Hello again, fellow Brick Seas-ians,

this build was originally intended to initiate Seigneur Roseabeau's journey to Lavalette, but due to recent MCRA developments, I decided to give it a different twist.

New Directions

Previously:
The Request

Next:
An Unpleasant Exchange

Dramatis Personae (thanks to @pombe for the idea - always wanted to try this out - keep your hilarious creations coming!):

Spoiler

38057667966_79ba251f74_o.png
38111354401_162a42cea6_o.png
24259344978_18585d7042_o.png

37402546944_4eac1b7241_c.jpg

Just as they were about to leave the arsenal in order to board a ship to Lavalette, Seigneur Roseabeau and his aide Frederick are being stopped at the arsenal's main gate by Lieutenant Berneus...

38111434181_666dc905eb_c.jpg

Monsieur le chevalier, monsieur le chevalier!

Frederick, hold please!

Monsieur le chevalier!

Lieutenant Berneus, you seem to be in quite a hurry. What is this about?

I'm afraid your voyage to Lavalette will have to wait, monsieur Roseabeau. Your expertise is needed in an urgent matter. Commodore d'Alban has just received orders directly from His Excellence, Lord Chancellor Calida - we are to set sail immediately, and meet up with the pirate Bloody Bill in order to negotiate a release of both the HRS Tonnant and the HRS Ardent and the remaining crew.

Hmm... I've heard about the rather pitiful performance of the squadron in question. We are still busy repairing all the damaged ships that made it back here. But since when is it Oleander policy to negotiate with pirates?

We do what needs to be done, don't we?

I guess so, Lieutenant, but why should a pirate surrender such remarkable vessels?

Because if he is as clever as he thinks he is, this Bloody Bill, he has long realized that his only chance to get out of this alive is to sell them. Otherwise, he'd be hunted down without mercy - no civilized nation can allow any pirate to ever grow into a serious threat. Sure, we let them dream their pathetic, romantic dream of a free and just world as long as it serves our interests. But in the end it's doubloons that shape the world, not dreams.

Hmm... true words, Lieutenant. However, I was under the impression that instead of negotiations a punitive expedition to root out that pirate scum was to take place.

Trust me when I say that the one does not exclude the other. For now, however, it is imperative we take back these ships intact. According to our orders we - or rather you - are then to investigate whether their poor performance in combat was due to any sort of foul play.

Mes Dieux! Are you saying there's a chance that there was a saboteur involved, Lieutenant?

It is way worse than that, monsieur Roseabeau. According to His Excellence it could well be that La Royale has been infiltrated by foreign agents. And I think I don't need to tell you what the consequences could be should this prove to be true.

No, you don't, Lieutenant Berneus, no you don't.

Additional pictures:

38111462011_dda9d7d3d1_c.jpg

38080127572_5d640e865b_c.jpg

About:
The gate is - as the slipway - inspired by the buildings and structures of the naval arsenal in Rochefort, France. Not much more to say about it... Anybody got any idea what to license this as?

Thanks for watching,

C&C welcome :classic:

Vive le Roi!

I guess you can license it as a monument, which could be considered as a cultural property.:thumbup:

The emblem composed of anchor, helm and crown is a nice addition, to an already impressive and flawless build.

Beautiful, very beautiful! And strong, solid. Those colours blend wonderful, just amazing. Did I say "beautiful" already? Because it is!

For licensing purposes I suggest fortification, because that's what a gatehouse essentially is, I assume? :-) 
Else I'd say this one might also be Art&Culture due to its beauty (see Brandenburg Gate in Berlin, or other famous gates around the world), or commerce (like most Eslandolan or Garvian gatehouses would be).

Edited by Elostirion

Beautiful build, as always. Very impressive!

I would suggest licensing it as "art & culture", because I see it as a monument to the glory of Oleon - clearly a work of both art and culture. The footprint seems to be roughly 20x50 by my count, so medium.

Magnificent gateway!  The Oleon symbol also looks really good!  :thumbup: 

very nice gate!

may I ask which rendering software you use? that it outlines the bricks like that. I use bluerender and it makes walls like that into a flat smooth surface.

Bart

Thanks, y'all, glad you like it :classic:

Wow, Art and Culture... hmm... wasn't expecting this, it's just an entrance gate :grin: I like the idea of a commercial license - all business passes through here after all.

This, however, puts a triumphal arch on my to-do-list. Just need a victory to celebrate. Hmm... this calls for war... any takers? :grin:

2 hours ago, Bart said:

may I ask which rendering software you use? that it outlines the bricks like that. I use bluerender and it makes walls like that into a flat smooth surface.

@Bart I'm mostly using bluerender0006 for scenes like this, but for close up scenes often version 0005 - that's the version you're using. Been browsing for the download link, and - great news - I came across a new project from the creator of blurender. BUSUFL. Java based as well, but an improvement to bluerender as it's easier to use - and it seems the days of the orange sky are over :excited:

1 minute ago, Kolonialbeamter said:

(..)

@Bart I'm mostly using bluerender0006 for scenes like this, but for close up scenes often version 0005 - that's the version you're using. Been browsing for the download link, and - great news - I came across a new project from the creator of blurender. BUSUFL. Java based as well, but an improvement to bluerender as it's easier to use - and it seems the days of the orange sky are over :excited:

thanks I'm going to try that! 
(how on earth do you know what version I have of bluerender, I didn't ...)

Just now, Bart said:

(how on earth do you know what version I have of bluerender, I didn't ...)

I drink and I know things :grin:

Well, back in the day the creator published these two versions here on EB, but since he left there were no more updates.

he left? @msx80 is still posting in the bluerender thread. 
*but I also found version 6 there, and downloaded the other one, I'm going to experiment. 

Ooops, no, my bad. I meant Bublible, who created the mod allowing for example gaps between bricks.

Time to experiment now :excited:

Ahaa that explains. Well if anybody still had the mod, they may contact me ;).

Interesting story and a beautiful archway to go with it. The white and grey colors look great and you have enough architectural detail to be interesting without over-doing it. I also like the gate and fence design. :thumbup:

On 11/3/2017 at 6:50 AM, Kolonialbeamter said:

This, however, puts a triumphal arch on my to-do-list.

At first I thought that's what this is. :grin:

hi there, i'm still alive and kicking :P Bluerender is my software, BUSUFL is from another user, Bublible, he was once on eurobrick but left for some reason. They use the same rendering engine, so the output looks similar.