Doom2099

What trains could be rereleased if Lego goes the Legends route?

If Lego really did re-release a Santa Fe, I'd be the first in line. Although, admittedly, I would dislike a redesign of the train. I own the original Santa Fe engine and a redesign would look strange, if I had two different looking Santa Fe engines on the same train, imo :D 

Would totally buy one though :D 

Would absolutely leap on the chance to purchase an Emerald Night as I was too young to raise my own funds the first time around!

A Super Chief or Hogwarts Express would also be a good shout :)

Edited by Bricksmith

Just now, Bricksmith said:

Would absolutely leap on the chance to purchase an Emerald Night as I was too young to raise my own funds the first time around!

A chieftan or Hogwarts Express would also be a good shout :)

Chieftan? What's that ?

On 11/14/2017 at 12:28 PM, Blk69 said:

I would be happy with a newer version of the Santa Fe.  Feel sales would be strong and ascetics would be better than the original.  Would like to see cars/carriages sold individually, maybe as a general all in one type.  I mean you purchase a general carriage and could make into a mail car, dinner, observation, etc.  Say a child has two carriages, they could rebuild them from dinners, to sleepers to express.... Build to what ever they needed each time they are played with.  Lot of creativity here.    

Hint Hint Lego.... Parents would buy a few carriages  each year to add onto the train.  Sounds like a nice continued revenue stream.

That was the theory behind the 3 in 1 instructions of the original Super Chief carriages but sales were terrible. They were eventually almost thrown away at steep discounts. Part of the problem is retailers don't like separate train cars as add ons. Parents tend to buy the engine, then wait a year to look for the carriages. By this time the sales for the carriages have been very low, and the retailer has discontinued stocking the carriages.

3 hours ago, peterab said:

That was the theory behind the 3 in 1 instructions of the original Super Chief carriages but sales were terrible. They were eventually almost thrown away at steep discounts. Part of the problem is retailers don't like separate train cars as add ons. Parents tend to buy the engine, then wait a year to look for the carriages. By this time the sales for the carriages have been very low, and the retailer has discontinued stocking the carriages.

I think it was on the right track but just one step short. If they were to do a Chief again, have the set include 1 Locomotive and 2-3 cars, but have instructions and parts for a B-Unit and instructions/parts for 3 variations of each car. That way you have one $120-$150 set that has one loco and three cars, and high value for duplicate purchases, since each purchase would yield unique additions. 

14 hours ago, Daedalus304 said:

I think it was on the right track but just one step short. If they were to do a Chief again, have the set include 1 Locomotive and 2-3 cars, but have instructions and parts for a B-Unit and instructions/parts for 3 variations of each car. That way you have one $120-$150 set that has one loco and three cars, and high value for duplicate purchases, since each purchase would yield unique additions. 

Great idea.  Have the normal set of and engine and 3 cars.  If you purchase a second set can make a B unit and 3 different cars.  Love it!  How do we get this on the Lego ideas page?