Fill 'er up!
My latest build is a jump into the glory days of gas stations, when full service and free oil changes were the rule and the local station was a gathering place for neighbors. My brick-built gas station is inspired to the Shell one located in Tucson (Arizona) and it’s packed with every details you’d expect to find. It showcases an elegant Art Déco architecture completed with curved corners, a tower in the middle, a red outline all around the station and the inevitable Shell writing on top.

37581534652_f2f08c69f7_b.jpg

37565097216_87e9ff059a_b.jpg

The build is three in one: the diner on the left, the garage/workshop on the right and the fully-equipped store located in the middle of the building.
A look at the back of the station reveals the three locations with many details and the different characters.

37565090776_4907bc93a7_b.jpg

37581484652_fba0739133_b.jpg

37565075826_970ab9268c_b.jpg

36943226403_51ef413a7e_b.jpg

Outside there are two period gas pump with a beautiful Lego shell on top under a curved canopy. All around you can find tanks, signs, tyres and other stuff.

36943277873_f123346afb_b.jpg

To complete the work I've built a red stepside pick-up truck, a tan Hot Rod and a reddish-brown roadster with some troubles (it's housed in the garage indeed).

36943214653_e175324580_b.jpg

It was on my wishlist long since and finally I've found the time to built it as I had in my mind.

I'm sorry for posting my gas station here with a little delay :blush:

Thanks for stopping by.

More pics and info: flickr

Gas stations are usually not this pretty. It's beautiful. The colors and the shape works perfectly for the station's building. There's so many nice details, I like the interior of the diner, and the outside decorations. The 'Shell' stickers are a nice touch, and bring back memories of the old sets. Nice work and thanks for sharing.

An absolutely brilliant set, congratulations! You have so perfectly captured the essence of a bygone era when gas stations were the embodyment of the brave new motorist's world. (Except at the backyard, where all the trash went, a funny detail, thanks for adding it.) I particularly like the diner sign with the flashy 50's-style neons and the clever way you used the transparent archway to create a curved window. Very nice work with a ton of attention to details, keep building more of these, thanks for sharing!

On 2/11/2017 at 10:53 PM, Gongoro73 said:

Amazing.

Thank you @Gongoro73!

On 3/11/2017 at 12:10 AM, peedeejay said:

Fantastic! Great shaping, wonderful color and part selection and lovely details. A true masterpiece!

Thanks for your kind words @peedeejay, very appreciated :)

On 3/11/2017 at 1:42 AM, NewTown said:

This is awesome!

Thanks @NewTown :classic:

On 3/11/2017 at 1:43 AM, BlockLogo said:

So awesome!

@BlockLogo:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

On 3/11/2017 at 9:58 AM, Dutchiedoughnut said:

Gasps. Very beautiful! I love the 1950's feeling it conveys and all of the little details. Could you now please fix my Ford roadster?

Yes of course @Dutchiedoughnut! Your Ford will be back :wink:in shape in a few hours 

On 3/11/2017 at 9:40 PM, Chilis said:

Absolutely stunning, love every aspect of it! :thumbup:

Thanks a lot @Chilis!

On 3/11/2017 at 9:50 PM, sdrnet said:

Super Moc! My friend!

Thanks a bunch @sdrnet you're always so kind. Grazie amico :classic:

23 hours ago, Man with a hat said:

Wow, beautiful! Nice shape all around and matching interior. Amazing job!

Thank you @Man with a hat!

21 hours ago, lightningtiger said:

Again I will say it AWESOME !

Brick On !

Many thanks @lightningtiger I'm glad you like this build too ;) 

19 hours ago, Redhead1982 said:

Gas stations are usually not this pretty. It's beautiful. The colors and the shape works perfectly for the station's building. There's so many nice details, I like the interior of the diner, and the outside decorations. The 'Shell' stickers are a nice touch, and bring back memories of the old sets. Nice work and thanks for sharing.

Thanks a bunch for your remarks, I'm relaly glad you appreciate the details in this build. Thanks again @Redhead1982

19 hours ago, domela said:

An absolutely brilliant set, congratulations! You have so perfectly captured the essence of a bygone era when gas stations were the embodyment of the brave new motorist's world. (Except at the backyard, where all the trash went, a funny detail, thanks for adding it.) I particularly like the diner sign with the flashy 50's-style neons and the clever way you used the transparent archway to create a curved window. Very nice work with a ton of attention to details, keep building more of these, thanks for sharing!

You're welcome. Thanks to you too for your comment and for your words, very appreciated @domela And yes, I'll probably build other builds like that ;)

This is fantastic. Love the use of colour and detail. The "Diner" sign is excellent and I get a real sense of nostalgia from the red translucent coffee mug and cutlery brick! Just real feel good MOC

On 5/11/2017 at 3:09 PM, Dazz said:

That's a really cool build with many nice details; great car models, too.

Thanks a bunch @Dazz glad you like the Bugatti :classic:

On 7/11/2017 at 9:45 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Fantastic creation! :thumbup:

Thanks @Captain Braunsfeld :thumbup:

On 8/11/2017 at 10:46 AM, StormtrooperEll said:

This is fantastic. Love the use of colour and detail. The "Diner" sign is excellent and I get a real sense of nostalgia from the red translucent coffee mug and cutlery brick! Just real feel good MOC

Thank you @StormtrooperEll, very appreciated your clever words, Brick On my friend!

You do phenomenal automotive themed MOCs, the best. This is incredible. To comment on every amazing detail and build would crash the server so I'll summarize with; absolute perfection. Fantastic work Norton74!

Fantastic. It doesn't even look like Lego at a glance. This would be a perfect set. :excited: I won't comment on every detail, but just spending a few minutes looking everything over, the one thing that really stands out is the lovely drill press in the back of the shop. Excellent work all around. :thumbup:

A superb result, it really evokes the right mood and your attention to detail is clearly evident. I want to stop in that diner for a burger while the mechanics service my car!

17 hours ago, koalayummies said:

You do phenomenal automotive themed MOCs, the best. This is incredible. To comment on every amazing detail and build would crash the server so I'll summarize with; absolute perfection. Fantastic work Norton74!

You're very kind, I really appreciate your comment and glad you like my work. Brick on!

16 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

Fantastic. It doesn't even look like Lego at a glance. This would be a perfect set. :excited: I won't comment on every detail, but just spending a few minutes looking everything over, the one thing that really stands out is the lovely drill press in the back of the shop. Excellent work all around. :thumbup:

Many thanks Captain Dee, I'm happy you have looked at the whole diorama with attention. That drill is one of my favourite tool too :classic:

9 minutes ago, cazmockett said:

A superb result, it really evokes the right mood and your attention to detail is clearly evident. I want to stop in that diner for a burger while the mechanics service my car!

Thank you, I confirm the burgers are great and the mechanic is ace :wink: