Sign in to follow this  
LegoAfol

The Westertoren - Iconic landmark in Amsterdam

59fd0f1ec26fa_DeWestertoren-compleetlaatsteversie-scaled.jpg.36680ee66ae23c1d46acc7edfd983217.jpg

This model shows the famous landmark in Amsterdam, Holland : The Westertoren

It's part of the so called Westerkerk (church). Completed in 1637.

It's build out of 11815 bricks and stand tall 2.02 mtr. ( 6.6 Foot ) 

39958.jpg

This picture shows the original tower in Amsterdam

39962.jpg

Overall height: 2.02 mtr. ( 6.6 Foot ) Made out of 6 levels (sections) with on top the crown

39965.jpg

2nd and 3rd Level, originally made out of bricks

39966.jpg

4th Level, originally made out of sandstone, showing the year of completion in Roman figures: 1637 and the coat of Amsterdam with the three crosses

39967.jpg

5th Level, originally made out of wood, covered with lead with the carrillon and the clock 

39971.jpg

Showing the 6th Level, originally made out of wood, plated with lead.

39972.jpg

The Imperial Crown, a gift from the German emperor Maximilian I to the City of Amsterdam, in 1489 

Edited by LegoAfol
Added design

A very beautiful and huge model -  thats one heck of a lot of 1x2 profile bricks! :tongue: 

Though I cannot tell how you attached those gray tiles to the two windows on each side?

Very nice! So many details! The result is huge! If you would only rebuild the historic part of Amsterdam I would think you would need the whole isle ;)

Great model! I enjoy seeing when MOCs use the brick brick part really well. Your model brought back sooo many memories for me, when I visited Amsterdam. The hotel was only a few blocks away which meant that the bells woke me up at night. 

There is one problem with thisone, if you want to build it, it would drain all youre money out of youre pocket. That being sayd, i am not from Amsterdam ( from Utrecht ) but i like it just as mutch as the Domtoren. 

Great eye for detail, and build to look like the real one. And the Dutch people who have seen the tower in real life, ( i am one of them ) konw thats it is a great copy of the real tower. If you have instructions, then this is one of those moc's out there who are hard to resist in the sence to build it. Love it, it is a masterpiece..