Sign in to follow this  
TechnicSummse

[HELP] 60° degres stepper

I know i found a 60 degres stepper a few month agao,  in some vidoes i saw on yt.

Now i could really need it, but i dont find it again :(

Does anyone have a link to a working 60 degres stepper, wich can be controlled manual or by servo?

6 minutes ago, mocbuild101 said:

Is it this one? - is the only one that I could find that might be adjusted for 60 degree steps...

Hmm, downgearing is also a nice idea :D

Like this i could use every 90° stepper... just gear it down 1:1,5 and i have 60° steps...

That is a nice stepper, but I don't understand how the gearswitching works. As far as I see the switchingknobs have 4 positions instead of the usual 3. So how do they engage the driving rings?

44 minutes ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

That is a nice stepper, but I don't understand how the gearswitching works. As far as I see the switchingknobs have 4 positions instead of the usual 3. So how do they engage the driving rings?

@Didumos69 @Zero (Zblj)

I would also be interested, in how they engage. Are the positions like: 

siwtched left; middle position left; middle position right; switched right? Can the driving rings run 100% freely in the "middle" positions?

18 hours ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

17 hours ago, TechnicSummse said:

@Didumos69 @Zero (Zblj)

I would also be interested, in how they engage. Are the positions like: 

siwtched left; middle position left; middle position right; switched right? Can the driving rings run 100% freely in the "middle" positions?

You can read from the video how the stepper works, but I don't know how the 60-degree steps are translated into gear shifts either. I remember asking when @Zero (Zblj) posted about this,.but that was just before his break from LEGO.

Edited by Didumos69

21 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

but I don't know how the 60-degree steps are translated into gear shifts

Look at the video at ~0.40, you can see how the pulley wheels move the gear shifters alternately via the liftarms.

Edited by mocbuild101

49 minutes ago, mocbuild101 said:

Look at the video at ~0.40, you can see how the pulley wheels move the gear shifters alternately via the liftarms.

Yes, but the catches iterate through 4 positions each, which is unusual. I think @TechnicSummse is right with his assumption they have two middle positions.

23 hours ago, TechnicSummse said:

I suppose they run freely in the middle two positions, otherwise they would obstruct the engaged gear. The video also shows there is always exactly one catch in extreme left or extreme right position. Also, it seems that the inclination of the catches in extreme position is not much; the driving rings won't insert the clutch gears very deep. This has probably been done to make sure the middle positions don't make the driving ring engage.

Edited by Didumos69

Oh, I see what you meant now... The old type of driving ring actually has 5 positions, so if the middle position is skipped, then yes, they would have 4 positions.

10 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

I suppose they run freely in the middle two positions

They can just, if they are held close to the centre position - if they are left loose, they will engage the clutch gears just slightly, though they will still run if any torque is applied.