Thanks for another good write up. Glad to see you're still enjoying our cars, and of course finding a few areas for us to improve. These have already been taken care of as we're ordering more books this week for a restock.

Couple notes - We're still trying to get our next two cars out this year, but if we can't, they should be ready in January. We are planning a dual release, which will include a 60' bulkhead flatcar (from yours truly) and a 50' boxcar of western origin, designed by Cale. We would have liked to have these out much sooner, but we hit some serious dead-ends in our research with both cars and had to design that 2-8-0 for Brickmania. The 2-8-0 steam locomotive you mentioned is a USATC S160, and is going to be produced exclusively by Brickmania (not Brickarms :) ) as a full kit. It will be available from them on Friday, December 21st. BMR also tested it's own locomotive (also planned to be released as a kit) which we will formally reveal in January with more information.

Just wanted to share with y'all another load I recently put together for the BMR flat car:

47430220541_cdfbe686c9_z.jpgTurtle Creek Central Flatcar by Matt Csenge, on Flickr

I've had the aero tubes set aside for this for a while, though I've mostly seen corrugated pipe loads on bulkhead flats or gondolas. Perhaps they're being shipped to the construction site for some kind of Hyper-circuit thing ;-) 

I'm curious what the boxcar weighs. I just built a boxcar that's 10.8 ounces and wonder how that compares. Anyone able to drop one on a scale for me?

Thanks!

Edited by sed6
cnat spele

On 4/3/2019 at 3:42 AM, sed6 said:

I'm curious what the boxcar weighs. I just built a boxcar that's 10.8 ounces and wonder how that compares. Anyone able to drop one on a scale for me?

Thanks!

I'll check one of mine tonight - might as well as it's prepped for an exhibition on Friday!