ElectroDiva

2018 Lego Trains

1 hour ago, Toxic43 said:

Where are people seeing these leaked images? If anyone has a clue, feel free to send a PM! I'm dying to see these trains. This will be the first wave of trains released that I'll actually have been here for! I missed all the previous launches due to the dark ages!

Same here! I hope the descriptions aren't doing it justice, cause they don't sound great to me so far. 

To those who have seen them, any more details about the track-side structures in the cargo train? The guard tower description seemed weird. 

Edited by bobbybats

1 hour ago, grimrecka said:

Nice catch. When I first saw it the colours felt very familiar but I couldn't work out why. Is the the prototype you were referring too? I can easily see how it could be the inspiration for the set.

01df52324f005aaca02c34c943e583f5.jpg

An interesting thought I just had: All the previous passenger trains have been 3 "units" long, with an engine at each end that also had space passenger seating. However, this one clearly doesn't have any passenger seating in the engine unit. It's unlikely that they will mirror this engine at both ends just to have only a single passenger wagon. So I think that this set is going to be like the horizon express 10233 where you will have to buy two sets to get a "complete" train.

Definately that colour scheme, though the image I'm looking at has an interesting nose piece - it looks like some sort of snot cockpit with a bubble windscreen (part 87752).

I'd hope that this train will come with a loco and two wagons. Also, the loco appears shorter than many other trains, I'd guess it to be maybe 24 studs long - perhaps this allows for a 4-part train as opposed to the usual three?

31 minutes ago, bobbybats said:

To those who have seen them, any more details about the track-side structures in the cargo train? The guard tower description seemed weird. 

I've only seen images of the engines, nothing on the carriages, structures or add-ons other then what TheBrickShow has said. If you go to the LEGOtrains subreddit there's a post from today with the images and a link to the video.

"Leaked pictures" TheBrickShow seemed to confirm  on reddit that the ones he has are of the same models, but different pics. 

I'm getting a 7898 vibe from the cargo train.. coupled with the rumor of a crane car, it's interesting. 

Hmm, the pics of the passenger train remind me of the Eurostar regarding general shape and colour scheme :wub:

eurostar-sale-1.jpg

1 hour ago, ScotNick said:

Hmm, the pics of the passenger train remind me of the Eurostar regarding general shape and colour scheme :wub:

That it does, nice catch! 

From the pictures I've seen the passenger train looks meh! The cargo train engine on the other hand - very slick! And I like the colour scheme of it as well.

Will it be enough to make me buy either? Probably not.

Having seen the pictures of the new passenger train, my opninion about it is kinda mixed. On one hand I really, really like it that Lego finnaly is using a train color schemes which aren't  mostly red and white, or white and red. But on the other, it just feels as a redesigned version of the current passenger train. But then again, most high speed passenger trains here in Europe kinda look alike in a way. 

On a last note, I think kids will love it. 

Personally I'm looking forward to both of these. Really looking forward to a better look at the rolling stock and accessories. I hope the guesses so far are correct and we get more carriages this time around with the train. Like the HE, two carriages and one loco. Buy two for a complete train. More expensive, but IMHO a better solution for train fans. My son complains that his 60051 isn't long enough so we have ordered extra middle carriages off eBay. It'd be great if we could just buy two sets and get 4 carriages from the off.

I think the freight loco is growing on me. Although I'm more interested in the passenger train at this point. Potentially a budget 10233, with a redesigned nose piece (Clearly different from 60051's as the lights are centred and it has a taller, bubble window), which also happens to look like a Eurostar. Yes please!

57 minutes ago, Brickviller V2 said:

Having seen the pictures of the new passenger train, my opninion about it is kinda mixed. On one hand I really, really like it that Lego finnaly is using a train color schemes which aren't  mostly red and white, or white and red. But on the other, it just feels as a redesigned version of the current passenger train. But then again, most high speed passenger trains here in Europe kinda look alike in a way. 

On a last note, I think kids will love it. 

The nose of the new Passenger train (if one can believe the prelim shots) looks a lot different to the nose of the current, white one. For what it's worth, it just doesn't look like a redesign at all. But that's hard to pin down by the crappy quality of the leaks...

If rumours are true, then the Freight locomotive will be substantially different to the last 2. I like it. Possible waggons sound OK too. I am still wondering about the included crane and car, not so sure that I will like those.

And yeah, kids will love both trains, for sure :laugh:

They look more like a fan creation than actual child-play sets in my opinion, although that could make up for the pricing.

Dammit, the pictures came out whilst I was asleep!

Looking at the passenger train I instantly thought 'hideous'. Then I spotted it looked like BR colours (blue/grey, yellow end), and reading this thread dredged my memory; it clearly looks a lot like the old BR HST prototype and the current EuroStar. The cargo train looks very nice to my eyes, but is an odd colour currently. Definitely one of my favourites in terms of styling and detailing (a euro train that doesn't use the same piece 7939 and 60098 used), but seems to be a bit too similar to 7898.

However, both trains are of a distinctly European origin, which makes me wonder why LEGO would go this route. The trains also look a bit too much like MOCs to me, but if that's the direction LEGO goes to sell more trains I'm fine by it.

2 hours ago, Capparezza said:

...The nose of the new Passenger train (if one can believe the prelim shots) looks a lot different to the nose of the current, white one. For what it's worth, it just doesn't look like a redesign at all. But that's hard to pin down by the crappy quality of the leaks...

I disagree, in the way that I meant it is just another two or three piece front for a high speed passenger train, just like the last one. I was hoping more for a regional train concept, like the passenger train from 2010 with a brick build nose. Not that I'm complaining though, because I kinda like the way they handled the colors with this one. 

It seems like the leak turned into a full blown flood overnight thanks to our new members !!

So we *finally* have some actual  pictures without having to rely on BrickShowBrian's less than ideal descriptions. 

Agree with @JopieK and @ColletArrow that on first impressions these look more like MOCs than official sets but that's no bad thing if we get a bit more variety in the line - away from the recent "recolour it and put it out again" approach.

My initial reaction:

-Passenger train - the side profile looks a bit awkward at the front (not blended in very well) but I like the yellow, blue and grey colour scheme and it's a step in the right direction of if it does actually come with one loco and two carriages (easily expandable). Given the similarity to the Eurostar, I'll def be picking this up and modding it to look as close to the Eurostar as possible.

-Cargo train - well that's definitely "different" :) I like the medium green colour but not sure if I really like the design yet. I'll still be picking it up though as this will be another distinct loco to add to the freight haulage options. I'm looking forward to having another container wagon design too.

What I like about the freight train is that LEGO has never used this shape of locomotive before. Even if we go way back to the 'golden' grey era, al kinds of locomotives have been released, but this one never has.

It's a shape that was commenly seen in France, Portugal, NL and Belgium.

Has someone else realised that there are no stickers on the trains? I'm pretty sure that there will be a sticker on the passenger train to better blend the colors.

1 minute ago, Tcm0 said:

Has someone else realised that there are no stickers on the trains? I'm pretty sure that there will be a sticker on the passenger train to better blend the colors.

I hope so, because I really do not like how that train looks. It's very duplo-ish and could benefit from a brick build front.

Hi all (new member here :) )

Even the color scheme of the leaked passenger train resembles some trains in Portugal.

I also have mixed feelings about these trains, I'm impatiently waiting for the end of the month.

train.jpg

Absolutly love that cargo engine. Thats something rly different then before and a very nice style. Will definilty pick that one up. Also the passenger one seems ok-ish, will see how it turns out before deciding on that, would still need one though so might aswell get this one :)

Release will be in august, that's right? 

7 minutes ago, Tcm0 said:

Yes, the front end on the passenger loco has a very abrupt step up from the floor of the cab to the floor of the frame. The yellow just stops on a straight line. It's very jarring to the eye. On 60051 this is mitigated by a sticker with a transition and it really smooths out the transition.

The one thing we need to praise TLG for the 2018 wave of trains this time around is

No.

Flippin.

Helicopters.

Can we get an 'amen'???

((a 'hurrah' if you not religious???))