Sign in to follow this  
Ayrlego

[COR - OCT FB] Temple of Poseidon, Jameston

While to most outsiders Corlanders are not known as a pious people, many still follow the old ways, especially those from rural or outlying areas. Where Corrington differs from the majority of the nations of the Madrice peninsula, is that for a couple of hundred years now the Faith has been completely separated from the state. Corlanders are still free to practice any religious beliefs, but only so far as those activities do not conflict with the secular laws of the state. 

Dirk Allcock is not among the pious of his countrymen. A man of science he has little time for what he considers myths and fairytales. As colonial governor however, when a group of Priests of Poseidon approached him seeking permission to construct a small shrine in the docks of Jameston, he immediately recognised the advantages and gave his approval.

37352264164_6363f71d77_c.jpg

24209078338_93fe6763c8_c.jpg

To be licensed as a small art and culture by the settlement of Jameston.

Technique for the pattern above the archway is from here

Edited by Ayrlego

Great build, really capturing the spirit and mood of an actual Greek temple. The ornaments are not overdone, which I like. And that archway pattern just looks great. Well done!

Very cool! The frieze and that pattern above the door are excellent! At its core, a relatively simple build, but you've taken it to another level with careful attention to detail (in addition to that already mentioned, just the use of the 1x1 round plates for the corners of the altar, etc). Well done! :thumbup:

Flawless execution - maybe too flawless? I think adding a crumbled piece here and there, a small crack, a little peace of dirt might have enhanced the MOC even further.

The construction itself is amazing, many nice techniques and the overall flair is just perfect. :-) 

Fantastic build @Ayrlego! What really stands out to me is the pattern you made with the 1x2 modified pieces. I like the use of the Disney Carriage wheel as well.

I feel like the inside could use a bit more character, maybe some offerings or something. But all around, fantastic build.

That pattern between those columns is just too good, mate!  Great job with the gold above the entrance as well - altogether an excellent classic example of Oleander architecture! :classic:

Thank you all for the comments,

On 01/11/2017 at 2:03 AM, Elostirion said:

Flawless execution - maybe too flawless? I think adding a crumbled piece here and there, a small crack, a little peace of dirt might have enhanced the MOC even further.

The construction itself is amazing, many nice techniques and the overall flair is just perfect. :-) 

I agree and I did consider adding some tan pieces as random highlights, but it just didn't feel right for a new building.... Maybe the walls need a chip here or there...

On 01/11/2017 at 3:50 AM, Mesabi said:

I feel like the inside could use a bit more character, maybe some offerings or something

I totally agree. I meant to have a minifig in there knelling and a plate with some offerings, but after having it sit unfinished on my desk for almost three weeks, I got a little too excited when the roof finally went on and totally forgot!