Darnok

[COR] Staking a claim on Argentia

"Listen buddy, I'm Golden Jack, and people don't call me that for nothing. See that golden tooth of mine? It was me who found the gold on... OH FOR #$%&§ SAKE, SOMEBODY BRING ME THAT RUM! YESTERDAY!

Where did we stop? Ah yarr, my hand for finding treasures in the mountains. See, this island, how do they call it... Argentia? It is a piece of dry dirt, rock bottom of the Brick Seas, a piece of puujoo. But I came anyway, for something made my nose tingle when I said foot on land last week. Got me a horse, some equipment, and of course plenty of explosives, and off into the southern mountains it was!

Not before long I came across this small waterfall, and the rocks next to it looked suspicious from the start."

4xFGqVG.jpg

5faYy8J.jpg

"I tell you this: I had no idea what it was, but it looked like it was worth a closer inspection. By the way... WHERE IS MY RUM, DAMMIT?!

That said, I had what I needed, and I can promise you this: the explosion was heard all over Argentia!"

5Rn2VuC.jpg

"Now I only have to find out what those gems actually are. And you know what else I need to find out? WHERE MY §$%&ING RUM IS!!!"

==========================================================================================

With this build I stake a claim on the island of Argentia, near Mesabi Landing.

I know I have to pay 25DB, but to whom? And how? Solved, and done. Also: when will I get the information on what the mine contains?

As always, there are a few more pictures behind the spoiler tag:

Spoiler

xdzbHJJ.jpg

j6N8MK1.jpg

Z2n7SRH.jpg

ooae5rd.jpg

Edited by Drunknok

Nice little prospecting build @Drunknok! I like the copious amounts of TNT/Dynamite used. You license it like any build, if I remember right.

4 hours ago, Drunknok said:

I know I have to pay 25DB, but to whom? And how? Also: when will I get the information on what the mine contains?

License it as a prospecting build. By the end of the month, you will be informed of the results (you may need to remind your faction's leadership if the results are not forthcoming). 

Just now, Captain Genaro said:

License it as a prospecting build. By the end of the month, you will be informed of the results (you may need to remind your faction's leadership if the results are not forthcoming). 

That is not among the options for properties. A mine is, but this is not yet a mine. And it is not a property to be licensed either, the rules are pretty clear on that.

Just now, Drunknok said:

That is not among the options for properties. A mine is, but this is not yet a mine. And it is not a property to be licensed either, the rules are pretty clear on that.

Select mine. On the next page, it asks what type of mine. Use the first option (Prospect). 

I like the diversity in the colours of the rocks on the base. Nice build! Not sure how I feel about the use of dynamite but I can shrug it off as gunpowder :pir-wink: 

1 hour ago, Captain Genaro said:

Select mine. On the next page, it asks what type of mine. Use the first option (Prospect). 

Thanks. I have made it so.

59 minutes ago, Spud The Viking said:

I like the diversity in the colours of the rocks on the base. Nice build! Not sure how I feel about the use of dynamite but I can shrug it off as gunpowder :pir-wink: 

Thanks. The idea was to give the idea of rocky terrain (dark grey) with some different type of mineral (light grey with "shiny bits") while also giving th idea that it is still on Argentia among deserts (dark tan with "cacti"). Glad it worked out.

As for the "dynamite": I have not actually thought about it, and just checked. You are right, it is most definitely not dynamite. But mining with explosives was not uncommon in the Age Of Sail, and the "gunpowder solution" is just fine.

39 minutes ago, Professor Thaum said:

:laugh: everything's done just right...

Can't wait to see how the mine will be digged after the smooth opening... a 36 lbs gun ?

Sounds like a solid plan to me. :devil:

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 10:06 AM, Drunknok said:

"Now I only have to find out what those gems actually are

And now you know. Those gems are ... COAL.

3 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Cool, thanks.

Coal is one of the mine types that is hardly worth it in EGS terms, but makes for some excellent roleplaying and trade options. I will get the mine done ASAP.

Now... any steamengine enthusiasts out there needing some coal? :pir-grin:

7 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

So, can I like, start coal fires that consume the island? Like A coal seam fire:devil:

5 hours ago, Mesabi said:

So, can I like, start coal fires that consume the island? Like A coal seam fire:devil:

No! Bad Mesabi! :pir-angry:

We will make a good fortune with coal. There is hardly any wood on Argentia, but this coal will allow for artisans and factories to use coal instead. Once the needs of Mesabi Landing are catered for, we will start exporting coal. And who knows what else we will find deep underground?

P.S.: The tunnels in a mine are also perfect for smuggling and/or hiding things, just saying. :devil:

Just a reminder, remember that just because this prospect discovered coal, it doesn't mean coal is the only mineral resource on the island. Additional prospecting scenes may uncover different minerals....or they may not! :pir_laugh2:

Just now, Ayrlego said:

Just a reminder, remember that just because this prospect discovered coal, it doesn't mean coal is the only mineral resource on the island. Additional prospecting scenes may uncover different minerals....or they may not! :pir_laugh2:

Interesting, as this was something I wanted to ask anyway. Good to know. Worst case scenario would be a second coal mine.

Golden Jack might not be too happy with some black rocks. Bad for the reputation I guess.