Doom2099

What trains could be rereleased if Lego goes the Legends route?

I hope not.

I would prefer a new Creator Expert train compared to just redoing the old ones; a Mallard instead of an EN. Even if they released EN, for example, I doubt it would have the same green printed tiles which means you might as well Bricklink one with a different color. You would also run into an issue with only having a single car so to get a longer train you would still need to buy multiple sets which gives you multiple engines and tenders. Even older legacy trains are simpler designs and therefore easier to BrickLink. A Power Function version of a 9V train wouldn't even be the exact same model so it wouldn't even be an accurate recreation. 

What I would like Lego to do is make it easier to buy individual cars like they did with Santa Fe.

Edited by gotoAndLego

7 minutes ago, gotoAndLego said:

would prefer a new Creator Expert train compared to just redoing the old ones; a Mallard instead of an EN.

A Mallard, or some other streamlined British steam locomotive, could make for an amazing Creator Expert train set!

But, much like the Emerald Night and the Horizon Express, I'd expect Lego to instead do an inspired set, as opposed to a direct copy, complete with its own original name. That way, Lego designers can take slightly altered liberties with its color scheme and design, perhaps giving us a locomotive done in Earth Blue (as opposed to Bright Blue) and wheels recolored in Dark Red (as opposed to Bright Red wheels which we have already).

Another steam engine which is visually different beyond a color change would be cool, but I don't want something which is just a re-release of the EN. I would prefer a new Santa-Fe style engine utilizing the newer techniques as opposed to just a re-do of the old set. Imagine it with the metallic silver color instead of just grey.

Edited by gotoAndLego