This Elven Village for the LEGO Elves was designed months before I watched the Netflix's Elves series, therefore the cottages don't resemble the real Elvendale. What I had in mind was a MOC to use all the amazing (and bright) colors which were introduced in the Elves and Friends themes. I reused the background from my previous Elves MOC, the Dragon Mountain, but added more detail to the rocks. The land was extended to 96 x 96 studs. I enjoyed building the landscape as there was no limit in making it realistic. This Elven Village was displayed at 19th Kocke Fest (Slovenian LUG exhibition) in October 2017.

This is what the village from air looks like -  a bridsdragon eye. I added more rocks to the mountain (I actually ran out of slopes when building the Dragon Mountain). This MOC came to life mostly because of the bright colored cottages, and from this perspective it looks very colorful. I planned more buildings in other colours as well, but it felt crowded as it is.

38044285206_87c32d0815_c.jpg

The first house I built was the pink one. As I wanted colorful houses with different floor plan, I decided to use rocks as the focal point of the ''Elven architecture'' as fireplace. This way, the houses have at least one similarity.

26320572689_ebc8393ac4_c.jpg

The landscaping was my favourite part. TLG released many interesting parts which could be used as plants or plant parts, and I tried to use them to create a more vibrant and exotic flora.

38097008171_6c9e07359c_c.jpg

Also, the flowers' colors follow the aura of the cottage's resident. Around the bright light yellow house I used all the different flower molds I had at home, from the classic flower to 1x1 round plates and special ''Friends'' flowers. I only wish TLG would make those in other colors, too.

38097005801_89220278f5_c.jpg

Another challenge was to use some of the odd parts in my collection. For example, I built the bright light yellow cottage on a modified brick 8x16, I used the dark azure eggs, reddish brown horns. I've been sorting my collection intensively in the last months, and I was able to see just how many odd parts I have that were never used in a MOC. So here's another reason why sorting can be helpful.  

38044253716_32af235bf2_c.jpg

38096998171_6066d4a9d7_c.jpg

24244693358_8ec40fe3a6_c.jpg

As always, more (and larger) pictures can be found on my Flickr.

I adore the Elves and Friends lines for the colorful variety they bring to LEGO, and this really shows what you can do with it!

So many colours, it is greatly pretty! It is great that the builds are based around odd parts, that is one of my favourite things to do when I want to MOC. I bet this went down well on display. Thanks for sharing it :sweet:

Elves is my favourite active theme for years! I mostly fell in love with the theme because of the new bright colors- it worked as some kind of magnet on me. :laugh: Always welcome an Elves MOC! Beautiful work, you have done here! Congrats! :classic:

Just lovely. The happy vegetation, the cute buildings - great stuff! :classic: I would maybe add some pink to the background, towards the rocks, to balance the composition.:classic:

Thanks for the nice comments, everyone.

On 2. 11. 2017 at 11:54 PM, Peppermint_M said:

I bet this went down well on display.

It did, specially comments from girls (of all age) were very positive.

10 hours ago, Littleworlds said:

I would maybe add some pink to the background, towards the rocks, to balance the composition.:classic:

I agree that would be nice. But in the end, when the cottages were in place, it was too hard to get my big hands around the small niches to fill with more plants.

Lovely village and lush surroundings. It gives me nostalgic feelings, like in an rpg, where adventure is just around the corner.

This is beautiful. For me the pink one is a little too pink and I think would look better if more purple with pink accents. The others blend into their surroundings better. Although you could put it in the middle of a pink blossom forest.

What a lush, beautiful village. I like the foliage on the roofs and that each home has a unique colour scheme. Great build.

Thanks for the comments, everyone. It's always nice to read feedback, good or bad.

I agree there's no scenes set up, which makes it boring to you. My aim was to build a display for an exhibition with no specific idea set by the organizers. Based on my previous experience, Friends and Elves' displays were rare, and as I decided to build something with Elves, I had two things in mind. One, as stated before, using all the bright colors for buildings and foliage. Second, I find it very hard to use these Elves/Friends minidolls in different poses or with utensils etc. Their lack of flexible legs and wrists makes it look unrealistic. That, and the fact that I wanted to try a bit more elaborate landscaping, made this display. As I said, it depends on what you want. If it helps, my son got a chance to play a bit with it, and he was positioning the minidolls in different places, and had fun.

15 hours ago, Lordofdragonss said:

Looks good in terms of buidls, but lack of scenes make it...borring.

Initially, I wanted at least two houses in pink/purple/lavender hues, but than there was not enough space once the ground was set up. Also, I wanted more pink trees around, but I had a limited space, so I couldn't extend it last minute.

On 8. 11. 2017 at 11:46 AM, MAB said:

For me the pink one is a little too pink and I think would look better if more purple with pink accents. The others blend into their surroundings better. Although you could put it in the middle of a pink blossom forest.