Jim

[TC12] Technic Wacky Wheels Contest - Results Topic

Congratulations to all entries, and to the winners. It was a good contest that saw many interesting, original, different builds. In that sense, it is like the battlebots contest, that was a bit similar. I do notice that there is exactly one entry having 0 points. What's most interesting though is that it is the 25th and last entry. The only entry that landed on the second page in the entry topic. In this particular case where there were exactly 25 entries, I think this may have played a role in the vote.

Also, why was there staff voting here? Was there are particular reason in this contest to have staff vote? Is this something that will return on future competitions? (No critique, I'm just wondering).

As a last thing, I suggest making the results topic sticky. It took me a small while before I saw it, and I only noticed after the vote topic was closed without much notice.

52 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

Also, why was there staff voting here? Was there are particular reason in this contest to have staff vote?

In order to not steer too much away from the results, I suggest you take a look at Contest Information Topic, at this post HERE.

52 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

Is this something that will return on future competitions?

Yes.

Congrats to all winners and contestants! Well deserved winners. 

Many thanks to the eurobricks team for organising these contests, no doubt there is a ton of your time involved. 

I'll be entering any more if I can for sure. And thanks to LEGO of course for stumping up very nice prizes!

Also thank you to all who voted some points to the Carniveil :thumbup:

5 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

What's most interesting though is that it is the 25th and last entry. The only entry that landed on the second page in the entry topic... I think this may have played a role in the vote.

I agree, it's very easy to miss the page changing buttons...

But then again, it might be due to most of the builder's wackiness draining into his original idea! :laugh:

Edited by mocbuild101

Ditto to what has already been said.  Congratulations to All!

Much better contest than I initially thought it would be.  Some really terrific entries. 

Congrats to all!  esp Leonard... looking forward to building your creation - it looks like a lot of fun to drive around!

agreed with a lot of the other comments - very good competition.. this was my first one, and was extremely happy to get in the top 10!

Now I can finally pull this monster apart... not sure if I'll ever use 188 cylinder blocks ever again! 

On 4-11-2017 at 6:10 PM, Jim said:

Both these entries are incredible builds. There's no denying that. But a tad too "conventional" for this contest.

I reckon, if Unrollable had used very small tires in front and very big tires (Claas, Tumbler, Unimog) at the rear, it would have been less conventional and way more wacky. He might have made it into the Top-3.

Well, I had to use, what I have. And I have only these tires, nothing else, especially nothing larger. Perhaps, I should have added the hamster wheel idea for the front tires to make the car more wacky. Unfortunately the hamsters were too fat, and could not stand on the edge of the rim, so I dropped the idea. Probably that was a mistake.

Anyway, I'm happy with my 5th place, and congratulation to the winners.

2 hours ago, kodlovag said:

Well, I had to use, what I have.

You did very well with limited parts. 

2 hours ago, kodlovag said:

Perhaps, I should have added the hamster wheel idea for the front tires to make the car more wacky. Unfortunately the hamsters were too fat, and could not stand on the edge of the rim, so I dropped the idea. Probably that was a mistake.

Anyway, I'm happy with my 5th place, and congratulation to the winners.

That might have helped. Well, as long as you had fun...who cares :sweet: :thumbup:

9 hours ago, RohanBeckett said:

Congrats to all!  esp Leonard... looking forward to building your creation - it looks like a lot of fun to drive around!

Thanks! And have fun building the "Highflyer". If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. I will keep my Highflyer in one peace except the electric parts - as I need them for some Mini-MOCs :wink:

Regards

Leonard Goldstein