On the same street as the Allcock Trading Offices and Temple of Poseidon stands a new tailor's shop. Run by two enterprising young women, the shop makes and repairs quality clothes for the citizens of the settlement.

38119765962_0874dffb48_c.jpg

38096049346_99b6987909_c.jpg

Will be licensed as a small artisan. This is the third of my 20x20 modules intended to be joined together for a large street scene. Hopefully I'll start putting together the scene after the next couple of builds.

This is a great build with a nice color scheme and great attention to details. Once again I like your street technique, and the minifigure posing. The clothing racks and work table are also well done and reflect what one would expect to see. Due to the era it could use a sewing manequin (?) or whatever they called the form they sewed over. The brick bricks are used well here with the half-timbered house. If I may trouble you for a closeup of the half timbered section on the right side of the building I would appreciate it. I am curious how you got the cross beam placed there.

Edited by SilentWolf

2 hours ago, Elostirion said:

Another true beauty from you. I am really looking forward to the complete street.

What he said. Beautiful build all around.

Does the first level have an interior?

Thanks Silent Wolf,

4 hours ago, SilentWolf said:

If I may trouble you for a closeup of the half timbered section on the right side of the building I would appreciate it. I am curious how you got the cross beam placed there.

26381985249_eae1a5c80b_z.jpg

The cross beam is kind of just wedged into place, it fits almost perfectly diagonally across there.

2 hours ago, Elostirion said:

Another true beauty from you. I am really looking forward to the complete street.

Thanks Elos!

Just now, Drunknok said:

What he said. Beautiful build all around.

Does the first level have an interior?

Thanks Drunknok, no interior on the first level. I only have medium green in 1x2 bricks, so the interior is a little messy....

Also @Bregir asked about by photo setup on Flickr, so I thought I'd post this here in case anyone else is interested.

24306232538_58b568e380_z.jpg

It's a 90cm x 90cm light box from ebay - cost about AUD$90 and was very definitely worth every cent - although it does limit the size of the builds a bit - you'll notice the quality of the photos of my bigger builds degrades a lot.... :(

Fantastic build as always sir!  I love the things already pointed out but the small details are also superb - I love the lady's umbrella and the bars on the roof! If this is to be a street I take it the builds will be detached? So many good looking sides I can't imagine you'd want to hide. 

Wow, a very nice building. I like the alternance of bricks, and the technique you used for the windows on the first floor, the roof is also nicely done.

That was a well executed half timbered wall, and first floor brick facade with columns is great as well.  You have a good eye for colour.  My favourite part though is the clothing rack; that is a clever solution.

Edited by Kwatchi

Beautiful tailor/seamstress shop. :wub: Those colors look great together and the wooden elements are creative. The completed street is going to be fantastic. And of course I always fall for ladies in nice dresses. :grin:

I failed to comment on most of your builds over the last few months, so I'll just collectively say "great work!" here. *oh2* And I've also been wondering about your photo setup, so it's cool to see that too.

I think 20x20 is a great size for these buildings - similar to official sets, big enough for good build details, but not huge and ungainly. Keep it up. :thumbup:

21 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

24306232538_58b568e380_z.jpg

It's a 90cm x 90cm light box from ebay - cost about AUD$90 and was very definitely worth every cent - although it does limit the size of the builds a bit - you'll notice the quality of the photos of my bigger builds degrades a lot.... :(

It looks like you could get anything up to 48x48 size in there and still angle it how you want, or fit a 64x64 inside without those options. Correct?

I think you might have pushed me over the edge concerning lightboxes.

22 hours ago, Spud The Viking said:

Fantastic build as always sir!  I love the things already pointed out but the small details are also superb - I love the lady's umbrella and the bars on the roof! If this is to be a street I take it the builds will be detached? So many good looking sides I can't imagine you'd want to hide. 

Thanks Spud. The buildings were all supposed to be attached, but I keep making overhangs which means that they will have to be detached at this stage...

13 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Yog !! I like the roof, and the wooden crossed walls

the minifig torso and the two ladies on the first floor are great two !

Thanks Prof

9 hours ago, Bodi said:

Wow, a very nice building. I like the alternance of bricks, and the technique you used for the windows on the first floor, the roof is also nicely done.

Thank you Bodi

6 hours ago, Kwatchi said:

That was a well executed half timbered wall, and first floor brick facade with columns is great as well.  You have a good eye for colour.  My favourite part though is the clothing rack; that is a clever solution.

Thanks Kwatchi. I can't help but think the half timbered wall would have looked better in sand or olive green, but I couldn't help but use the medium green because of it's unusualness

5 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

Beautiful tailor/seamstress shop. :wub: Those colors look great together and the wooden elements are creative. The completed street is going to be fantastic. And of course I always fall for ladies in nice dresses. :grin:

I failed to comment on most of your builds over the last few months, so I'll just collectively say "great work!" here. *oh2* And I've also been wondering about your photo setup, so it's cool to see that too.

I think 20x20 is a great size for these buildings - similar to official sets, big enough for good build details, but not huge and ungainly. Keep it up. :thumbup:

Thanks Captain Dee. I wish I had half the dresses of your collection! It was nice to have a build that had more ladies than men for a change! I am liking the 20x20 format at the moment - it is a good manageable size and can be finished relatively fast!

1 hour ago, Drunknok said:

It looks like you could get anything up to 48x48 size in there and still angle it how you want, or fit a 64x64 inside without those options. Correct?

I think you might have pushed me over the edge concerning lightboxes.

Yeah, I don't know why more people don't invest in one. Presentation is one thing that really helps lift a build, and I understand that it can be a lot of money to spend on a light box, but if you are constantly taking photos of Lego that costs a whole lot more, then I believe it is a good investment!

I have got a 64x48 inside before (just) I don't think I've tried a 64x64 but it would be tricky and your angles would be limited.

Another splendid colonial modular from you - great style, and the green works quite well with the other colors :wub:

I really like the style you're giving Jameston - very Corrish/Corlander-ish... what's the correct term?

And that light box was definitely worth the investment :thumbup:

Very nice build! It's good to see Jamestown being built up. I think you could have gone for a factory, but that might be gaming the system a little. I really like the texturing and the upper floor windows. And, nice interior. :wub:

Great tailors shop Ayrlego, I especially like the roof and the interior!  Looking forward to seeing this project starting to come together!

Lots to like here, and I'm not sure how I failed to comment earlier! The brick/stone first level with the timbered, overhanging second level is nicely done. The use of those bright green bricks is a nice change of pace (do I have the color right?). I also like the torso/skirt combo on the main shop owner. Different style roof than we've seen on many builds as well. All in all another great build on your part. :thumbup: