Sign in to follow this  
Campistron

[MOC] Classical Theatre stage

Hi everyone,

I'm here today to present you my latest creation : a theatre stage and is modular background.

4761399-01_-_Vue_-_face-Umn86iEkFqEvfQ-t

4761407-02_-_Vue_-_generale-UCQuIsFMeOZc

This MOC is composed of 3 separable modular elements that include the theatre stage, wings, dress circle box and two rooms behind the stage : the playwright's study and the actress's dressing room.

4761440-08_-_Separation_des_modules-QBDm

4761607-30_-_bureau_de_lecrivain-hiYVgbZ

4761611-31_-_loge_de_la_comedienne-z-sDR

The set include enough pieces to build (using the same parts) several stage sets to represent various backgrounds : a front door, a balcony, a living room, a dinner room, a bedroom, a science room, a throne room, a sepulchre, and even an other theatre stage in the main theatre stage !

4761452-10_-_Decor_modulaire_1-dp4Hx7bLX

4761467-11_-_Decor_modulaire_2-cSTRymcfZ

4763248-12_-_Decor_modulaire_3-2V3ldMmVN

The MOC also include several play functions : a trap door on the stage than you can open and close, two drawers to stock extra parts or minifig accessories and four LED lights who works with power functions elements hidden under the stage !

4761507-15_-_Mecanisme_de_la_trappe-57GJ

4761518-16_-_Tiroirs_de_rangement-zoNe7z

4761495-14_-_Eclairage_2-3l0NpgW7usfDxA-

This creation make possible to recreated the most famous plays of Shakespeare, Molière, etc.

4761533-18_-_Exemple_de_piece_1-DZNsTnwv

4761543-19_-_Exemple_de_piece_2-u06djTX7

4761559-21_-_Exemple_de_piece_4-cKkkzRGv

4761595-27_-_Exemple_de_piece_10-oX2Zu77

4761603-29_-_Exemple_de_piece_12-eZj45r7

You can use this MOC as a puppet show, using lego shaft to action minifigs.

4761525-17_-_Fonction_theatre_de_marione

I published this creation on Lego Ideas. So, if you like it and wishe it become one day a real Lego set, you can support it by following this link :

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/265e877d-0493-459e-ba91-b8a329ed292a

Thank you !

That is so great!  The play features (pun intended) are wonderful, and the whole thing is beautifully detailed and executed. Bravo!  :sweet:

I was confused for a moment because in a few of the pictures the white hands of the minifigs disappear against the background. I guess I wasn't paying very close attention at the figs, instead the amazing build. :wink:

Functional and full of awesome detail. I especially like the golden winged figures, a simple detail but very cool.

Edited by runnybabbit223

Wow! What a fantastic MOC! I love how this set is packed with both visual detail and plenty of playability. I particularly like considerations like the partially studded stage floor (great for setting up actors in their respective places on stage), and the rebuildable sets and props (a fantastic idea for a feature).

If I had one minor criticism, it would be that for Lego Ideas integrated power functions might push the price point of this already very large set even higher—optional Power Functions integration, as seen in many sets in the Creator and Technic themes, might help to keep the price down. But I still think it has a great chance at success, combining display value, play value, and even educational value as it does. I've gone ahead and supported it. Good luck!

That looks really nice! :thumbup:

Detailing is really great and the play features are a nice bonus for your build.

Good luck on Ideas.

If this doesn't take off on Ideas then please PLEASE at least put a parts list and digital instructions up on Bricklink so we can make our own! Its simply wonderful!

Great idea and very well executed. I like the architecture and color scheme very much. Your minifig selection is also spot on.

Thank you all for all theses kind and enthousiastic comments ! I hope all enought people on Lego Ideas will think like you !

On 03/11/2017 at 2:30 PM, Lyichir said:

If I had one minor criticism, it would be that for Lego Ideas integrated power functions might push the price point of this already very large set even higher—optional Power Functions integration, as seen in many sets in the Creator and Technic themes, might help to keep the price down. But I still think it has a great chance at success, combining display value, play value, and even educational value as it does. I've gone ahead and supported it. Good luck!

Yes I know, I totaly agree with you ! That's why I precised on Lego Ideas that the project can includ power function, but that it works without too !

On 03/11/2017 at 4:38 PM, CappnRob said:

If this doesn't take off on Ideas then please PLEASE at least put a parts list and digital instructions up on Bricklink so we can make our own! Its simply wonderful!

There is still a lot of time left on Lego Ideas  ! and the simplest would be that enough people vote for the project so that it has one thing to become an official Lego set. But if within a year the project has not gathered enough support, then yes I would put the buildings insctructions on Bricklink !