Greetings Legoheads! :wink:

May I present to you, a small MOC of mine, its a medium scale 1973 Era Formula 1 car, approx. 500 parts. I think there is not much else to say, I hope you enjoy my little creation! 

KTt2CLt.jpg

KZfXHRg.jpg

9xTXNOn.jpg

dbnStms.jpg

K979C68.jpg

Edited by GiantAmbushBeetle

Looks fast, aggressive and ridiculously dangerous - just like the cars in the 70s were. Excellent work!:classic:

10 hours ago, Littleworlds said:

Looks fast, aggressive and ridiculously dangerous - just like the cars in the 70s were. Excellent work!:classic:

Hey Littleworlds, thanks for the compliment! 

That pretty much sums up why the 70's and 80's was my favorite era for racing (I was not even born back then but looking back it definitely is), just raw power and speed, screw the rest - thats the purest form of racing spirit and the cars and the drivers perfectly reflected that. :wink: 

This looks great. Small and crazy fast. Maybe you could try to add another axle to the front to create the Elf 6 wheeled F1 car? :wink:

Brilliant!!! :thumbup: If this was a Lego set, or there were instructions available, I'd immediately buy them!

On 2.11.2017 at 1:15 AM, GiantAmbushBeetle said:

That pretty much sums up why the 70's and 80's was my favorite era for racing (I was not even born back then but looking back it definitely is), just raw power and speed, screw the rest - thats the purest form of racing spirit and the cars and the drivers perfectly reflected that. :wink: 

Totally agree with every single word of that! (But would like to add the early 90's - Senna, Prost, Mansell - were equally great :wink:)

31 minutes ago, Tenderlok said:

Brilliant!!! :thumbup: If this was a Lego set, or there were instructions available, I'd immediately buy them!

Totally agree with every single word of that! (But would like to add the early 90's - Senna, Prost, Mansell - were equally great :wink:)

Thanks for the kind words - For just 99,95$ you can get instructions for this model - Place your order in the next 15 minutes and receive a bonus surprise 20 brick custom LEGO set! (Shipping not included)

........just kidding. :laugh: 

I have to agree, the mid 80's and early 90's were amazing because of the extreme power those cars had, some reached in excess of 1400hp! I've always wanted to make an F1 car of that era so this is very likely going to be my next little project. 

7 hours ago, Qukie said:

This looks great. Small and crazy fast. Maybe you could try to add another axle to the front to create the Elf 6 wheeled F1 car? :wink:

Thank you! I've had so many requests for the Tyrrel 6-wheeler that I'm starting to like the idea. I'm not entirely sure though if LEGO makes the right size tires for the front tires in this scale, thats something I have to check. 

Edited by GiantAmbushBeetle