Hello all, this is my first time posting here. Feel free to tell me if I have done anything wrong.

Black Aura Supercar
Youtube Video, Trailer, Instructions Part 1Bricksafe

Two XL-motors for drive, one M-motor for steering, one M-motor for shifting, one M-motor for the spoiler, and two M-motors for the doors.
Has a turning and tiltable steering wheel, working lights with switch in cabin, four-speed transmission, easily removable battery pack, spoiler that folds in and out VERY neatly, openable gullwing-like doors, openable and removable rear, working V12 engine with visible chain near the battery pack, all-wheel independent suspension with three springs a wheel, and finally, an opening hood with stand to keep it open.

Built purely from imagination and was not intended to look like any specific car. More than six pounds! (I think it was something in between six pounds and seven ounces or eleven ounces. I do not remember).

A video:

Some of the pictures from Bricksafe /\:

P1110642.jpg

P1110648.jpg

P1110675.jpg

P1110657.jpg

P1110659.jpg

P1110662.jpg

P1110643.jpg

Edited by fanders

This is a very original car, I'm impressed for your firs post. Welcome to Eurobricks, you've shown up with a car and a LOT of functions. One thing I could suggest is a bit of scaling added to slightly more realistic proportions. But seriously... you've acutally managed to pack so many features in that small space so well. Love the rear spoiler and door mechanism. 

Welcome to eurobricks! Very cool build, I'm quite intrigued by the rear spoiler and door mechanisms, very clever!  Besides that the body is quite short and wide, but an excellent start none the less. It reminds my of my brother @Lox Lego and my first attempts at original MOCs.  

Welcome to EB!

Front design is interesting, functionality is good.

I think, You have to make it more proportional (at least longer wheel base), sturdy (it looks like it bends under weight), also it would be good to clean dust before taking pictures.

looks nice!  A bit dusty perhaps? :grin:

Really good how you managed to get everything in such a limited space. Good job!

Any chance on a video? good morning.. missed my coffee, excuse me

Edited by bord4kop

This car is really well done:thumbup: The functions are numerous enough, and the front and rear look good enough.

But the side view makes it look like it was squished between something, and that seems to be the only problem with this car.If the scaling was a bit better, it would be one of the best cars here :D

1 hour ago, Lox Lego said:

I forgot to mention I like the use of 3 shock for the front suspension. Is it the same in the rear?

I see only 2...Although there is a bit of red behind the leftmost one in the photo..

Hi,

Nice car!

However, your images are way too big. You have embedded them by resizing the width to 1024, but you should use the Bricksafe url for 1024 wide. 

https://bricksafe.com/files/fanders/black-aura-supercar/P1110659.jpg/1024x768.jpg

1024x768.jpg

Squished and out of proportions in all possible ways, but I like it :laugh:. It has a chubby vibe to it and packs a lot of character. I really like the small panels in the front grille, those have definitely a BMW-esque feeling to it. I might steal that idea one day.

It think it should be a longer, but man you packed everything into that build. I love those opening doors and opening the rear reveals the workings. Great work.

H

Welcome to EuroBricks! Have to say, this looks like a BMW got rear-ended by a semi, but the functions are awesome! Love how the back opens to show the mechanics. :thumbup: And the front grille looks great, pretty aggressive, yet smooth with the panels in the middle.

20 hours ago, PlastiBots said:

Nice MOC.. Excellent use of tight space  

Thank you very much! I really like it when my Lego cars are quite dense if you know hat I mean.

20 hours ago, Lox Lego said:

This is a very original car, I'm impressed for your firs post. Welcome to Eurobricks, you've shown up with a car and a LOT of functions. One thing I could suggest is a bit of scaling added to slightly more realistic proportions. But seriously... you've acutally managed to pack so many features in that small space so well. Love the rear spoiler and door mechanism. 

9 hours ago, Lox Lego said:

I forgot to mention I like the use of 3 shock for the front suspension. Is it the same in the rear?

Thank you, I definitely should have tried to make it more proportionally like a real car but I did not have the patience. Maybe next time.:laugh: I originally had one shock absorber each wheel but it was not enough so I put three on both the front and the rear axle.

16 hours ago, Jurss said:

Welcome to EB!

Front design is interesting, functionality is good.

I think, You have to make it more proportional (at least longer wheel base), sturdy (it looks like it bends under weight), also it would be good to clean dust before taking pictures.

Thank you for the suggestions. I should have made it more proportional, I agree. /\ It does bend under weight but I tried to put the seats one stud above the base (probably a stupid idea) of the car so there was little room to strengthen it. It never occured to me to dust of Lego cars before taking pictures.:blush: Good idea.

20 hours ago, DugaldIC said:

Welcome to eurobricks! Very cool build, I'm quite intrigued by the rear spoiler and door mechanisms, very clever!  Besides that the body is quite short and wide, but an excellent start none the less. It reminds my of my brother @Lox Lego and my first attempts at original MOCs.  

Thank you very much. I am used to building rock crawlers and so a low, sports car was a new challenge for me. I had an especially hard time making the rear axle strong enough for the weight of the car using CV joints so I used U-joints which worked quite well.

8 hours ago, ThatOneBuilder said:

This car is really well done:thumbup: The functions are numerous enough, and the front and rear look good enough.

But the side view makes it look like it was squished between something, and that seems to be the only problem with this car.If the scaling was a bit better, it would be one of the best cars here :D

I see only 2...Although there is a bit of red behind the leftmost one in the photo..

Thank you very much! I agree that it is too short.

7 hours ago, Jim said:

Hi,

Nice car!

However, your images are way too big. You have embedded them by resizing the width to 1024, but you should use the Bricksafe url for 1024 wide. 

Thanks, I shall take note of that.

6 hours ago, Myers Lego Technic said:

Holy Mary Mother of God. Your suspension looks tighter than a droplet of liquid water on a neutron star. 

As odd as it is, that was by far the hardest part for me! There are pictures of it on my Bricksafe -

https://bricksafe.com/files/fanders/black-aura-supercar/PF Screen Shot 2017-10-14 at 7.02.20 PM 10 14 2017.png

https://bricksafe.com/files/fanders/black-aura-supercar/PG Screen Shot 2017-10-14 at 7.02.39 PM 10 14 2017.png

4 hours ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

Squished and out of proportions in all possible ways, but I like it :laugh:. It has a chubby vibe to it and packs a lot of character. I really like the small panels in the front grille, those have definitely a BMW-esque feeling to it. I might steal that idea one day.

I put those two panels together and decided that I needed to make them like that. Then I spent a long time until I got them perfect. Here is how I built it -

https://bricksafe.com/files/fanders/black-aura-supercar/PA FRONT OF CAR.png A bent one of [url=https://rebrickable.com/parts/32192/technic-axle-and-pin-connector-angled-4-135/]these[/url] is holding the axles together on the front.

1 hour ago, Horace T said:

It think it should be a longer, but man you packed everything into that build. I love those opening doors and opening the rear reveals the workings. Great work.

H

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Welcome to EuroBricks! Have to say, this looks like a BMW got rear-ended by a semi, but the functions are awesome! Love how the back opens to show the mechanics. :thumbup: And the front grille looks great, pretty aggressive, yet smooth with the panels in the middle.

A BMW got rear-ended by a semi.:laugh: I'll take that as a compliment!

On 10/31/2017 at 2:11 AM, bord4kop said:

looks nice!  A bit dusty perhaps? :grin:

Really good how you managed to get everything in such a limited space. Good job!

Any chance on a video? good morning.. missed my coffee, excuse me

Yes, very dusty! Sorry about your lack of coffee.:laugh: