bricksnator

Ninjago Borg Tower MOC (work in lengthy progress)

Started work on my interpretation of a 48x48 baseplate Borg Tower MOC that I've been wanting to do since Season 3. If all goes according to plan it will be the centerpiece of a larger city layout.

All except the top floor (Borg's office) and top (Borg Logo, which will be challenging) are complete in LDD. Most floors are empty interiors (for now) save for the lobby, first floor (a restaurant) and second-to-top floor (loosely modeled after the Season 8 trailer). I have plans for the middle floors (Nindroid factory, etc.) that I'll add in the future.

Lobby and first floor pieces are either ready or on the way from BL and PAB.

Will update over time as it builds up to hopefully more than a few feet in height. 

This could be interesting! :wink:  I haven't seen any other Borg Towers built to date, so that's a nice plus. Looking forward to the first update! :classic:

Hopefully :) It's not an exact interpretation due to a variety of factors, but should be close enough to be recognizable. Anxiously awaiting more pieces to arrive...

There are several sneak peek/update shots on Borg Tower here from a while back:

https://www.instagram.com/aroundthebrick/

Interiors completed are the lobby and second floor (a Mongolian Grill-type restaurant that you'll see a top-down view of). There's also a balcony off the restaurant because of structural requirements. And it's cool to put figures there. And the elevator on the back manually goes up and down and can be locked into any floor.

It is currently 12 stories and will top off at 14.

Unfortunately the LDD files for this were lost in a computer crash so the top 2 floors (S8 Museum and Borg's office), which I had partially designed, now have to be redone from scratch. Ugh.

I'll be focusing on reworking the side attachments next so they'll actually attach without falling apart. It's nice to get back into this.

Edited by bricksnator