ElectroDiva

2018 Lego Trains

2 hours ago, dylanfarrow said:

1000th reply. Just because :)

But you could have said:

“I like to see the train doors being used more, even if not on train sets as such. We have only had blue ones in trains but black, white (only one side, but still) and now orange ones in the last few waves of sets”

11 hours ago, Maple said:

There are none. I'm saying LEGO should make a new switch the track piece that had studs on it, or a technic pin or something.

Why? I mean the current switches have lots of studs on them already...

On 4/23/2018 at 10:20 AM, dimaks13 said:

Besides train and track sets there's at least one unknown set related to trains.

@dimaks13  Do you happen to know which set numbers may be attributed to these unknown train-related sets?

2 hours ago, icemorons said:

@dimaks13  Do you happen to know which set numbers may be attributed to these unknown train-related sets?

60200 I think. Not totally sure tho.

Instagram and reddit have a pic of a poster, not sure if it's a leaked image or not, but it shows the new green train.  It's only a drawing, and doesn't provide much more information than we already know from previously leaked images of the actual set.  But assuming it's an accurate drawing of the new green train, it shows that it will have front couplers and few other details.

Ok, I'm not sure where else this would belong, so mods, feel free to move it.

I had a look at the new rollercoaster wheels, of which we already know that they fit on 4 wide track.
The outside diameter is the same as that of Lego's smallest train wheels, but the flange is much smaller, which also makes them appear smaller:

39977798580_b294491be6_c.jpgSome experiments by ScotNick1, on Flickr

Edited by ScotNick

5 hours ago, Bartosz said:

@wooster could you link those images?

Google "instagram legoleaks".  You'll see what looks like a poster or magazine cover with a minifig on a dirt bike.  In the corner you'll see a drawing of a train, and as @dimaks13 pointed out, a photo of the train behind the dirt bike.  I never noticed the photo until it was pointed it out to me.

The train controller for the two new sets is a handheld one, similar to the current one, but looks to be primarily white. The two dials look slightly strange - like a solid 3-long liftarm has been stuck across each dial, presumably to give kids something to grip to turn it. I'm not confident there's anywhere to stick an axle into the dials, as on the current controller, although there could be.

Edited by Paperballpark
Typo

19 hours ago, Bartosz said:

Just noticed 7895 (switch tracks) is listed under "now or never" sales in my region (PL).

Because the new switching track will be set number 60238. Not sure about what's different, but they're not stopping to make them ;) 

1 hour ago, McWaffel said:

Because the new switching track will be set number 60238. Not sure about what's different, but they're not stopping to make them ;) 

I imagine it will just be a price ‘correction’ (increase) and packaging refresh, alignment with 5-digit numbering system for ease of cataloguing etc....

Does anyone know what 60199 is?  The arctic special set came after the main series in number order, so will 60199 be a station???  Does anyone know anything about Lego 60199 at all?  I'm dying to know what it is now, being the only normal set not yet released.

Also, about 'Tracks and Curves' set.  Is it straights and curves or what?

Edited by Vilhelm22

Just now, Vilhelm22 said:

Does anyone know what 60199 is?  The arctic special set came after the main series in number order, so will 60199 be a station???  Does anyone know anything about Lego 60199 at all?  I'm dying to know what it is now, being the only normal set not yet released.

There isn't anything listed for 60203 either.   But I'm thinking that 60199 would be a more likely candidate for a station, since it is directly adjacent to the two trains.   Let's hope one (or both) of them is train-related!

3 hours ago, icemorons said:

There isn't anything listed for 60203 either.   But I'm thinking that 60199 would be a more likely candidate for a station, since it is directly adjacent to the two trains.   Let's hope one (or both) of them is train-related!

Well if there is a number unaccounted for that's clustered with the other train numbers then surely it has to be either a station or another track pack or something like that.

I really hope it's a station, and after the new city capital set was unveiled out of the blue yesterday,  then I think it's very likely that we could get an announcement of a new station too.

9 hours ago, legotownlinz said:

I hope it is a re-release of the double crossing.

I would like this as well, although I did snag one the other day on eBay for 20 bucks as the person didn’t know what they had.

Here's a somewhat better look at that "monorail" seen in 41347 Heartlake City Resort, making usage of the new rollercoaster track in Light Bluish Grey:

Spoiler
Heartlake-City-Resort-box-back-41347