Recommended Posts

Shame about the heavy haul set. I got 60052 instead but the appeal of the heavy haul has grown so much that I kind of wish I got that one instead. Here's hoping for some new train stuff in 2018 because its feels neglected almost as much as the historic and pirate themes. :pir-murder:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2017 at 5:19 AM, McLaren97 said:

There are a few tunnels like this in Sydney which are built under apartment towers. However i think as far as a Lego Creator Expert train set goes the structure will be a train station ( thats if its not like the maersk train and has no buildings at all)

images.jpg

Trains going through buildings are cool.

Trackside Lofts

 

Trackside Lofts Layout 2

 

Edited by gotoAndLego

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'Ralph, get off the tracks!' as onlookers look on in sheer horror.

Really cool MOC there. Must have taken you a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, gotoAndLego said:

Trains going through buildings are cool.

Say, maybe this is how a modular Creator Expert train station could work. :smug:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Steamdemon said:

'Ralph, get off the tracks!' as onlookers look on in sheer horror.

Really cool MOC there. Must have taken you a while.

Lol. Took a couple of months of building, ordering parts, waiting, building, ordering parts, waiting, etc.

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Say, maybe this is how a modular Creator Expert train station could work. :smug:

One problem is that the opening would be sized for Lego play trains but not n3cessarily the wider MOCs.

Edited by gotoAndLego

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it would be a good idea to have the modular station also be a 3-in-1 as a freight depot and engine shed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, M_slug357 said:

I think it would be a good idea to have the modular station also be a 3-in-1 as a freight depot and engine shed?

Oh! Now you are talking! That would be a really cool idea! It would really increase it's play value and for folks like us, we would be inclined to get at least three of them. I'll vote for this idea!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ALCO said:

Oh! Now you are talking! That would be a really cool idea! It would really increase it's play value and for folks like us, we would be inclined to get at least three of them. I'll vote for this idea!

Thanks, it's just an idea that makes the most sense. I kind of wish that lego would go back to showcasing potential alternate builds for trains (and sets in general) but not necessarily include the instructions for them-- a challenge of sorts to build something else than what's on the front of the box.

http://peeron.com/scans/4559-1/45

http://peeron.com/scans/4565-1/46

*photo credits via peeron.com*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, M_slug357 said:

Thanks, it's just an idea that makes the most sense. I kind of wish that lego would go back to showcasing potential alternate builds for trains (and sets in general) but not necessarily include the instructions for them-- a challenge of sorts to build something else than what's on the front of the box.

http://peeron.com/scans/4559-1/45

http://peeron.com/scans/4565-1/46

*photo credits via peeron.com*

I agree but I think we are now living in a time where every penny spent can be followed. Time/money spent on building those extra alternative builds will not generate a lot of extra money for Lego. So they won't do it. But that's just my theory.

Back to 2018 trains:
I have seen a picture of a Lego City where a train was partly visible in the background, a few months ago. Rumors were that that would be maybe the next passenger train. It was light grey, Amtrak kind of design. Anyone knows what I'm talking about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AlmightyArjen said:

 

Back to 2018 trains:
I have seen a picture of a Lego City where a train was partly visible in the background, a few months ago. Rumors were that that would be maybe the next passenger train. It was light grey, Amtrak kind of design. Anyone knows what I'm talking about?

Hi. Click on the link to these instructions and scroll down to the city scene at the end and you'll see a train in the Left hand side background, partially hidden by the tall building. Think this is the one your referring too?

http://cache.lego.com/bigdownloads/buildinginstructions/6203797.pdf

Scott

Edited by scottwb2010

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scottwb2010 said:

Hi. Click on the link to these instructions and scroll down to the city scene at the end and you'll see a train in the Left hand side background, partially hidden by the tall building. Think this is the one your referring too?

http://cache.lego.com/bigdownloads/buildinginstructions/6203797.pdf

Scott

If so... the colors are just... ew. Gray on top of red on top of white doesnt look too right..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, scottwb2010 said:

Hi. Click on the link to these instructions and scroll down to the city scene at the end and you'll see a train in the Left hand side background, partially hidden by the tall building. Think this is the one your referring too?

http://cache.lego.com/bigdownloads/buildinginstructions/6203797.pdf

Scott

Yes! That's the one! It kinda looks like a grey 7938 but then in the configuration of a HE so you might need two to get a whole train.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with @legonerd54321, the suggested color scheme is very... drab. Hopefully this is just a hint that we'll be getting new train sets in 2018, and not a teaser as to what they'll actually look like!!

Would love to have a metallic silver passenger train, but will also take anything blue, yellow, or green...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2017 at 11:54 AM, AlmightyArjen said:

I agree but I think we are now living in a time where every penny spent can be followed. Time/money spent on building those extra alternative builds will not generate a lot of extra money for Lego. So they won't do it. But that's just my theory.

It's not a bad theory but I'm afraid you're wrong... They stopped doing pictures of alternative builds because too many parents were complaining that without instructions little Johnny couldn't build the model on the back of the box.

Sad, I know...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9.12.2017 at 3:10 PM, scottwb2010 said:

Hi. Click on the link to these instructions and scroll down to the city scene at the end and you'll see a train in the Left hand side background, partially hidden by the tall building. Think this is the one your referring too?

http://cache.lego.com/bigdownloads/buildinginstructions/6203797.pdf

Scott

Hmmm, I think the train in this pic looks a lot like the red city train fom years ago (from the first wave of PF trains) just recoloured so I highly doubt this is any product from the future.

Now I do think Lego wasn't very creative with the passenger trains recently, always a 3 carriage train (eh what's the correct term here?) which can't be used with any other engine.

I think it would be great to have some sort of older train, it doesn't 'have' to be modern. Maybe a long distance train with different coaches, or a night train which also offers car transport? 

I think there would be sooo many possibilities which would offer many many play features - it really is a shame Lego always offers the same and doesn't use the full potential!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 car unit seems like it is not too big or too small and in a price range affordable by many.  I guess you can blame CAF, Bombardier, Stadler, etc. for making their modern intercity passenger trains to pretty much all look alike.

 

[img}667018d776f7d455ea3fc20036ac7f20--rail-t/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over here in Britain, we have a large variety of Diesel Multiple Units and Electric Multiple Units, including the Blue Pullman. (preservation status, unknown. Someone did a really awesome recreation on the Trainz series of games. I think the front would be a challenge in lego.)

Maybe a Pendolino? Probably not the Class 390, but the Itallian Pendolino.

EDIT here's a picture of the driving car of the Blue Pullman:

Blue Pullman brochure

And I was wrong. Someone did manage to do the Blue Pullman DMU in LEGO:

Image result for Blue Pullman

Photo accredited to Carl Greatrix.

Edited by Steamdemon
Pics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Steamdemon I'm not sure those prototypes would look good if the set has to only contain 3 cars long; they're designed as 8-10 car trains.

Perhaps a class 150/156/158 would be better? They're a design/shape of train we haven't seen yet, but perhaps they're a bit dull as they're essentially a motorised carriage or two. Or even, what about a class 350/323 or 175? They've all got some nice shaping and colour schemes to go with them.

It'd be nice if LEGO could step out of the red and white colours used on the last 3 passenger trains at least; a blue/green/purple/black (delete as appropriate) train might look interesting. It could even be partially white if its other primary colour isn't red.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, no info on any new Train sets for 2018. No rumours even. At the moment I am skeptic and don't think there will be any new sets next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lego city passenger trains always has made as model of real trains, that was modern at the time of release. So based on 20+ years statistic of releases we should find a real modern train as prototype of future city train set. I made a suppose with new amtrak speed train.

But now I think it can be a new fuxin china speed train.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Capparezza said:

Well, no info on any new Train sets for 2018. No rumours even. At the moment I am skeptic and don't think there will be any new sets next year.

I have my doubts too. The international toy fair is in the end of January. We should hear some rumours just before that. If not, the trains will be definitely be displayed at the fair. So at the latest by the end of January we'll know what 2018 will bring us on this topic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I checked my dates from 2014.

15/01/2014 poor quality photos of a leaked trade catalogue.

21/01/2014 one picture from the London toy fair (photos are not allowed).

27/01/2017 lots of pictures from the German toy fair.

16/02/2014 more pictures from the American  toy fair.

15/023/2014 pictures of the trains in action at a show in Copenhagen.

24/04/2014 official LEGO pictures.

Therefore we wait until January. Nuremburg toy fair is on 31st Jan to 4th Feb. New York toy fair 17th to 20th Feb.

I remember in the days before the internet, everyday in January going to the local toy shop to look for the new LEGO catalogue then trying to study the small pictures to see all the train details.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member