ElectroDiva

2018 Lego Trains

On 12.12.2017 at 11:08 AM, Capparezza said:

Well, no info on any new Train sets for 2018. No rumours even. At the moment I am skeptic and don't think there will be any new sets next year.

The return of a "Trains Sub Theme" for the city theme has been confirmed by Sir von Lego about 2-3 months ago. So hold your horses

17 hours ago, McWaffel said:

The return of a "Trains Sub Theme" for the city theme has been confirmed by Sir von Lego about 2-3 months ago. So hold your horses

Reminds me of the rumors about a new Castle theme, a few years ago. Everyone got excited... and what we got was Nexo Knights. :sick:

13 hours ago, 3797 said:

Reminds me of the rumors about a new Castle theme, a few years ago. Everyone got excited... and what we got was Nexo Knights. :sick:

hahahahaha, the rumors said the theme would be "new", none of them said it would be any "good"...... ((Personally, I think Nexo Knights is an interesting theme, but I do wish it had more tech/space -ness to it. It's too... terrestrial? Although I wouldn't mind an armored train, operated by either the Nexo Knights or the baddies.))

Anyways, I believe that we'll see new train sets (on shelves?) by summer 2018. The part driving my anxiety is whether or not those new sets will be at least decent.

Figure from Lego Junior set 10750 Road Repair Truck has a Lego TRAIN logo on his shirt, has anyone else noticed that? 

10750_alt8.jpg

10 hours ago, M_slug357 said:

hahahahaha, the rumors said the theme would be "new", none of them said it would be any "good"...... ((Personally, I think Nexo Knights is an interesting theme, but I do wish it had more tech/space -ness to it. It's too... terrestrial? Although I wouldn't mind an armored train, operated by either the Nexo Knights or the baddies.))

If we were to see a locomotive/railcar set from any current "big bang" themes, I would want to see either the king's carriage monorail said to be seen the Nexo Knights TV show, or the suspended monorail seen in The Lego Ninjago Movie.

55 minutes ago, Thea said:

Figure from Lego Junior set 10750 Road Repair Truck has a Lego TRAIN logo on his shirt, has anyone else noticed that? 

Is it an all new torso print?

I would really like to see a repair train with technic elements for a crane and shovel,and conventional elements for gondolas, flats, engines, small rail mounted trucks. The market should be considerable as I would see all train people wanting one, even if it just sits on a siding.

On 14-12-2017 at 10:08 PM, McWaffel said:

Even if he would know anything, LEGO has strict policies on leaking information so he would then violate LEGO terms :)

Hope there will be new train and also new station.

According to that train in background, it was also in 2016 catalogue. Was looking for it here on forum, but not as Amtrak train as here in this thread.

UpklbvX.jpg

Edited by mato
pasting smaller pic

well bleh. I was going to try and build a MOC of the amtrack train I rode, but now it crashed and killed a bunch of people and I don't think i'm feeling it anymore

8 hours ago, Goldenmasamune said:

well bleh. I was going to try and build a MOC of the amtrack train I rode, but now it crashed and killed a bunch of people and I don't think i'm feeling it anymore

Is it bad that I saw that accident on the news and the first thing I thought of was this thread on the forum?!

9 hours ago, Goldenmasamune said:

Wait, you weren't on that train yourself were you? :distressed:

On 16/12/2017 at 2:27 PM, Thea said:

10750_alt8.jpg

It's good to see this torso coming back.  It was also in the 2010 cargo train set 7939, and the 2011 red cargo train 3677.  But I prefer it to the one in 60052 and 60098 that the drivers have, so it is a very good sign of 2018 Lego trains.

On 12/22/2017 at 3:07 AM, Vilhelm22 said:

It's good to see this torso coming back.  It was also in the 2010 cargo train set 7939, and the 2011 red cargo train 3677.  But I prefer it to the one in 60052 and 60098 that the drivers have, so it is a very good sign of 2018 Lego trains.

I agree, the olive green torsos in 60052 + 60098 make it seem as if they're not really railway employees, but rather workers at the featured cargo destinations for those sets? I actually welcome the idea of having different departments having different color schemes and/or torso prints. Kind of like Star Trek, but maybe no red crewmembers..... lol 

I still think it would be a great idea to have more cross-theme appeal though. For example:

- The next passenger train set could have a thief robbing the passengers, and then be chased by a cop (or transit police)

- The first freight set could have a structure, like an oil refinery, catch fire, so some firefighters come to the rescue (a shameless way to include another helicopter)

- The second freight set could include some mining action, like a small tunnel or mountain to mine, a dynamite filled explode-able boxcar, and more of those creepy glowing spiders.

-The next "curveball" train set should be something to go along with the amusement park sub-theme, since WV got one.

dammit Lego, hire me already!

Sounds promising.  When I hear "Train Sub-theme", I'm thinking individual cars as add-ons.  I look forward to seeing what LEGO offers.

2 hours ago, WesternOutlaw said:

Sounds promising.  When I hear "Train Sub-theme", I'm thinking individual cars as add-ons.  I look forward to seeing what LEGO offers.

That would be most ideal. :purrr:

9 minutes ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

That would be most ideal. :purrr:

That would be most astonishing. And something to look forward to :sweet:

1 hour ago, Capparezza said:

That would be most astonishing. And something to look forward to :sweet:

That would be horrible. For my wallet. :grin: