Ellisss_2

[WIP] UCS V-19 Torrent

I don't suggest giving up :) More like taking one step at the time. Noone starts learning math by tryting to compute complex integrals. You first learn to add, subtract, multiply... and the same applies on technic building. Sure, to some extent you can speed up the learning curve, especially if you have a good intuition and mindset towards mechanics but still there is a lot to learn.

Get the pieces for sure. If you have the money, buy some technic sets. It's surprisingly different building experience and if you pick good sets with lots of functions, constructing them will teach you a lot.

AT-TE sounds cool. There would be different challenges, more of a structural build.

10 hours ago, sokewl said:

Possible to get the ldd file? Looks soooo good!!!

Thank you, I am hoping to get instructions done for this. I will keep you notified!

Kind regards, Ellis.

Woah, my build was featured as a picture for the upcoming TLG V-19 in MandRproductions channel, but I got no credit. :( I will definitely post some build updates soon my Venator is so nearly complete too! 

Kind regards, Ellis

Edited by Ellisss_2

There will be an update on this build soon. However first, I would like an opinion on something.

I am planning on scrapping the wing mechanism and using ratcheted joints (probably 44224 and 44225). It would allow me to release the model a lot sooner and the model would have a better visual appearance.

The mechanism required to move the wings requires a lot of torque and the solution is not easy and ruins some aesthetics of the model.

I'm not sure whether people would be bothered if it didn't have a wing function since it is a display model anyway.

Please let me know what you think,

Ellis.

8 hours ago, Ellisss_2 said:

There will be an update on this build soon. However first, I would like an opinion on something.

I am planning on scrapping the wing mechanism and using ratcheted joints (probably 44224 and 44225). It would allow me to release the model a lot sooner and the model would have a better visual appearance.

The mechanism required to move the wings requires a lot of torque and the solution is not easy and ruins some aesthetics of the model.

I'm not sure whether people would be bothered if it didn't have a wing function since it is a display model anyway.

Please let me know what you think,

Ellis.

I'm thinking you could do a version with the ratcheted joints and one with the proper wing mechanism, because that would be a look cooler!

As I would like build it for display I don't mind if the wings aren't moving.

Man this MOC looks cool! Anyway I agree with JarJarBonks,release the version with atcheted joints and then one with the proper wing mechanism. The first will be a apperticer and the th eone with proper wing mecanism will be la 5 star meal.

7 hours ago, Kristof said:

Ratcheted joints?! What a lame idea...

:blush:

Just kidding :D

Haha, I wonder who’s idea it was in the first place? ;)