ElectroDiva

2018 Lego Trains

1 hour ago, Noah_PL said:

I saw "confidential" pic.

60197 (passenger train) is exactly like on video leaks. Locomotive + two cars.
60198 (cargo train) is different. Similar to British Rail Class 37.

So it's not like 7938 or 60051 with two engines?

I think is the interesting, but the lastest carriage with door had theĀ 3677 set :( :( I like the carriage with door, I must buy the door for the train on ebay. I calculated that the next lego cargo train set will have a carriage with door

Edited by ZorixPL

1 minute ago, ZorixPL said:

I think is the interesting, but the lastest carriage with door had theĀ 3677 set :( :( I like the carriage with door, I must buy the door for the train on ebay. I calculate that the next lego cargo train set will have a carriage with door

Like a caboose or a brakevan?

6 minutes ago, bobbybats said:

So it's not like 7938 or 60051 with two engines?

Ā 

Only one engine, like 10233Ā Horizon Express.

Also controller looks new. Maybe bluetooth.

Edited by Noah_PL

1 minute ago, bobbybats said:

I think they mean boxcarĀ 

Or that.

1 minute ago, Noah_PL said:

Ā 

Now hold on, something doesn't sit right here. Bluetooth? That would mean a new receiver piece.

11 minutes ago, Noah_PL said:

Ā 

Where'd you see the images?Ā 

nevertheless I think that new lego cargo train model will be intereting because we have a:

mearsk train 10219

CSX train 60052

ICE passanger train 60051, 7897

and LEGOĀ train 7939,Ā 7938, 3677, 60098 model like a european model train- model fromĀ Germany, PESA, French ??Ā 

14 minutes ago, Steamdemon said:

Now hold on, something doesn't sit right here. Bluetooth? That would mean a new receiver piece.

It's hard to say. Pictures of controller is very schematic.

Is wrtitten "+power functions" and something below. I can't read it.

23 minutes ago, Noah_PL said:

Where was this picture found??

23 minutes ago, Noah_PL said:

Bluetooth would be great considering I am going to max out on the 8 limit for the existing PF pretty soon...

40 minutes ago, Noah_PL said:

Any chance you can make out the design of the plug? Is it the same as the current power function's plug?

1 hour ago, Noah_PL said:

Yes, but it has twoĀ pantographs.

Hold on. A class 37 with pantographs? The hell? Are you sure it's not the SNCF BB22200 (google images link) we saw in some shade of green earlier? If you've come here with information, we want all of it!Ā :laugh:
I like the sound of 60198Ā coming with a set of buffers though; even if that does mean it's likely to only come with one set of points, it will be nice to finally get anĀ official design. I wonder how well it will cope with having trains rammed into it. The 'bank van' sounds like TLG's trying to link the trains to the police theme, which I'm not so sure about.

Well, overall it looks like we're finally getting the train theme rockedĀ up a bit, doesn't it? If they've gone for a PF 2.0 variant then it will all be interesting. We'll have to wait and see.
*forces self not to get over excited*

1 hour ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

Any chance you can make out the design of the plug? Is it the same as the current power function's plug?

I'm ok with a new receiver and a Bluetooth based connection scheme, so long as the battery box, connectors, and train motor all remain the same. Ā  Imagine a new receiver that you could bury inside a train and not need to expose an IR window. Ā Gone would be the issues with daylight interference. Ā  If all connections remain the same, we could retrofit existing trains to the new Bluetooth receiver merely by replacing the current IR receiver. Ā  So long as there is a robust addressing scheme and easy programming, it might be possible to have 16, 32, or more trains all controlled from one application on iPad, PC, or some Lego-supplied controller. Ā 

I'm starting to get excited about these possibilities! Ā Ā 

1 hour ago, icemorons said:

I'm ok with a new receiver and a Bluetooth based connection scheme, so long as the battery box, connectors, and train motor all remain the same. Ā  Imagine a new receiver that you could bury inside a train and not need to expose an IR window. Ā Gone would be the issues with daylight interference. Ā  If all connections remain the same, we could retrofit existing trains to the new Bluetooth receiver merely by replacing the current IR receiver. Ā  So long as there is a robust addressing scheme and easy programming, it might be possible to have 16, 32, or more trains all controlled from one application on iPad, PC, or some Lego-supplied controller. Ā 

I'm starting to get excited about these possibilities! Ā Ā 

Agreed. I don't wish for anything to be changed that would result in incompatibility.

1 hour ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

Agreed. I don't wish for anything to be changed that would result in incompatibility.

Oh please Lego, don't change the connectors!! I'm still grieving the death of 9V.......!

I really would like to see an improved PF RC system, using 2.4GHz. And using proportional controlling also for non-train elements... today, all PF RC technic models are a kind of joke. 0% or 100# and nothing between, for both steering and driving. I know that SBrick exists, but this cannot be the solution.

6 hours ago, Carrera124 said:

I really would like to see an improved PF RC system, using 2.4GHz. And using proportional controlling also for non-train elements... today, all PF RC technic models are a kind of joke. 0% or 100# and nothing between, for both steering and driving. I know that SBrick exists, but this cannot be the solution.

Maybe they will take over some product like SBricks?! You never know.

Actually, a Bluetooth controller with a Bluetooth receiver would be good...because it would probably mean a smaller design, giving locomotive builders a variety of placement...Or the next Gen batterybox has Bluetooth built in! (obviously rechargeable).

We have heard of an earlier rumor elsewhere about at least an upgrade of the current PF system. There is rumored a new RC Batmobile set to be released this summer that is said to be "app controlled", hence hinting at a possible update of at least the PF system's receiver components, that or at least utilization of Boost components elsewhere.

I'd love to have a more accurate (less lag, more speed control) power system that can be incorporated into existing trains. It'll be even better if they can use the current PF system through adapters if the connectors are different. If not it'll get $$ and I'm not sure I'd be willing to upgrade my entire existing collection. But if they add additional functions (such as sound, more lights, etc) or considerably reduce the size of components I might amend that statement.