All,

After more then 2 year without working on a new Technic MOC I am now ready to present my new project: A classic roadster based on a Jaguar XK120.

800x449.jpg

I managed to built it in white and separate the frame and the bodywork completety. Due to this there is also a frame version with full RC. It can be build in red and black as well without major adaptations. More pictures, video and instructions to follow....

Rebrickable instructions: https://www.rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-10690/martijnnab/classic-jaguar-roadster/#comments

Blog from The Lego Car Blog:   https://thelegocarblog.com/2017/11/02/it-doesnt-matter-if-youre-black-or-white-2/

Blog from The Brothers-brick: https://www.brothers-brick.com/2017/11/09/jaguar-roadsters-technical-challenge/

400x225.jpg

400x225.jpg

400x225.jpg

Edited by martijnnab
Updated with link to instructions

Another great model from you :thumbup:

The front fenders do look a bit busy with all these connectors, but I guess that is the only way to get some rigidity into the shell. I like the fact that the bodywork can be separated, it's one of the things I still have on my todo list.

The red accents really work for me as well.

Just now, Jeroen Ottens said:

Another great model from you :thumbup:

The front fenders do look a bit busy with all these connectors, but I guess that is the only way to get some rigidity into the shell.

The connectors were indeed a must to make the shell rigid by itself. It made the build much more complicated with lots of variation before it worked, but now I can easily switch bodywork colors and have a manual as well as RC version side-by side by just switching the frame...

Edited by martijnnab

Looks great! I love the body over chassis design, great shaping, proportions and the different colours/chassis is a great idea. I'd love to see a Morgan in that similar fashion :wink:

I like it. As others mentioned, separate body is good feature. Also reminds me Wiesmann roadster (who knows, whre they get ispiration).

Very cool creation! I usally don't like 'old' cars but this one is very recognisable. I looks very good with the red accent color. :thumbup:

All,

Thanks for the great comments.

Suspension I couldn't fit in anymore unfortunatey The RC based chassis structure is only three studs high and needed to be fully self-supporting. Might be easier to add in the manual version as the RC is already heavily packed..

The black version as pictures is in the working. I will share it it's available. Just don't have the red wheels unfortunately :angry:

XK 120 (120 for 120mph top speed) is my favorite Jag. To see something like it built in LEGO is something that is very rare because LEGO parts are not exactly made for smooth and elegant lines of this classic, so I take my hat of for effort snd for achievement. There are some not even surfaces but I could not make it better

Upon request the black version, now in combination with the RC chassis. It also has racing seats....

800x449.jpg

400x225

800x449.jpg

The RC receiver is hidden underneath the windscreen and especially icw the black version very difficult to notice. It can also be equiped with an sbrick...

IMG_2585.JPG

The chassis is only three studs thick in the back and the middle and as you can see a lot of space is taken up by the 2L motors and the servo.

Edited by martijnnab

Fantastic execution. Love it, also the very compact RC solution.

Agree that black>white:classic:

Great model you did there!

Excellent, almost looks like Model Team / Creator the way you used technic panels to shape it so well, great job!

800x449.jpg

I got the suggestion to change the red interior to white to better match the white wheels. Am quite happy with the results.

The red version is also in the making....

And here's the red one to complete the series. Pick the one you like most ...:sweet:

800x449.jpg

800x449.jpg

Edited by martijnnab

So good!! I think my choices would be:

chassis = manual

body = red

interior/seats = tan

decals = yes - love these on the white one in the photo above

chrome grille, front and rear bumpers and windscreen frame.

im guessing it’s not possible to build in dark green, otherwise I’d say go for that, it is a Jag after all :wink:

Now you need green with tan Interior and 8285 truck wheels

Just now, Paknaloid said:

im guessing it’s not possible to build in dark green, otherwise I’d say go for that, it is a Jag after all :wink:

Nope, not possible in green. Yellow also not possible because of lack of 1x2 thin liftarms and very limited availability of  nr 4 connector (which is really a shame!) Blue should be possible as wel if you replace the big curved panel by beams. Just don't have the parts to try that one out:hmpf_bad: