ter.jpg

After the Civil War had lasted more than twenty years within Mardier, the island of Terraversa has finally gained its
independence in March 617 AE. It is said that their leader Miro Oldis, formerly Mardierian Viceroy of Terraversa,
has led the troops to victory himself, when they chased the Death Guard of King Alphonse XIII of Mardier into the
sea, and officially, finally and irreversible declared their independence.
Today the young nation has to establish itself: Structures are required for government, military, administration but
also things like an education system of their own, which they have never had. This is no easy task for Miro Oldis,
who is hasting from council meetings to official speeches to diplomatic correspondence. Will he stand up to the
task of forming Terraversa into a lasting and powerful nation?

Miro Oldis, Archduke of Terraversa

38114018766_61708096f9.jpg 38138095782_0f8a2e79f9.jpg

The lengthy war of independence between Terraversa and Mardier has created many militias and small troops, often
under the command of one nobleman or another, or even a self-elected leader. Almost every soldier has been decorated
with medals of honour from someone, and wears his self-created epaulettes and other enblembs with pride (which may
often lead to odd-looking uniforms for militias). Many Atwi have fought alongside the Halosian Terraversans, and formed
squads of their own. For now the feeling of unison still holds strong within the young nation, but establishing a real military
organisation, with uniforms, ranks and common strategies will be one of the key tasks the government will have to tackle.

Prima Compañía, the first official Terraversan miltary unit

37448896384_ab19a195bd_c.jpg

Terraversan Militia Units

24306519468_0b5a8bb115_c.jpg

a noble bannerman, a townguard of Westface, an explorer, a musketman

Sailors of the Terraversan Naval Forces

37448896554_1fe8ca7ce9_c.jpg

a captain, a navigator, a common marine, a mercenary sailor from a privateer

Warriors of the Atwi Tribe

38126891142_c518d78993_c.jpg

a militia-guardsman of Pamu, a tribal archer, a musketman from a militia-squad, a member of the crew of L'Olius 

Those emerged from our NPC development group (see Jameis Fastrider's Guide). I though I'd dedicate them a topif of their own which I could just link in the Terraversa text over there.

Edited by Elostirion

As I commented in the NPC development PM, these are some great minifigs.

The yellow and blue makes for some interesting combos. The use of the Arabian Warrior CMF torso back-to-front and with a fleshie head is interesting however the marksmen has to be my favourite.

I have wondered about the batman belt before, but in brown and for more modern soldiers - I'm undecided about it here though - that yellow is just so bright!

Great job, Terraversa is looking good to repel any Mardierian attempt to reclaim their wayward colony!

3 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Terraversa is looking good to repel any Mardierian attempt to reclaim their wayward colony!

I have my doubts the Great Old Empire will be impressed by freshly tailored uniforms or Batman belts alone. Terraversa better get the real Batman!

Now, that could be some army building inspiration :grin:

Neat to see some other factions getting some love!  Really like the design for the Prima Compania.  The black and yellow musketman is also really cool!

I find it rather awkward how the explorer is wearing yellow gloves (?) though... makes it too easy not to notice her face is tan... which, considering the rest of her outfit...

This is one nation that fleshies work very well for. Otherwise, they all wash out in yellow. I like the way you have portrayed different groups and ranks and even did some figures that are not custom. I do like the native warriors and their blend of colonial and native elements. Keep up the great work. :) 

A good rendition in fleshies indeed !

Don't forget I've made an official soccer team for Terraversa during the Soccer cup minichallenge, and so, it's a good aspect of some terraversan folks in yellow faces :

36815125132_f6ffbfd8af_z.jpg