: your board game MOCs, whether lego will ever make any more, your collection, reviews,  anything! 

My favourite lego board game is Lego Champion (it's got so many little sub-themes! ) or Pirate Code (I like the skill and well, pirates. ) 

I remember once hearing someone's theory on why Lego stopped the highly successful Lego Games.

It had to do with the fact that HASBRO is the board game king, and how maybe they didn't like Lego "infringing" on their (HASBRO'S) stomping ground by releasing Lego Games. The result? Kre-O.

Whether Lego took a financial impact from HASBRO'S release of Kre-O I'm not sure. However, I personally don't think Lego is ever going to bring back Lego Games.

I thought it was that they were just not that successful. I don't think I ever paid more than 50% retail for them, and I have most of them. Including Batman, LOTR, SW Hoth, down to the in-house themes such as Kokoriko, Shave a Sheep and Banana Balance.

They probably sold well at first and then ran their course as people lost interest. Some of those games were good parts pack at 50% off especially if it had a 32x32 baseplate.  :classic:

You can always make your own games.

31121825742_9e1f493f8e_c.jpgRedcoats vs Bluecoats Chess by dr_spock_888, on Flickr

Yeah, and the 32x32 size ones have handy sized boxes for parts storage too. At one point, it was cheaper to buy Ramses Pyramid than it was to buy just a 32x32 tan baseplate. I bought a car boot load of them.