Sign in to follow this  
ohlaugh

Engine shed

I have been going crazy looking for pictures of the train engine shed that was in a catalogue sometime in the 2000's . Not the set but I think it was something you could build with pick a brick parts . It was red and very big built on the large grey baseplate I think . Does anyone have pictures or the catalogue year and month please .Its driving me nuts .

Thanks so much for any help

Wow I'm still hunting this thing down and found these 2 pics in my computer ? I cant make them bigger without a lot of distortion but that's the one.

repairshed.jpg

shed2.jpg

Ah, okay, there was an article or blog post that talked about some of the behind the scenes from Jake McKee's time at Lego and the formation of the Hobby train set. I think it was somewhere in railbricks. There were two or three concept models built and that figured in the background of some of the official lego shots from the day and as I recall one looked like (possibly even inspired) the engine shed you found links to. While I can't find the article, it did mention that photos of the models were featured as extended content in the train section of lego.com up until the end of the 9v era.