Shadow_brick

Lego ucs falcon 10179 modifications

So when I heard that the LEGO Group is coming out with a new falcon, I was thinking that I would spend $600 max... So when i heard it was $800 I was like,NOPE!

so I went to my friend who bought a couple 10179 back in the day, and asked him if he would sell me one. He sold it to me very cheap.

so when I built it, I didn’t like it that much but it was ok...

so I decided to mod it to look like the new one, but be cheaper.

so enjoy my poor quality photos I took with a iPhone:)

736C6206-EFD4-4A8D-8331-BF07399B1028

Top view.

E6D949DE-97B1-4AF7-93A8-AE6B67C1DECE

The new rounded turret.

1EE26DF5-A55D-4DE9-B90D-0CB40B64AE9E

and of course, a interior.

D3153C08-F46C-439B-B57A-492D0D8A11AB

room #1.

AEADB988-61DE-4490-B37A-9E30657CB85D

room #2

F8352038-8B22-414F-AD73-AA61B848BED4CAC8E44F-08B1-4416-8FF9-8AE3A6A496E4

room #3 with swap able dish

F28472FE-0A36-45D1-B161-E46670DDA45A08690C29-0E40-4277-8C89-642EF4F9EAA1

Room 4 with engineering room and kitchen.

And that’s pretty much it! Hope you enjoyed, and feedback is appreciated.

Lepin is a chinese copy brand of LEGO. They copy LEGO sets, produce them and sell them for cheap. Your friend seems to have sold you one of Lepin's Millenium Falcons. While the mods are great, your friend sold you "fake LEGO".

1 hour ago, Terrasher said:

Lepin is a chinese copy brand of LEGO. They copy LEGO sets, produce them and sell them for cheap. Your friend seems to have sold you one of Lepin's Millenium Falcons. While the mods are great, your friend sold you "fake LEGO".

You do realize that this is my best friend for 27 years.

this is an Lego set, NOT “lepin”.

i hate lepin period. I will never buy it, and your accusing me of buying it? Back off!

1 hour ago, DoomedACE said:

Besides the fake lego thing - I like it very much - how much did you invest in parts to "modernize" it?

$33.47 USD

8 hours ago, jamie75 said:

He ripped you off. You got a Lepin set. 

Nice mods, but.............

And I said cheap, not $76 dollars! I spent $400 on a real Lego set.

Edited by Shadow_brick

Just take a look at most of the bricks of your model. There are no LEGO logos on them as in legit LEGO sets, also there is the LEPIN- typical deepening in one of the studs of each brick. I am really sorry to tell you that you have a LEPIN UCS MF.

I'm not an expert on this so: how could one see the diffrence between official LEGO parts and other brands?

To me this UCS falcon looks great but then again, on some bricks it says "LEGO" and other bricks there is nothing marked..?

Just now, SergeantP said:

There are no LEGO logos on them as in legit LEGO sets, also there is the LEPIN- typical deepening in one of the studs of each brick.

You see?

Are you tollay sure? I checked your flickr pictures and there are many non- LEGO parts besides the wedges. I don't mean to upset you...

Well my order was 

1x3

3x6

4x4 

2x4

and the round brick for the vents on the back 

And a couple 2x3 plates

I’m pretty sure that’s it.

sorry if I offended anyone, I was just posting a mod, not trying to start a Lego vs lepin war.

49 minutes ago, Shadow_brick said:

You do realize that this is my best friend for 27 years.

this is an Lego set, NOT “lepin”.

i hate lepin period. I will never buy it, and your accusing me of buying it? Back off!

Hey man, just saying, some of your pieces are Lepin - they're ripoff. People are going to point that out when you are in a LEGO forum, alright? Seems like accidentally purchasing Lepin bricks may become a bigger problem since they're hard to identify unless seen from real close.

Ok, just to make it clear... It sounds more like the modded parts are real Lego, but that falcon is 100% definitely lepin. All your pictures show the same giveaway.

Every single authentic Lego stud has the Lego logo  raised on them. Every single lepin solid stud has a plain flat surface with the injection mould as a clear indent.

The technic is more of a problem to tell, but I'm pretty sure side by side comparison will show a tell tale sign somehow. 

Easily visible on your photos is the  majority of the set is lepin.

We not mad at you or trying to call you out etc... Definitely nice job on the mods :thumbup:

The issue is that your friend either knowingly or unknowingly ripped you off and sold you a lepin set as real Lego. We want you to be aware you were ripped off so you can deal with it accordingly, that's all. 

Edited by Fuppylodders

3 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

Ok, just to make it clear... It sounds more like the modded parts are real Lego, but that falcon is 100% definitely lepin. All your pictures show the same giveaway.

Every single authentic Lego stud has the Lego logo  raised on them. Every single lepin solid stud has a plain flat surface with the injection mould as a clear indent.

The technic is more of a problem to tell, but I'm pretty sure side by side comparison will show a tell tale sign somehow. 

Easily visible on your photos is the  majority of the set is lepin.

We not mad at you or trying to call you out etc... Definitely nice job on the mods :thumbup:

The issue is that your friend either knowingly or unknowingly ripped you off and sold you a lepin set as real Lego. We want you to be aware you were ripped off so you can deal with it accordingly, that's all. 

Hmm.

ok thanks. I guess I over reacted a bit, but after a full examination, it is indeed lepin/lele. So I’m going to have a very long talk with my buddy.....

Sorry if I caused any trouble.

Im sorry but for someone who ive noticed state they hate Lepin a few times, to be sold a Lepin set by a 'friend' and not notice?......am i being harsh or does that seem a bit daft? :laugh: Either way enjoy the set and the mods are nice :thumbup:

12 minutes ago, All in the Reflexes said:

Im sorry but for someone who ive noticed state they hate Lepin a few times, to be sold a Lepin set by a 'friend' and not notice?......am i being harsh or does that seem a bit daft? :laugh: Either way enjoy the set and the mods are nice :thumbup:

Wouldn't the instructions have had 'STAR WNRS' on the instructions too?

Just now, Captain Britain said:

Wouldn't the instructions have had 'STAR WNRS' on the instructions too?

No it was normal Lego instructions. It was in a big bag when I bought it, not a box that said “STAR WNRS”

1 hour ago, Shadow_brick said:

No it was normal Lego instructions. It was in a big bag when I bought it, not a box that said “STAR WNRS”

In a big bag? Like, all the pieces came in just a big bag? You didn't purchase the Falcon with the box?

From all the pics of people buying Lepin online, I've always seen everything come in one big brown generic box and a big bag inside - no LEGO box, that I recall.

When talking to your friend, you might use the knowledge that the Lepin fake MF can be tracked down for as low as $100. Typical price according to quitc google search is about $150. Fingers crossed for you so you resolve the issue in peace and hopefully get your money back.

Some of your mods are rather nice!