Bart

[SR-FB] (LDD) Counterfeiting tax stamps,

tumblr_oytamtmecx1v3ybdko1_1280.png

tumblr_oytamtmecx1v3ybdko2_1280.png

Larsk was trained as a scribe as a kid, who soon found he had a talent of faking handwriting, tax stamps and signatures.He traveled to Bastion as a young man, and now moved on to Tortuga.
Sometimes he works out of his home in town forging letters and documents, but most of the time he comes on to ships, usually of sea rats, to paint stamps.
But now he found himself on a Oleon merchant, painting over Corrington stamps on liquor barrels to make Eslandonian stamps, while the Captain is bribing an Eslandonian official.
The bosun is making sure the official thought the bribe to be sufficient. He'd better hurry up and keep his mouth shut, the bosun was looking far to eager to make his knife to use.

Can I register Larsk as a small artisan in Tortuga?
if so is this question on the webform "Is this build able to be licensed as a land-based property?" a yes or a no?

I felt the need to produce something to celebrate my brief revival in Bobs, and the sudden departure again :O, (of to work, so back on pause) It's just an afternoon build in LDD but I tried to create a scene, in LDD it becomes very static fast in my experience. posing props and figs is hard on the computer. but the unlimited supply of bricks is an bonus.

Bart

I can’t answer your licensing question but I can say I enjoyed your story idea.  Nice work given the short time frame!

I love the build and the story. I really like your partial ship interiors. :thumbup:

However, to license a property, the build must represent something that remains in one location. A boat that remains permanently at anchor could be licensed as a property, but not a ship like this. Sorry.

thanks!

I was expecting something along those lines about the license, no worries, it was a try. 

6 hours ago, Bart said:

thanks!

I was expecting something along those lines about the license, no worries, it was a try. 

Bart, we talked about this in Leadership, and since the ship won't be licensed, we're ok with licensing Larsk as an artisan. I didn't get an answer on how to fill out the form, though. @Phred, any advice?

He already had posted a notice about it in the Tortuga colony thread, so the solution may be as simple as treating it as a land-based property there and "locking it in place".

Just now, Kwatchi said:

He already had posted a notice about it in the Tortuga colony thread, so the solution may be as simple as treating it as a land-based property there and "locking it in place".

Cool. Go for it!

Cool, thanks a lot!

Yeah maybe I was a bit ahead by posting the notice there, i'll fill out the webform. 

Bart

4 hours ago, Kwatchi said:

:thumbup:  We'e had other vessel oriented properties.

A very nice build, I really like the level of detail!

I'd like to ask how you got those torsos into LDD, in my experience there are only very few basic ones in the vanilla version?

Uh select them?

I build in the digital designer extended mode. LDD version 4.3 maybe you need to do something in the script to unlock it, I recall something like that. But that was for old versions. 

Thanks on the detail part, I try to do as much as possible to counter balance the fact it's digital.

Bart

4 hours ago, Bart said:

I build in the digital designer extended mode.

When I'm using extended mode I can only access torsos by colour, so an entirerly red one for example, and not with any decoration