Legochaek

Your worst lego injuries?

As a young teenager, I made a giant firecracker and lit it off inside a lego rectangular creation I had made.  I tried to run away, but didn't get far enough and had a nice piece of lego scrapnel stuck in the back of my leg.  Pulled it out with a little blood but no medical treatment.  I think that was the last time I "played" with any legos for almost 30 years.  

I don't recall anything major, but nail polish is usually a causality while playing with Lego, espeaically when I'm taking pieces apart.

It was a 2x2 round plate, light grey..........from a Model Team set, it was just resting in between my lips/mouth, waiting for the step in the instructions, when I happened to inhale, and Wham, straight to the back of my throat, I could not breathe, literally choking, luckily my partner was in an starting whacking me back and dislodged it, and it came back up!

That was my Lego injury, the throat was grazed for weeks afterwards!

Not so much painful as permanent. When I was younger, I would use my teeth to separate some stuck Lego pieces. Doing this scratched some of the enamel from my front teeth. 30+ years later and that enamel is still missing.

I have a scar that is about 1 cm - 1,5 cm long at the side of my thumb.

When pressing on a brick the brick slipped and I got another one deep in my flesh.

I seem to find separating bricks nowadays to be a pain, even with one of my trusty separators. apart from that, scraping myself accidentally on an old blue crate I used for lego. I need to get rid of that stupid thing >:C

This past summer I was sorting all my Lego. There was a lot of sitting on the floor with legs stretched out between piles of Lego, bending and reaching.

When I was all done, I was cleaning up. I leaned down to pick up an empty zip lock baggie from my couch, and my lower back just gave out completely. I fell onto the floor -- luckily not onto any Legos -- and could not get up.

I crawled into the bedroom where my wife was sleeping. I could not pull myself up onto the bed. I had to sleep on the floor. The next morning my wife had to help me just to stand up in the bathroom. I had to call in sick to work because I literally could not stand up on my own. After two weeks all was well again but man, it's hard to believe I threw my back out picking up an empty zip lock bag. I had been regularly deadlifting 300 pounds without injury too. Life doesn't make sense.

Edited by danth

I once build this lighthouse MOC. Had it sitting on a chair and forgot about it. Yada yada yada, next thing I know I'm at the proctologist's office telling him what happened: "it was a million to one shot, doc, million to one!"

Edited by BlockLogo

19 hours ago, danth said:

This past summer I was sorting all my Lego. There was a lot of sitting on the floor with legs stretched out between piles of Lego, bending and reaching.

When I was all done, I was cleaning up. I leaned down to pick up an empty zip lock baggie from my couch, and my lower back just gave out completely. I fell onto the floor -- luckily not onto any Legos -- and could not get up.

I crawled into the bedroom where my wife was sleeping. I could not pull myself up onto the bed. I had to sleep on the floor. The next morning my wife had to help me just to stand up in the bathroom. I had to call in sick to work because I literally could not stand up on my own. After two weeks all was well again but man, it's hard to believe I threw my back out picking up an empty zip lock bag. I had been regularly deadlifting 300 pounds without injury too. Life doesn't make sense.

:distressed: My goodness! Glad your all better.

BTW, congrats on becoming a Knight! :classic: