Fenghuang0296

Creator Winter Village + Friends Snow Resort?

Is it just me, or, now that I'm getting ready to set up my Winter Village stuff, does the Friends Snow Resort line look like they're only a few alterations (and a bit of stripping out the pink) away from fitting in nicely alongside the Winter Village sets? This is more pertinent to the Chalet and Ice Rink sets than the Ski Lift and Off-Roader. What does everyone think?

EDIT: And the Hot Chocolate Van! I completely forgot the Van . . which is more of a take it or leave it set for Winter Village applications, depending on what time period you picture your Village in (and how much you like hit chocolate).

Edited by Feng-huang0296
Forgot one of the Snow Resort sets.

I was just looking at the 41323 Chalet today and I also think it has a Winter Village feel and the set looks like it could fit in as well.

Although, like you, I think some color change would help.

Andy D

Exactly. I'm still working on my Chalet (and haven't gotten the Ice Rink yet - waiting for a good discount.) but I'll post some photos when I'm done. 

Definitely had the same thought.  Looking at it more closely, though, it's really just a facade and not even as complete a building as the Winter Village sets.  Still, can be a good starting point for a mod.  I mean, I guess I'd remove the hot tub with digital entertainment center, but... it's a cute building.  :wink:

Alright, finished!

Yes, I know they aren't exactly the same, but Winter Village buildings are generally facades too! (Except the train, of course, but the point stands.) Plus, you have to consider that in spite of Winter Village's rustic 18-19-00-something charm, there's actually a few hints of modern technology. The toys in particular look pretty modern to me, as do the various Christmas lights that decorate various trees and roofs. So I think that Winter Village is an old-fashioned village slowly coming into the modern era with only vague hints of technology for the most part. This is a long-winded way of saying it does not break the thematic to have a jacuzzi on the Chalet.

Anyway, photos! . . . . Imgur apparently doesn't like me and won't let me post anything. And the file size is too big to just post here. :( Does anyone know any other good sites I can use?

Edited by Feng-huang0296

There is also this version of the ski resort, heavily inspired from the Friends set, using parts in other (existing) colors, for a good result:

Snow Resort Ski Lift

Edited by antp

Ooh, that does look good. :)

I have been tossing up whether or not to get the Friends Ski Lift to give my Winter Village's inhabitants some fun on skis. If something like that can be built using the parts, then it might just be worth it. Still, any opinions?

(Also, where can I get the instructions for that?)

There are a lot of parts recoloring, that's easier to do in digital : so it is not really "built with the Friends set" (for example the lift supports are grey instead of azure blue), it is more an inspired MOC

Don't worry, I noticed. (The lift itself is built differently, for one thing.) But, that said, it still looks great, and it gives me hope that something cool could be done with the ski lift in Winter Village. ^^

EDIT: And the Hot Chocolate Van! I completely forgot the Van . . which is more of a take it or leave it set for Winter Village applications, depending on what time period you picture your Village in (and how much you like hit chocolate).

35222488003_a23d2ced6e_c.jpgChocolate Van by Cheatay, sur Flickr

35898896661_656bfb0421_c.jpgChocolate Van 2 by Cheatay, sur Flickr

I am at the origin of the snow resort ski lift "winter village" and I did the same for the cottage. And as you've seen, I've also transformed the chocolate van :wink:

24159128928_99108fd8f5_c.jpgSnow Resort Chalet10 by Cheatay, sur Flickr

On 11/4/2017 at 9:36 AM, Cheatay said:

I am at the origin of the snow resort ski lift "winter village" and I did the same for the cottage. And as you've seen, I've also transformed the chocolate van :wink:

I really like how you've transformed your chalet, Cheatay. The muted colour palette of brown, tan and sand green really works to make it fit within the winter village. Lovely. I am going to try those colours with mine too as I picked up some sand green pieces from the PAB wall recently and hope to use those somehow. Mine might have a few extra studs showing as replacement tiles are a bit more expensive. 

Edited by alsielou
Removed quoted pics. Sorry, was using phone and pics were not visible in my reply!

Oh wow, those both look good . . . I wish I had enough of those parts in dark tan and sand green to do that. (Actually, I might try scrounging up enough dark tan to combine it with the lime green I'm currently using . . . or do you think that would be too much contrast? The brown, white, lime green and dark tan?)

Edited by Feng-huang0296

Thanks.
This may indeed be too contrasted but test to see the result. As long as you like the end result.
Edited by Cheatay

Well, I couldn't find enough dark tan, but I decided to try using some medium nougat masonry bricks instead, sourced from the Elves Capture of Sophie Jones set and that TLBM Catwoman set (because the original set had medium nougat near the doors and around the hot tub and I wanted to continue the pattern), and it looks great. :) So I'm going to stick with that.

Plus, it doesn't contrast with the lime green like the dark tan does, so I've relegated the dark tan for use on the foundations for the train warehouse I'm building to compliment the new Train Station. Yay recycling. XD

I'm on the verge of beginning my Creator and Friends (with a bit of Disney Princess) mash-up, starting with a 48x48 stud base plate.  Should be interesting.  The Elves' dormitory will have a dart board :)

I decided the same thing about the Friends sets. Buy a few cheaply and then substitute the colours I want.

I dislike facades, so I'll need 3 or 4 of each set and a few hinges to create opening walls before I begin.

I have not started building yet.

Maybe I'll wait for next Winter? :wink:

Got a great start on my Friends and Creator winter mash-up this morning.  Made modifications to two skidoos from the Friends Snow Resort Chalet 41323 sets.  (I bought four sets on sale.)  Part of the Friends Ice Rink 41322 and the Off-Roader 41321 are in the background.

38371695432_cdd72be6db_b.jpg

Cheers!

:classic: Beverly

On 11/4/2017 at 11:55 PM, Cheatay said:

Thanks,

For those interested, here are the links for LDD files :

Snow Resort Chalet : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rlkhq72m5lbvbxd/AADXphjUWmdT_d7S1Ku4VEcua?dl=0

Really like your take on the chalet, but when i upload it to BL it gives me an error regarding part 18980, i have no access to LDD, is there anyone kind enough to help me out?:innocent2: